It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 109
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

Sounds fun...I miss a good old fashioned potato salad. haven't had one in a while. I decided I wanted hotdogs and/or a cheeseburger on the 4th of July, but I was feeling lazy so I got a cheeseburger from Hardees. (That was NOT comparable to a traditional backyard grilled cheeseburger).

I wish you the best of luck on your vehicular endeavors. In the back of my mind I'm worried that you are reaching to justify turning down the publishers clearing house thing. but if it really is just a debt trap, then you did the right thing.

I hope that when you consider starting your RV that you remember all the variables of that life style so you wont be blind sided down the road. so to speak.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BEBOG

are you adding percents as if they don't effect each other?

1/3 puts you at 33%, and half of that puts you at 16.5%.. Not 20%

Is the 1/3 part not taxes related? Some fine print?

In general you can expect around 45% for winnings.. 450,000 on a million.

All the rest goes to big daddy.

Buddha trying to get paid if he had a name?

Sounds egocentric.

Or you are bored.

edit on 9-7-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Sounds like "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance."

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Boiled potatoes cubed about 1/2 inch square

Mayo 3 parts mustard 1 part vs. the 3 amount so (3 tbsp mayo means 1 tbsp mustard per volume)

Celery adds a nice touch although seed form is better unless looking for texture.

1 or 2 parts relish; dill or sweet based on personal choice or chop a pickle up

Some like boiled eggs in it

Of course paprika sprinkle is a must to pinch and finish off the top; as a visual garnish.

salt and pepper to taste when mixing together before that though...

I over explained the sweepstakes win thing... total amount gets raped; think of ordering a pizza and ending up with two slices out of twelve when you open the box. Inheritance taxes are be different.

edit on 9-7-2018 by BEBOG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Dang dude I would hate to be around you when your mid life crisis; aka sperm count nosedive comes along.

I am NOT your rival in any way shape or form.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   

lol. you silly.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Your Fourth was better than mine!

On the First of July, I went out. I don't know how I got home. I had everything with me (phone, keys, glasses, etc) except my ID and my debit card. I even had more beer. I don't know what happened (that was the night of my bloody nose too!).

It was ridiculous hot here. I know 80 degrees doesn't sound like hot but we are not built to handle such heat! Almost all houses have no A/C at all! We live in Alaska, who needs it? It is like having a heater in the middle of the desert! Spent a sweltering 2nd of July ripping apart the apartment looking for my cards. I spent the 3rd of July retracing my steps and did not locate my cards. Went back home and cleaned in the sweltering apartment until I gave up. I spent the Fourth, no money, no beer, sweating in my undies on the couch watching people run up a mountain. Fifth of July, called and cancelled my debit card. And had to go back to work. Sixth of July, no money, went home and sat there watching Ancient Aliens and sweating. Seventh of July, went out for a walk just to get out of the sweltering apartment! Finally, on the Eighth of July, the weather changed and we dropped into the 60's. It was the first time in a week that my apartment was under 80 degrees! I slept like a baby! Oh, forgot to mention, can't sleep in the heat. I had to change shirts during the night because they were soaking when I woke up (yuk!).

Monday rolls around. No beer for TEOT in about a week. I get a replacement ID. I get a replacement debit/ATM card (my balance was unchanged all this time. I bet I lost my cards in my apartment, which is now clean! But I can't find them anywhere). I go the liquor store and get a 12 pack of sweet, sweet IPA (plus it was on sale! BONUS!!) I go home, throw it in the fridge, and kick back. I have several but get Trump blocked by some stupid political announcement (most of his cabinet has been fire or forced out, so how is this going to be different?), from my favorite show (Elementary). I wake up today, feeling like myself. I go to take out the garbage, so I grab the really super soured cream from the fridge, and find a can of beer hiding behind it!!

I swear. A whole week of teetotal TEOT 'twas too much! And irony upon irony, I had the silver slippers on the whole time and just had to say, "There's no place like fridge" three times!!

PS - I know there was no woo in the story but the whole thing is a parable of sorts. Maybe the moral of the story is "Don't get drunk and lose your ID/debit cards!", or, "Beware the Fourth of July", or, "Stupid is, as stupid does"!!
edit on 10-7-2018 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: stoopid autocorrect

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Aw, poor Teot...what a disaster. I think the moral of the story is, you can always find a beer if you look hard enough! Wish that was true about my place lol. I have a hard time finding alcohol that does not mess with my stomach.

I can usually sleep okay, but my stupid mattress is too firm and I cant afford to buy a new one. I'm sorry that your plans failed because they were hinging on your debit card that you lost. I don't think I could survive in Alaska... too cold for me.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BEBOG

Dang dude I would hate to be around you when your mid life crisis; aka sperm count nosedive comes along.

I am NOT your rival in any way shape or form.

my rival is me, and you ARE sometimes that shape or form as is everything possibly.

I don't poke to be mean. It just has to be obvious and in your face for the masks to come off. I like for people to see each other in those fleeting moments.

psyche is a bitch... Life is a whore... and don't get me started on yo momma.

None of you know what is going on or what is the point, so I don't know, it's like, why pretend?

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

edit on 10-7-2018 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2018 by Mousygretchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I love hamsters and I love weasels. weasels a funny word to say hehe. weasel weasel.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Looks like a new "Hang in there baby" poster waiting to happen.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I've seen her or someone very very similar in looks at a show... had a whole lot of props to drag in like smoke machines and a space like stage. Vegan if it is the same person...

Saying things like "bitch" and "whore" then saying run to your mother? When "my" mother is part of the earth instead of elderly? Better yank the thread and walk that dog of yours somewhere else.

As that is the only place to poke "your" finger through anything; you mentioned.

As said youth... full or fool of yourself? I don't care. Fool of others? Also not my concern. Insecurity is a fault and a line I do not make when the earth trembles and does it on it's own.

posted on Jul, 11 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

"Hiding" may not be exactly what's happening. I suspect we are embroiled in a timeless (important word choice) conflict. How we are involved exactly is probably a subject deserving its own thread.

I don't think the influences we experience, from something having our backs to something seeming to raise the earth in front of EVERY step we make, are necessarily consciously directed. Which completely changes the context of what might actually be happening.

Similarly to how we don't attempt to get gravity to "show itself," we simply learn how to fly. That's not to say there aren't any sentient forces at play either, just that ascribing everything to this narrative may be building from a shaky foundation. The same experiential result would even ensue when dealing with sentience that is completely removed from the tiny bubble that is human perception and understanding.

Regardless, you seem quite determined in both your path and how you walk it, so ill just wish you the best of luck!

posted on Jul, 12 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

That's funny, kind of exactly the question I was going to ask, are "it" really beings? Because there are many things which would suggest they are. The COMETA report only states "...which seem intelligent..." but coukd it be it's a force appearing that way because it organises something else?

I stopped vorging it, btw, I know by now that's not working, just sometimes I get so frustrated.

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Hey Baby (that's ironically) glad you're still alive (that's not ironically, after that nosebleed)!
Are you copying me, after I "left" my ID and bank card in Rome?

Woo is quiet. But it leaves people more room to open up. A few and far in between but I like it.
What do you guys think in generell beings or force hooking up on the brain? Or AI? Or simulation?
Honest question...

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I get the frustration..

I think the biggest obstacle is our own limitations. Our perception as a species seems so coherent and complete, because that is how our brains work.

But when it comes to exploring what we don't know, in any context or subject, it can be like scraping at a stone wall with our fingernails.

I believe we can slowly expand this through our Cultural Story, but I also have to assume that our biology places a very, very hard limit on things. So, when it comes to understanding processes, intelligences, and even sentience that is different than our own.. man.. that's tough. We can only ever "understand" things by incorporating them into our perception, but in doing so on these things, we might be introducing an insurmountable and fatal flaw right from the start.

I actually go to simulation and AI for some semblance of a theory. The problem is that I feel our understanding of those concepts is so far off base as to be nearly useless.

If forced to explain myself, I believe that we are dealing with fields of intelligence that exist both in and out of the bubble of time and space. Alongside this, we are dealing with sentient beings that are much in the same boat as we are, and our impacts on each other obfuscate exploration because of how alien we are to each other. It could even be as 'silly' as their sneezes creating our "ghosts." In an AI policed simulation, it may simply be translating those sneezes as our ghosts in order to maintain overall coherency in some form of pareidolia that we can't even fathom. Kind of like a temporal Google translate malfunction.

I think the fields (what we explore through electromagnetism) enable processes like sentience by providing a template of intelligence that we stencil in as we grow.

Of course, that starts to imply everything from "who we are" being maintained outside of our bodies and maybe even time, but the filter of our biology blocks us from seeing it just like polarized sunglasses block glare.

I think we might be dealing with a simulation, that is not much like our concept of 'simulation,' that uses intelligent fields (that we might best understand as the concept of nanites), to provide overarcing coherency between vastly different experiential frameworks (and probably much more than that).

posted on Jul, 13 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Ha! We both lost ourselves!

I have flip/flopped back and forth on the simulation concept a few times.

I had a fungal experience and was de-digitized out into the "real world". At the time, it seemed plausible and perfectly acceptable. It even explained away "alien abduction while you are asleep" because you can spontaneously "pop out" and find yourself in a room that is guarded and monitored by what we would call greys.

Then I started reading Neo's threads and said that it just can't be. Which brings me back to the Fermi Paradox. Here is my thoughts on that: the whole entire universe has to have observers according to quantum mechanics; they can be on the other side of the universe looking like we are back at the past which has been going on for a long time! Stars have come and gone. How many baby Jesuses have been born across the universe? How many TEOTs and Reverbs and MousyGs, and Peeps, and Srdges?? Eons ago. Aeons ago. Ions ago. Crossed over into myth. The words carved on stone have turned to sand and here we stand looking up at the heavens and wonder. The answer is easy, we are not alone!

Then I read something about math and computer networking all being found in quantum mechanics and wonder if we are sharing a massive on-line experience. My own experience was that it was the future, and we are aliens who stumbled across a "historic record" of some people that were here before. They went to the stars. They had struggles and conflicts but managed to overcome them. We are mutually sharing those moments while forgetting our "real" lives in some future unknown (which is our past!). That is why the simulation has to be believable! The real you is suppressed so you can experience and feel what these naked monkeymen (and women) went through before becoming unbound from their little planet.

Then it all becomes nested Russian dolls and the madness of recursion which makes me believe that we are on a sphere, in space, living in our own garbage and filth, with no concern except for these little tickets we hand over for bread and beer (and other fun plants or pleasures).

I try not to think about those big things anymore. If we are inside one, what difference would it make?

Love like you never had your heart broken, sing like nobody is listening, dance like nobody is watching! That is the best we can do. Notice how none of things involve those food ticket thingys??

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I think it's more a different dimension than a simulation as in computer based. Maybe they use computer microscop/night vision goggles to see us. Maybe what it means is it's based on a different frequency?
Like what photons are to us are neutrinos to them. Slightly shifted definition of what's zero. That's why they are invisible to us we see light radiation the field and the beings are electron based.
Nice, not?

posted on Jul, 14 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Like I said, not a true believer either way!

As Serdg said, it is unknown and that means we don’t have the language to express it... which has been said here before.

Call them what you will but be consistent so we know what is being discussed!

Sorry I have been... well, not here! Love you, baby! Take time off from the next trek please. I get too worried for your physical safety and makes me go all guy like (and want to be superheroish).

top topics

<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join