It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Their Own Worst Enemy...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm not saying he lied his whole way through the campaign. But the part about emptying the swamp was complete bs. My narrative is that they all suck and I wish DC would be annexed by Crimea or some other such country.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

And you'll probably focus on this for the same reason.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

I'm not saying he lied his whole way through the campaign. But the part about emptying the swamp was complete bs. My narrative is that they all suck and I wish DC would be annexed by Crimea or some other such country.

The swamp is the bureaucrats in DC that are all millionaires by legalized insider trading and scamming the system. I'm not sure how he can get them out, but if he even tries, it will be a campaign promise I would love to see come to fruition. His appointing people that were proven at running companies seems like a smart move, but all that remains to be seen. So far, all he seems to be able to do it put out fires started by the left.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

And you'll probably focus on this for the same reason.

sorry, something must be lost in translation, I don't get your meaning.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

For me, the swamp includes the people doing the corrupting as well as those who are corrupted. That includes Goldman Sachs and the CFR, etc..

I do agree that the constant carping from the left makes things more difficult. But it is a tactic they are using and Trump is feeding right into it by responding to every little thing with contradictory statements and tweets from those who he has working for him.

I'm not 100% sure the removal from the Paris agreement is a good thing. I do congratulate him for blowing up the TTP.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Do you honestly think Betsy DeVos was a smart pick? I don't care for most of his picks but that one is ridonkulous.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

He irritates the crap out of me when he validates everyone's criticism with a tweet, but perhaps his ego will evolve in time, perhaps not. But from what he said and what I just learned by reading the Paris agreement, his choice to renegotiate it seems to be a smart move for the US. But if the left ever gives up the witch hunts, we might see if he can do this job, or flop on his ass, but it would sure be nice to see one or the other without interference.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Agreed.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Do you honestly think Betsy DeVos was a smart pick? I don't care for most of his picks but that one is ridonkulous.

I'm afraid I'm not up on all his pics or why he picked them, so I'm not qualified to answer that now. I know he had a few people he trusted feeding him names of people who were qualified in their eyes.

on looking her up, I remember the controversy. I'd say, give her a shot and see what happens. Counting her out before she has a track record in this job seems premature. I'm not a fanboy, I just really was against the other one. And as a person who lives here, I'd prefer Trump to do a good job. If he does a #ty one, it's not good for me. I'm selfish that way.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Fair enough

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This is my favorite part:

And lest liberal readers fear that she was making nice with bigots in the thrall of their notorious neighbor David Duke, she offers reassurances that her tea-partyers “were generally silent about blacks.” (Around her, anyway.)

I love how he can't let go of the possibility that they're still racist, they're just good at hiding it. Completely delusional.

I'm from a liberal county in Pennsylvania. I lived and traveled all over the South when I was in the Air Force. In general, these people that the leftists all assume are closet racists, they really do not care about race. It generally doesn't come up, even when nobody who might tell is around. I saw more bigotry back home in my liberal hometown growing up. The only people I know who are hung up on race are liberals.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Your narrative will depend on the couple of promises he kept.

You've already said you are willing to give him participation trophies so that might widen the scope a bit.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

from where I sit, he has tried to keep all of his promises. I don't know if you are brand new to US politics or politics in general, but what happens, is the politician promises all kinds of things that are exactly what the people he/she is talking to at the time want. Usually, they have no desire to actually do those things, they want free hookers and coke like all the other big boys get. Trump seems to have legitimately tried to do the things he said, even if he didn't realize at the time some were just impossible. So while he is still an egomaniac narcissist, he is closer to fulfilling his promises than most I have seen in my political lifetime. And he still might be an awful president, but at this point, it's hard to tell when all he can do is fight those who oppose him so venomously.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
from where I sit, he has tried to keep all of his promises.

Of course.

I don't know if you are brand new to US politics or politics in general, but what happens, is the politician promises all kinds of things that are exactly what the people he/she is talking to at the time want.

Trump was supposed to be different. At least that is what some people said.

And he still might be an awful president, but at this point, it's hard to tell when all he can do is fight those who oppose him so venomously.

Yeah, sure.

In case it wasn't apparent, I'm basically saying that you are making excuses.

edit on 2-6-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Could you point to a part of his analysis that was wrong or are you just opposed because you're #resisting?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Not really much of an analysis, more like a blanket excuse but:

Trump seems to have legitimately tried to do the things he said, even if he didn't realize at the time some were just impossible.

Trump really didn't know how the US gov works?

I'm not american so I don't have to #resist.

edit on 2-6-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

A bit of constructive criticism- never open a thread with that song again-i nearly left the thread after hearing the second line.

While I acknowledge your long winded diatribe to the left, the right always echoes the left. Every time a side loses an election the loser gets all salty and starts mudslinging and throwing accusations, and believe me this in not exclusive to America; A lot of other nations stoop to Machiavellian levels via slander, spying, and dare I say 'fake news.'

Politics is all rhetoric and hyperbole these days, while I admire Trump for sticking to his guns, It doesn't mean I agree with the effing stupid decisions that he has made.

edit on 3-6-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

A complete mistatement of the majority of the opinions from the Left on immigration. You're just full of straw men aren't you?

Really?

Both Clinton and Sanders said anyone who comes to America can stay.

Clinton said she won't deport any illegal immigrant except those with criminal records, and Sanders agreed.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

“No borders. No nations. # deportations!”

That was the rallying cry of protesters demonstrating at San Francisco International Airport Saturday

dailycaller.com...

Clinton used to be fine with deporting people that came illegally to the United States, no matter what the age. Now, she’s calling deportation “un-American.”

dailycaller.com...

What do you call it when anyone who enters the country can stay?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join