It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unfunny, Unemployed, Attention Wh@re Kathy Griffin USED By Republican Super PAC

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Remember what Ted Nugent said in regards to Obama last year?

No I don't, since Nugent died in 2013 (he promised he would be dead if Obama got reelected in 2012, remember that?), anything claimed to be from him must be fake news.

As far as FREE SPEECH, I'm referring to campuses where the Liberal student body and faculty members PROTESTED and SUCCEEDED in preventing Conservative pundits from giving scheduled speeches.

Nothing to do with free speech. The government is not preventing anyone from speaking. The event organizer invited a speaker, on behalf of the graduating class, which proved to be unappreciated by the graduating class. The Commencement ceremony 'belongs' to the graduating class and they have every right to approve of the commencement speaker. That speaker is not being prevented from speaking anywhere else, just at that event.

Here is an exact simile: suppose you ask your future mother-in-law to organize a celebrant (whether a priest, rabbi, secular, or whatever) for your wedding. Then when she tells you who she invited, you realize that you can't stand that person, and won't have anything to do with them. You are 100% within your rights to say 'not at my wedding, no. Uninvite them and get someone else".

XKCD has a comment with much the same lesson about free speech and what it is, and what it is not.

<< 1  2   >>

join