It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baddogma's Other Meta Cafe- Polite Discussions About Scientific Mysticism and General Weirdness

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

What do you need an ID for? You still know who you are? Hehe jk

That sucks have you found it?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Why do you, specifically, absolutely need disclosure?

I might be thinking of the word "need" a bit differently, but the disparity between 'need' and 'want' is pretty wide. So, if its something that is desired or wanted, I totally get that. But, when its an actual 'need' I become curious about what drives that need.

There are some US governmental projects that could meet that need, for better or worse. If they can be.. motivated.. by behind the curtain, using the similar realms between you and them, you would probably encounter the means to meet your wish.

The actual event may or may not be true, in and of itself, but I've never been convinced that's particularly important to the Cultural Story.

Of course, such narrative changes to the Story require the utmost delicacy and finesse in order to result in an actual improvement rather than simply a change. Especially since the resultant narrative cascade can't be predicted with much accuracy due to the nature of it.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Your $64,000 question is, how am I going to reach as many people as possible?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

The actual event may or may not be true, in and of itself, but I've never been convinced that's particularly important to the Cultural Story.

Of course, such narrative changes to the Story require the utmost delicacy and finesse in order to result in an actual improvement rather than simply a change.

YES.

sometimes I think that's what some of those "in control" lie for. for the good of the story. That's when Im feeling forgiving.

I don't know what would happen if everyone knew my own life. lived it... I think we'd all be dead except the particularly crazy versions of myself. Those dudes would be jaded psychos lol. The others wouldn't survive the brutal indifference.

Some things are better left to the crazies.

but the story has gotten stale. I know people miss the country games we used to have.. You know nazis.. ak47s are the bad guy weapon.. I used to miss castles and kights even though I wasnt there..

how do you go on a heroes journey these days? by paying your taxes? driving under the speed limit? keeping the mexicans out? its stale. They do need something more which would be funny if the old story about the nazi nasa guy were true.. alien invasion then finally a meteor to bring us together united in cause.

What's the meaning of life? Depends on the story we write.

Ive seen enough personally Im just grateful I have thoughts and feelings senses and emotions. Thank You universe.

edit on 4-7-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Happy 4th of July, everyone.

You guys need to remember to be careful when you're out this year. They say the bugs are carrying more diseases than ever before and that this is one of the worst years for that.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I need it because otherwise I've given my life for nothing. It's not just a hobby where I sift through old documents or reports, it's my life.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Its tricky..

I think that the folks that consciously control narratives are just as trapped in the Story as everyone else. There is no escape

The same means could be used for much, much different ends. But, we've been doing pretty much the same thing since before feudalism. The techniques and technology have certainly advanced, but its a trap to think that we advance/evolve vicariously through our tools.

Narrative changes can have massive, far reaching consequences, and in ways that are immensely difficult to predict. Does that life changing energy production release shackles, or create them? All depends on how we swing that metaphorical hammer.

I believe that the secrecy is a necessity. However, the same strategies that are used to obfuscate and mislead could be used to direct society and culture in a direction where that secrecy wasn't needed.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I need it because otherwise I've given my life for nothing. It's not just a hobby where I sift through old documents or reports, it's my life.

You are free to take this or leave it..

I know what you are talking about. I dedicated half of my life to novel technologies and devices. Things that would very literally change the world. Some of which needed the aforementioned delicacy in order not to create the very thing they were meant to avoid. This pursuit resulted in.. attention from people and organizations I really don't want much to do with.

Anyway, my intent was to change the world. It was my life. In fact, I was sacrificing my life to achieve it, specifically in a way that wouldn't trace back to me. Ideally, this would have resulted in the introduction of what our species is capable of doing, rather than the hero worship that has pervaded the process of innovation and novelty since the harnessing of fire.

At a certain point, it became clear that I couldn't do it. This was for a variety of reasons, but the truth was simple.

What now? What do I do when I can no longer push that Sisyphean boulder. Not "I don't want to," but "I can not?"

Well, in truth, its the same journey as anyone and everyone: we find that purpose in living, life itself, and being alive.

In a sense, its typical, ages old mumbo jumbo. But, there is a power in it that can be achieved through absolutely no other means. We move from placing the importance on what we do, to who we are. Growing and nurturing the roots of the Tree of Life itself rather than where the fleeting leaves cast their shade.

In doing so, we can cast that shade with immensely more reach and more stability. Instead of leaving a temporal echo, the song itself continues to be sung for all time.

It is, of course, all up to you in the end and my own words only point in a vague direction. But, I would be remiss about seeing such a beautiful being making similar mistakes as I did without saying something. Your beauty is not in the shelter of the shade you provide itself, or even the leaves themselves, those are merely a consequence of your being.

I hope that's not too forward, or too offensive, but its my piece to provide in this puzzling, frequently frustrating journey.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Except that I did not choose to dedicate my life to it, it ran over me. It changed everything and made other things I could have wanted to do with my life impossible.
Without knowing what it is, how can I go on? It could happen any second again. I'm not controlling it, obviously it has taken over.
No I need to know what it is. Not to put blame anywhere but to know what's right and wrong again.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
My package is delayed.

The horror! Now I have to be sober during the weekend.

Can you imagine? Oh poor me! The HORROR! Arrgh. I could buy alcohol but that's not really an adequate replacement.
It just makes me throw up and that without seeing fancy things. Why do you like that so much?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I don't think our paths are too dissimilar, honestly. Given the lack of feistiness in your reply.. I can only assume that this is genuinely, deeply bothering you.

Given my ignorance on specifics here, I can only relate through my own experiences.. There are things I chose to dedicate my life, but plenty steamrolled me too.

I mean, no one could ever possibly think that 'this' is where I would want to be. Sure, some were my own choices, but not all. I desperately sought out answers for what happened to me in many realms, but the connections to the other parts of me were severed. It'd be like trying to pick up a cup with a nonexistent arm and I'd been drawn and quartered.

Many things that I loved and looked forward to in life were gone. No more racing, no more bike riding, no more dancing, backpacking, hiking, climbing.. Hell, no more sitting crossed legged! There would also never be being in love, achieving those long held dreams, or even the basic healing process to look forward to.

What brought me the most peace was simply walking away from the search for those particular answers. I reasoned that I didn't have a particularly strong foundation to build upon anyway, and that that foundation wasn't just critical.. it should be laid regardless of anything else going on. In fact, that is exactly the goal. What good is an existential foundation if it can be shaken, cracked, or destroyed by novelty or the lack of the materials that were not there?

It'd probably be most appropriate to say the mission I was on chose me, and I accepted it. I certainly chose my routes to gain the knowledge and understanding I felt I needed, and paid a horrible price for their attainment. I eventually failed in that mission, all the same. In a great irony, what was gained was rendered null by the price to gain it and certainly not in some elegant, balanced fashion. Its a sh!tshow of epic proportions.

But I was still here, and swore I could still catch inklings of the scent of peace wafting through my existence. Something I thought I had quite a good grasp on many times already. Actually, in my hubris, I knew I had a grasp on it (like so many).

So I started working on guitars. Random and completely unrelated to any of it, from the deepest woo to the highest order of conspiracy. Sure, it requires skill, but its simple and straightforward. It allows, and even encourages, the cracks to seal (heal?). It helps create a process that enables a foundation that isn't dependent on answers, knowledge, or understanding.

Make no mistake, I still want them, but it isn't a need. Because, for me, that need was quite literally eating me alive. And, it seemed that hunger simply changed its appetite as it devoured what was delivered.

Its probably even accurate to say I, and others, have been through that process cyclically. Once the momentum really gets rolling.. it is very, very hard to walk away from a Sisyphean task even when we've been through it time and time again in countless circumstances.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   

And I still don't think you get what I'm saying. F.e.I tried to get a dog wrote five different emails to five different people and didn't get an answer. The strings I ordered land in the wrong mailbox. I get pushed and pulled. The simplest things are made impossible. I don't choose. I get allowed, or not.
That's a far stretch from deciding to work on guitars.
I need disclosure because without someone cutting the crap there's really nothing I can do. Nothing makes sense.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Maybe I do, maybe I don't..

I'd say I know about being pushed and pulled though. It was even done so hard that it shattered my spine and hip, and when I woke up, I somehow had some crazy, mysterious bone disorder. I do suspect I was supposed to die then and there. The ER docs even looked right at me and said they had no idea how I was alive and talking with them.

What I'm saying though, is that I found an avenue where those pushes and pulls either couldn't reach, didn't matter, or was "allowed." I have my own ideas why this happens/is happening, and I suspect retribution in the other realms will be fierce.

To put it metaphorically and relate it to you, I couldn't get that dog, so I decided to work on guitars.

I will say that as far as dogs go, sometimes its more important that they find us rather than the other way round.

Have you tried shelters? I do know a thing or two about what they're looking for, since that's one of my prior lines of work..

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

funny how many in this thread are surprised they are alive.

Maybe someone over there has our backs.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

It is isn't it?

I'm absolutely certain someone (something?) has our backs. Really raises a lot of interesting questions and possibilities about existence, conflict, and outright war in realms many don't believe exist at all.

So much going on we don't understand.. and I'm not sure we even can understand any more than a leaf can understand the tree to which it is attached.

Its funny when a doctor shows you your test results, points to a number and says "this means you should be dead, right here and now. I have no idea how you are breathing, or even awake, much less talking lucidly."

I'm mostly happy that's the case, even if it means a life of constant, horrendous, unrelenting pain.

Its worth it, somehow.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Well if something/someone has our backs they do a great job hiding. I'll force them to start showing.

Because my life isn't worth living without the truth. You might be complacent, telling yourself being alive is enough, to me it's not without the truth. Keep on keeping on is not enough. A dog is not the problem.
But they will tell me the truth.
I could fix so many things just need the momentum only the truth can provide. I'm not like you, I won't play. I'm serious when I say it's worth dying for.

edit on 7-7-2018 by Peeple because: Add

I actually can make the announcement it will be over in one week.
Wouldn't that be nice, finally knowing the truth about who knows what, what's going on and why all of this happened as it did? All of it.
Grey and blue aliens accompany us since forever, it's not about ET it's about the nature of consciousness about our true nature, the truth about life, the universe and everything. How the fundamental interconnectedness of all things really works.
One week and this time I'm serious.
I already practiced and ended up in the hospital. This time I won't make the same mistake.
One week.
edit on 8-7-2018 by Peeple because: Another add

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I can relate.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Yeah the thing is; it creates a hungry ghost that gets deposited somewhere out there unless placed specific like the Harry Potter "Horcruxes" which have a Terma which is a "named" time span for life... not a numbered one.

So when someone says your days are numbered? False. Especially if you remake yourself as several of these tuplas into objects and then have an expiration on them or terms and conditions.

Of course those "Not self" are impermanent and subject to suffering... meaning it is a thought clone. Not a real self; which has a limited time or program to do what they are supposed or intended to do.

It is part of Vajrayana or the Diamond vehicle in Buddhism to make Bodhisattvas or simply children much like the Adam being made of clay also known as a Golem why a rib for Eve? DNA. Mitochondrial bacteria to regrow her from him as a child because he got mad cow syndrome of grass is greener on the other side or bored of her; sowing oats well in this day and age few are "high school" sweethearts yet they are as the illusion and delusion fades away as the/those termas expire.

Why knowledge on one side/question on the other and emptiness in the middle.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

I heard fireworks a nice person brought by a hot dog, potato salad, and cheeseburger; as I rarely ever go outside these days... I suppose that is more saving up energy for being outside a lot once my home on wheels project gets moving around.

Upgrading to personal tastes takes awhile; two years for a motorcycle I did and well this being much bigger with family squabbling about I'm typically set on AVOID. On the brightside I've been able to save...

I won a publishers clearing house thing; but didn't bother.... spelled my name wrong lol so much for publishers sponsor to sale excess getting something right; I told them it was wrong before and they STILL got it wrong later and on the winning check blah blah blah business... not to mention the taxes would want 1/3 every month seeing as it would be seen as a winning, then taxes on all that per year... would mean about 1/2 so the winning amount would just really turn into nothing but a huge pain in my ass in the end. The math 1/3 out of 100 is 30% then half out of 1/2 of 100 being 50% means 80% of the "winnings" would go to the state and federal and I would only be left with 20% of the total winning amount leaving me severely indebted for the rest of my life if accepted the "winnings".

So NOPE not going there; as it seems really like a covert way to offer a loan at a very high percentage rate instead of just going down to a bank... so they can come back later and put a heavy lean against any and all property previously purchased.

Happy Belated 4th to you too.

edit on 9-7-2018 by BEBOG because: sp.

posted on Jul, 9 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I drank nearly a whole 3 liter box of Merlot before first time I ever got the spins and when I went and vomited it was like blood all in my friend(s) toilet. 22 I think I was... next time I tried to drink It was a Fosters beer and as soon as my lips touched it started to spew slapped my hand on my mouth and a friend was coming in the door blocking the bathroom and all I could do was projectile it all over his shoes fortunately it was sandals and he was very cool about it; even didn't care if I cleaned them up or not which I insisted on doing anyway.

Not ever really been interested in getting drunk since then; or drinking really for that matter... I used to drive friends around then later realized free rides and rarely given money for gas even when going skating so I was frequently used and lumped in with the cool but bad crowd... hey I learned a lot. So that was the price... of that sort of education; only a couple of friends out of thirty some graduated college that I know of out of them. So statistically speaking party and college does not work so treat college as work.

Yeah the spewing blood out of your nose is typically an altitude problem and as Asian anime would have one believe? The same thing just inverted or is that perverted point of view... depends on age I guess. (I do Find that funny no matter which point of view is taken) I tend to keep my eyes pupil to pupil.

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join