It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Why the defense? You were speaking of little microbes taking over your "body" and indeed they do... but you do not believe they can take over your speech or that thing you call a mind? Then how does sickness arise in any of the three?

Claiming that "meatbag" as a singular self an I am that tempts all life to take it over use it and control it... but it is just an animated heap of elements.

If you already know this? Good then we have nothing to discuss... I'd rather not yin and yang around with you, however I respect the bacteria and whatever indwelling that you do have. Mine are not prone to strong drug and drink; as they have been evicted... only inviting the awakened the law of the awakened and those on the path to it.

That is what Namaste is all about; whether you do or not do depends on what those inside you depend on... those outside well they depend on you too... but what do they depend on you for? Family gets called family because they typically require the least payment in return for what they give you. Giving someone trouble and stress? Well some feed on that as a payment but then of course what kind of family are you then building? One that progressively gets worse and worse... of course attachment to one family is also a poison how far that family goes? HA!

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I still doubt it was something you did. If someone would repeat what you did step by step there wouldn't be the same experience as result.
What did you do?

posted on Jul, 28 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I was at the time and place..
I don't understand what happened so I can't really say. My life was just like that.. Not sure if you'd call it good luck or bad luck.. like the black triangle craft.
Yea you could say it was just there and I was just there.. but I was calling for it to happen in my mind..

Not that I had any idea what I wanted, but I was like you back in those days begging the universe to show itself. It's something I did for most of my life.. to escape basically.. Just let me in on the game and my depressing life was worth it.

Now I don't care, nor am I around others with that magic weirdness.. It was all lined up so perfectly.
You don't have that happen twice in your life.
At least I doubt it.
edit on 28-7-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

Math works because there are no sides. Once you pick a side you lost because Universe doesn’t care. So why should you? You claim to be unsided but you are not. You have a smug edge about you that actually rubs me the wrong way. Life is not an argument to win or lose because we all lose in the end. So why not better your understanding along the way??

Why try to describe yourself in terms that make you “better” than us schlubs living day to day? And to discredit us at not knowing the Path is wrong too.

I say the words but you don’t hear. I love you. All the pain, the path you have traveled by yourself, the loneliness... I have been there!

So stop being mean to the people trying to support you! That is all. No big plans on effing you over. I don’t care about money (do like nice guitars but you can always buy another one). Don’t know anything else about you but want you to know that all the crap you put up with doesn’t matter to me. And I may be extending my authority a bit, but the MetaCafe is probably the same.

We have all suffered our problems and issues (or are still working them out! lol), but relax! You are among friends! Stop trying to pick a fight. Questions are cool, but stop being so personal (because this is the internet and we really don’t need to shine each other on, do we?)

“Polite conversation...” and not fights or linked proof.

@Peeple, too. I don’t want any hand in your stated search for disclosure (life or death talk you have been saying).

posted on Jul, 29 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I really do think now that people can't handle the true reality whatever it is.. You know disclosure.. I present myself as exibit A.. my mind couldn't wrap around it, bounced around it, squishy back into place, kinda.. now I just don't know.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Depends on the math I suppose... it is basically just symbolism made into a complexity. Of course when people try to make it mean something complex using their own symbols; they have to realize that becomes a complex and more akin to art than a science... so people refer them to another sort of science called psychology.

Programming languages are basically the same thing.

Interestingly most of them are: IF, THEN, ELSE. If the code doesn't work then it is of course; GIGO.

Seems your post gave an IF THEN ELSE... when I was just making a statement. How you take or rationalize that statement? Was if you were taking some sort of pity like you were carrying some burden I had already lay down; then want to shrug it back at me. Yes some call that love caring or compassion... but hey all that GIGO has already been accomplished. Picking it up to recycle... is not my jam; although adding some of "that" to a recipe; would make a decent wine.

One second ago is infinite nothing lay down past to me; nothing to pick up except these fingers as they press down speak sounds that if listened to sometimes echo the exact same thing being said like a loud speaker.

Packing up Zen and going home...

Take care

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

I'd like to believe you could be telling the truth, but I've talked to you for years..

"The past doesn't matter," is just a religious thought, and it's wasteful indeed. People don't invent the belief system you follow in the present moment.. It takes wisdom over time to understand why the present moment even particularly matters.

Zen is not something I see reflected in the way you write. Moreso, it's detachment, or unrelatability. You chose a character.. I know why. You told me. Zen is not repeating religious views over and over to people who tell you please stop. It's like you are bragging about something at least I don't see in you. Underneath all of that I do like you..

You have personally killed the flow of the thread. Either you can't feel it? Or you just don't care.
As far as the P word goes, you are similar to KellyPrettyBear. And we are not buying guru gummie bears.

The purpose of discussion is a growth that happens unpredictably in fellow humans, or aliens, that just pops up like a beautiful mushroom after heavy rains.
It's no fun to play in God mode.. What's the point??

And what of mousy?
I miss mouse. I hope she's around.

But.. anyway..
The past can hurt.
You can either run from it, or learn from it.
Some monkey told me that once.

I just wish you could consider other humans as beings to communicate with instead of at.. self justification of life path is very common in troubled youth turned religious. What you found great meaning in doesn't matter to me, except maybe as a talking point on what is reality, but all I hear is "nothing matters"

Which is something that I think frequently, but it doesn't lend itself to having polite discussions about the unknown.

You say it's everyone else..
But if you are having bad reactions with everyone, then it's you.

Maybe I can summon mousey with a song?

edit on 1-8-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   

The zen I was speaking of... was not arising from thought. The key presses themselves saying exactly what was being typed. It is sort of like automatic writing, but more likely akin to that synchronism business you guys typically like to "flow" about...

I yoke the eye, the ear, the nose, tongue and body. So that understanding of various phenomena or dhammas present themselves to "mind" via those consciousnesses.

Here's what has been noticed as CONTACT "players"; in simple bare awareness of empty and yet not empty.

Hearing consciousness;

A parrot
A narrator
A Voice thrower to produce echo
A mimic
A feel like I have done this DejaVous plant?
A mind if I? While action already in progress.

Tactile Sensation(touch) consciousness; feels like a finger.

Arm
Elbow
Rib
Anus

Eye consciousness;

Various humanoid form paradolia(corner of eyes)
Tiny Art

Nose consciousness;

Bombs(fart like) vary in character from distinct to non distinct

Taste consciousness;

Change in flavor entirely from what is being eaten.

These "players" also go by some random nicknaming convention; "they" or "it" seems to arise, pass and retract; into and out of what seem to be like a snail shell or "mystic spiral" as one has called it.

Could be a singular entity playing multiple roles; could be multiple entities...

Seems they or it sometimes combine to "create" a drama.

Thats basically the results of continuous meditative practice; and non attachment to any of the sense spheres as either good or bad but just is as it is in bare awareness.

Not attached to whatever they, it or them are... despite the arising and passing.

Seems to be a conflict in it, them, or they though... why that has to circulate about this temporal corpse I drag around; I am not sure.

Used to be I took all of that sort as a "self" claiming those senses and discriminating everything as good, bad, or neutral. Now they just are like a camera is the eye is no different, the camera just performs its function.

With food for instance doesn't matter the taste... sometimes my coffee has tasted like flea powder, sometimes a flavor like a dorito will appear while eating cereal. Smells from oh perfume to cherries, bananas to something indistinguishable like some drug, poison or vitamin.

Tactile sensations... aside from the finger point sort of touches; sometimes it feels as if there is a latching onto the penis ignoring that sensation I remain flaccid so when standing it is as if it falls out of a mouth or vagina. Also feels like being kissed from time to time or lips sliding across my face. Also like someone uses the couch I am sitting on hour after hour as a step up or down from somewhere.

Perhaps that helps the Meta section of this Cafe... all we can do is speak from our direct experience. I cannot make any distinctions about what this or these are... they know themselves; and well that seems to be enough.

Some of these experiences were very violent at first felt like knives in the ribs and the flea powder etc in coffee... but that seems to have settled down more and more over time... either that or that thing known as tolerance has built some resistance to the phenomena not judging it arising and passing.

The sutta of the Peacock means no matter what poison arises it still thrives making it a bird continually reborn in paradise, due to its grace and nobility. Thats something that gave me inspiration or allowed grace in those trying experiences with these various phenomena... phenomena that I cannot prove nor disprove nor have any desire towards or against proving or disproving. They just are as I just am.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Ey why are you dissing me? Disclosure is a life and death business. That's hardly my fault. I don't make people not being able to stand having their worldview shattered, that's just how it is.
Look at Reverbs weaker people wouldn't get "just" an alcohol problem out of it, they'd become completely disfunctional. Look at yourself, see the Reverbs reaction colored in beer-fan-ism. It's still a drug. Helping to cope. If suddenly thousands at once see BT and greys while awake the outcome is deadly to innocent passengers.
What you say is you want the truth, but don't want it to be public. Wanna be "elite" in knowledge? I don't, I want it for everyone. Afterwards schnapps for everyone if necessary.

And there I was happy to come back online just to find you b1tching.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Oh my BB that might be true, but I was hoping for a detailed recipe I could repeat. Like 3 hours meditation focused on BT, sleeping under the stars three nights in a row and repeating the mantra "show yourself" the entire time.
No?

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I don't have a recipe. It's like catching a wave.. You have to know how to surf. once you catch it you have to stay on the board. But making waves is more like starting a ripple and softly increasing the amplitude without losing the frequency.. like multiple waving mediums that when in harmony, the harmonics increase the power, while keeping the flavor.. misalign the waves and the valleys cancel the peaks and disharmony kills the vibe.. You are one medium, universe or whatever is the other.. they must be in synch.

Like in the same vein I've called drugs "chemical carrier waves."

We don't have the power (amplitude) on our own.. but we have enough to ripple.. the rest is up to getting in the zone..

I don't think it's something you can explain to others..

Look up kundalini meditation..

Or see if you can find a buzz like a sound in your mind when you meditate. If you can focus on it and make it stronger, change it's pitch, and make it much louder.. That will teach you about what I tried to explain above. The experience is the teacher I mean.

And it does seem to be the chakras.. which is a bad word for you I think? But it's the best I can do for now. I know I shot that energy up my spine.. I gave it oxygen, I lit the fuse... i held my focus gently, and that insane energy store did the rest.. Boom!

I even think the universe or whatever has to "like" you for it to be easier to do.

For what it's worth my mantra during most of my more intense experiences was... "I'm a human becoming. Help me to become." You have to FEEL it not just think it. Feeling is like the current... Feeling is your Amp, but you still need to plug in the guitar and play the right song.

I did everything to vibe.. years of it. My full attention.. I pretended to join the army and go to college and all these things for those around me so I could be alone with the universe.

Neuroscientists talk about brainwaves as not thoughts or consciousness or anything like that.. they more are waves that entrain and get individual neurons to fire off in groups. Meditation changes brain waves.. It's like being the conductor of an orchestra, but if you think about it you can't even play one instrument let alone hundreds or billions..

edit on 2-8-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
There may be a recipe for disclosure, which is contained in myths, stories, and religion.

I suspect the individual experience makes any mass action quite difficult. A bit like the white and gold/black and blue dress on a widespread scale.

Perhaps the best we can hope to achieve at this particular point in time and space is provide the picture of that metaphorical dress. And in this context, that might just start with some sort of prismatic weaving at the most primal, basic level of our own being.

In that sense, "disclosure" may be little more than displaying our individual religion through action and expecting many interpretations. Maybe we are the lifeforms we are looking for, the separated parts of our being flailing around like a ghost limb. As if our own shadows are as sentient as what casts them.

Maybe someday, we will catch that tale.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I often think everything I talk about on here is me talking about myself behind my own back..

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I think similarly, though I like framing it across time. So, I'm really just talking to myself anywhen but now.

All those me's... The whole entity (oversoul?) probably looks like a super cool spaceship surrounded by fairies, movement at the edge of vision, and a profound feeling of woo.

And sparklies. Of course.

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Sagan liked to dwell on the point made in the science that we have remnant "star stuff" inside each of us. Buddhism for thousands of years have called this the seed of Bodhi. The one that will eventually awaken to the vibrations of whatever star novaed to plant it in there.

Resonance it can break wine glasses at a distance crumble mountains or like the march/circumambulation in Jericho to topple the tower of babble.

Some things as an individual do not resonate with the being or thing in itself... could be the very same thing that was first cause to have that seed planted there to begin with, to rise out of the dust and echoes to retake form in an incarnation to help topple.

So what needs toppling? Well obviously that self asap so one can actually help fulfill their purpose; in Zen that is called emptying your cup. Emptying it of what? Never mind just listen...

posted on Aug, 2 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
And we're back to kundalini. I think it's because it touches the most positiv strong urge: sexual reproduction.
Without love we don't amplitude well, hm...

Did you know kundalini means "coiled one"? How is it everything meaningful is a spiral? Spiral galaxy, DNA, kundalini, sunflowers,
... question is if there is some message behind this that I don't get? Does one of you understand why that is the form the universe seems to prefer?

edit on 3-8-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I just notice the patterns, I don't understand what lies beneath. I don't think the patterns know they are patterns, like the length of your fingers..

It's one of my woo beliefs that the patterns that make physical reality are there before the big bang.

Now I have to watch silly youtube videos about the universe and math.. Your fault peeps!

6 minutes in and we are on sunflowers lol..

In the matrix neo is the part of the math of reality that messes up the perfect equation... kind of like the number 13, after the perfection of 12..

If I were God I wouldn't code every single potential outcome.. Just be like "Spirals, Fractals and Consciousness b1tch!"and bam it evolves on it's own or something haha..
edit on 3-8-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Fibonacci was on to something. Maybe it's not that mysterious just the only option because it all spins? What's wrong with 13 that isn't wrong with 7?

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Everything wrong with Jesus who's the plus one on top of 12 disciples??

Which is also the ace in playing cards..

If you play without the joker.

edit on 3-8-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Haha we
a lot here. Everything just good old fashioned alchemist's fun. The 13 is only significant because it was the end date of the templars, 10 13 1307.

I don't like alcohol, I like whatever locks on to the canabis family. What stimulates those receptors. Drugs basically. But I'm forbidden to consume. A dark side. Socially. You are free. Legal. That's a huge difference. Thankfully there are timeouts from reality that are still allowed. Because be honest, everybody smokes once in their lifes. I love it, I can live without it, there are so many options to get high.
Even legal. You make it more dangerous for my health, but okay, whatever get me high.

edit on 3-8-2018 by Peeple because: Add

I just imagined that this was what the Templers got from the Assassins: Hashish.

edit on 3-8-2018 by Peeple because: Another add

edit on 3-8-2018 by Peeple because: Another add

new topics

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join