It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenics With Political Power

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The spectacle of Greg Gianforte and his infamous body slamming of a Guardian reporter has got me thinking about language, and the need to represent horrible things with the most accurate and activating of terns.

Watch the following video, and try to imagine the scene, while keeping in mind that the guardian reporters description of the events matches the account of the Fox News reporter who saw it happen, [url=http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/24/greg-gianforte-fox-news-team-witnesses-gop-house-candidate-body-slam-reporter.html].

Do we live in a world of adults, or children? It seems, when thinking about the various elements of the above video, that the operating principles of Human interactions in the world we live in are abusive, and based in intimidation. In general, before Gianforte acts, you can already here in his voice the preparation for a response to attack. The man is tall. His name, Gianforte, implies the combination of opposites "Gian", the Italian for "God is gracious", and "Forte", strength, will, and excellence. Like his name, this man flips from civil politician at one moment, to belligerent psychopath a second later. He think's he's special. If someone "annoys" him - a purely subjective phenomenon, and something a public servant needs to have an intrinsic resilience against - he simply attacks the person. A pure stranger. A stranger whose job it is to question politicians - a perfectly reasonable and sane purpose in a society of laws and rights.

This man, after winning, furthermore, felt the need to express his remorse, and perhaps their might be some real emotion in his voice.

It astonishes me - this is a society of maniacs. Consider the context features here: he speaks this way after winning/4 This is the same sort of # we tend to mock in children when they want to get something from their parents, but here it is being expressed by a man who actually won the vote despite public knowledge of what he did. Is this not the definition of "perverse"? Are the Human beings vulnerable to this propaganda not the de-facto expression of intellectual, emotional and, spiritual degeneracy? Were so used to thinking of ourselves as stupid and backwards, and so used to idolizing, reifying and rigidifying our impressions of the world, that we have lost touch with the wisdom of the East - that all things are dynamic - including your minds, which means your feelings-about-things are ephemeral and epiphenomenal. If you actually understood how you worked on the inside, spiritual hygiene could be carried out the with the same directedness as physical hygiene.

This man and his words, and his embodied experience of emotion, could only be this out-of-control and incoherent by virtue of the stupidest god-damned philosophy ever to emerge amongst Humans, but appears to operate as a compelling narrative in nervous systems that hyper-attract towards states of pride, and therefore hyper-dissociate from states of shame. Gianforte's own personal life-issues are projected - and not caring or worrying about how his life-world pours out into the world of Others, and the shame that should accompany it, he spreads a value-system of aggression and intolerance for "otherness" - for things that are different from the things you need. The very idea of 'need', indeed, the very god-damned fact that you need other Humans - that you dissociate shame because you idolize pride, and therefore love feeling what only an other Human can give you, proves that you depend on this principle for existing, yet here we are, living in a backward world that denies love, hates facts and hates reality.

I cannot think of anything more contemptuous than what lets Greg Gianforte feel so comfortable being such a shameful giant asshole.
edit on 1-6-2017 by Astrocyte because: put video

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Schizophrenics With Political Power

There's a word for that...Politicians. Very, very few "normal" people seek that kind of power over others.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Astrocyte

Doctors, lawyers and politicians all tend towards sociopathy.

Normal people don't have a God complex.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

It is an indication of the degeneration of our society.

"You know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They'd be carried out on a stretcher, folks,"

Humans are animals with ego, never more so then when they convince themselves they aren't.

Our actual real nature ripples out through everything, no matter what kind of novelty it's hidden behind.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

To me it makes no sense for you to relate the problems of Schizophrenics to that of the issues of Politics.

Have you ever seen a Dog Hallucinate?

Schizophrenia is a disorder of the mind that does often results in a person not being able to get a Drivers License because they Hallucinate.

While Politics is about a means to and end.

edit on 1-6-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

The guy has a recycled p.... juice for a heart. Heartless bast... Has 2 personalities. Wonder what his kids think of him, let alone his wife.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Which version of the FOX reporter's changing story are you referring to?

Witness to Gianforte “Body-Slamming” an Aggressive Reporter Changes Her Story
www.independentsentinel.com...
edit on 1-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Yeah the only thing that report presents is that one witness is offering that...

From your link...

​No, so it wasn’t like he grabbed him around the neck, he had one hand on each side of his neck,” Acuna confirmed."

Its called Assault with intent to do harm.

edit on 1-6-2017 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Schizophrenics With Political Power - Hillary. She talks with Eleanor Roosevelt and Mahatma Gandhi. I wonder if they tipped her off about the Russians?

Funny Snopes article

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai

To me it makes no sense for you to relate the problems of Schizophrenics to that of the issues of Politics.

Schizophrenia is a disorder of the mind that does often results in a person not being able to get a Drivers License because they Hallucinate.

how can humans hallucinate without altering their brains with drugs?
do they produce '___' while awake? never really understood how humans hallucinate without substances.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Theirs a link to an interesting article about the different regions of the brain that can cause audio hallucinations I would paraphrase it but it was kinda hard to understand some of it but it does answer your question about how humans can hallucinate without substances.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
"Now, you must remember: the enemy has only images and illusions behind which he hides his true motives. Destroy the image and you will break the enemy."

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I'm not seeing anything in the description of this man or generalized behavior that is schizophrenic.

Certainly narcissistic, possibly sociopathic and maybe even psychopathic, but not schizophrenic.

Most schizophrenics are disordered at their worst and certainly hard to deal with but not malicious or even violent (please note the "most").

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

I'm not seeing anything in the description of this man or generalized behavior that is schizophrenic.

Certainly narcissistic, possibly sociopathic and maybe even psychopathic, but not schizophrenic.

Most schizophrenics are disordered at their worst and certainly hard to deal with but not malicious or even violent (please note the "most").

Yeah. I was gonna say...

I'm certainly not malicious. Nobody knew I was schizophrenic until I was diagnosed. I thought what was going on in my head was normal.

It's like not knowing what perfect vision is until you get the contacts. I didn't know my head was as bad as it is until I took Seroquel and found out what it's like to have a peaceful mind.

My wife was the only person capable of knowing something wasn't right.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight

do they produce '___' while awake? never really understood how humans hallucinate without substances.

One really good example is Acute Stress Disorder otherwise known as PTSD....

en.wikipedia.org...

Hypothetically your a Marine and due to circumstances beyond your control, in wartime, you kill a 5 year old child. Your going to have nightmares because of this unless your a sociopath. So what happens is that those dreams could very well superimpose themselves in your waking life. In the case of Schizophrenics that is happening pretty much all the time.

Essentially ones unconscious and conscious have no barrier that separates a waking state from a dream state under certain conditions.

edit on 2-6-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight

One really good example is Acute Stress Disorder otherwise known as PTSD....

en.wikipedia.org...

Hypothetically your a Marine and due to circumstances beyond your control, in wartime, you kill a 5 year old child. Your going to have nightmares because of this unless your a sociopath. So what happens is that those dreams could very well superimpose themselves in your waking life. In the case of Schizophrenics that is happening pretty much all the time.

Essentially ones unconscious and conscious have no barrier that separates a waking state from a dream state under certain conditions.

That's exactly what is happening to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Why?

I can assure you it is a very important question.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Why?

The stories are too long.

I'm not even sure if the stories are ended.

I wake up 6 times every night drenched in sweat so badly that I have to change clothes and blanket. I spend the entire day trying to stay awake as flashbacks keep haunt me and an independent voice chatters about nothing in particular with an angry tone. I frequently say, "I just want to take a leak, eat, and do something productive. Get off my case, bro."

With Seroquel, I still sweat, but the days are more peaceful, usually. It's a darn miracle.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

What are you concerned about, in so far as how you will deal with problems like your situation in the future?

Do you feel there are limits to your ability to maintain control over yourself no matter what happens?

You know its very possible that in your case that is not true.

What do you really care about?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

What are you concerned about, in so far as how you will deal with problems like your situation in the future?

Do you feel there are limits to your ability to maintain control over yourself no matter what happens?

You know its very possible that in your case that is not true.

I am in complete control. I just have a really f'in noisy co-pilot. I would never blame what I do on my issues except when I wake me wife up to beg her to anchor me to reality. It makes her angry, but even anger anchors me, so I don't care.

The future scares me a little, indeed.

I care about being normal.
edit on 6/2/2017 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join