It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Live: President Trump announces his decision on the Paris Climate Accord

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hey even if is a joke, is not going to be happy campers within those that invested money on the global warming.

Because they were expecting a nice return once the US started to flood the world bank for clima with billions of dollars.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: queenofswords
I liked his statement about The Green Fund. Millions upon millions of dollars sent to this bunch, and nobody can say where the money has gone! Our past presidents have not been very smart. All they cared about was their special interests and lining their pockets with American taxpayer money. Enough.

The strange thing is that nobody even wants to know. This reeks like a slush fund.

The Paris acord is sily we gave a billion dollars all ready. And this agreement isn't even binding to countries so we spent a billion dollars on a promise other countries will reduce emissions. This is climate control?? i call it extortion us taxpayers have 1 billion of a fund trying to raise 3 billion.
edit on 6/1/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: Indigo5

Problem with your mindset is the proposal the US should be heavily dependent on other nations while throwing massive amounts of money overseas.

Problem with your mindset is the proposal that the US is NOT heavily dependent on the CLIMATE and that natural disasters do not cost massive amounts of money right here at home.

Katrina: 81 Billion

Superstorm Sandy: 75 Billion

What we owe over the next 10 years in the Paris Accord? 2 Billion to finance 3rd world countries alternative energy development.

Military experts say climate change poses 'significant risk' to security
www.theguardian.com...

We have just forfeited the future of energy technology to China and Russia..

Obviously Trump wants to rebuild America.

He is destroying our standing in the world at a record pace, much to the delight of Russia and China..

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Yea keep quoting The Guardian, you'll have lots of material as they run their propaganda pieces on an almost daily basis.

Show me a peer reviewed article that states natural disasters will be more frequent and that they can link that to the C02 levels in the atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: veracity

Everyone excited about seeing our emissions increase?

Good thing we can get back in after 4 years, he is such a wasteful president, mirrors the waste he is himself.

Whats the Paris Agreement do that you like it so much?

What about the environment and our Earth do you hate so much that you dont want to protect it?

or, do you believe global warming is a hoax...thats it, stupidity taking over our country

Just as I thought, ask you what the Paris Agreement would actually do and you have nothing but defend and deflect.

Yea, I hate the earth so much... Keep saying that if it makes you feel better.

I dont think you hate the earth

I just think you are ignorant of what is happening to the earth

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Good thing we can get back in after 4 years, he is such a wasteful president, mirrors the waste he is himself.

What about the environment and our Earth do you hate so much that you dont want to protect it?

or, do you believe global warming is a hoax...thats it, stupidity taking over our country

Just as I thought, ask you what the Paris Agreement would actually do and you have nothing but defend and deflect.

Lets debate then, you present the talking point.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Problem with your mindset is the proposal the US should be heavily dependent on other nations while throwing massive amounts of money overseas.

Problem with your mindset is the proposal that the US is NOT heavily dependent on the CLIMATE and that natural disasters do not cost massive amounts of money right here at home.

Katrina: 81 Billion

Superstorm Sandy: 75 Billion

What we owe over the next 10 years in the Paris Accord? 2 Billion to finance 3rd world countries alternative energy development.

Military experts say climate change poses 'significant risk' to security
www.theguardian.com...

We have just forfeited the future of energy technology to China and Russia..

Obviously Trump wants to rebuild America.

He is destroying our standing in the world at a record pace, much to the delight of Russia and China..

Facts are only going to drive them deeper into the rabbit hole of insanity. Next we will hear about how it is the evil leftists that are causing all of the land slides and tornadoes that are killing millions and destroying the land.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I dont, i mean I CANT debate with cardboard

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This reminds me of an old lady that lived near me when I was growing up.

She would walk every week to the country store to play the slot machine, before they were placed in coffins.

She would walk home proudly declaring that she had won five dollars. It never seemed to register to her that she had put twenty dollars in the machine.

That is not winning. What do you hope to win when you are playing with a stacked deck?
edit on 1-6-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Whoops. Posted too early.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Look - here is a fact you lefties don't seem to grasp. So called climate deniers aren't denying the climate changes, they aren't denying humans are causing some warming.

What they are denying is that

A. Any climate model predicting the future is correct - history shows they have been nearly 100% incorrect. There are way two many variables and anyone telling you they know the future is a liar, the last 20 years especially should tell you how wrong the alarmists actually are.

B. Is the cost of mandating the CO2 reductions worth it? Technology is already progressing rapidly and everything is already getting much cleaner without a government mandate. Taxing the crap out of businesses for something that is going to happen anyway, just slightly slower is a scam. Al Gore and his ilk just want to take more money from citizens by claiming the problem is dire and get rich off the false fear they create. There are all kinds of tech - electric cars, solar panels, co2 Air cleaning that are already progressing rapidly, and are quickly becoming economically superior. The free market always beats government mandates.

C. That the US should somehow be held to be the main funder of emissions reductions. Why - we are already policeman of the world, we simply should not be made to pay for the majority of this when we are not the biggest polluter.

I would argue us pulling out of this accord will actually likely reduce CO2 emissions. Why - because more manufacturing will stay in the US which already has higher environmental standards then China or India.
edit on 1-6-2017 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I'm sick of people like you.
You don't know #, and thats why you won't engage in honest debate.
Alls you know has been spoon fed to you by the main stream media.
Go ruin someone else's country.

edit on 1-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

None of that explains why the Paris Agreement is needed, what it accomplishes or where the money goes.

You also present the asinine assumption that opting out of the Paris Agreement means we won't be doing anything for the environment going forward.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump getting ready to announce his "decision" on the Paris Climate Accord.

Many nations are signing on to this, but Trump has been indicating his displeasure in the name of "U.S. Economic Interests".

SYRIA and NICARUAGUA ...Those are the only two nations who haven't signed on...

Trump is taking the USA down the tubes...and FAST...

This might be a legitimate point except for one huge problem - All countries are not remotely treated the same in this agreement.

Why is it wrong to ask for fair treatment?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
VANN JONES was in charge of President Obama's "Green Initiative"? No wonder he's so angry! SOB can't even detail what he accomplished in that role.

What will the 2020 Dem candidate say? "I will put us back in the Paris agreement. We'll lose jobs, but it's for the GREATER GOOD!"

He sounded like a fool. That awful passive aggressive style. Hearing one thing and creating a weird straw man argument about doomsday.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

Look - here is a fact you lefties don't seem to grasp. So called climate deniers aren't denying the climate changes, they aren't denying humans are causing some warming.

A. Any climate model predicting the future is correct - history shows they have been nearly 100% incorrect. There are way two many variables and anyone telling you they know the future is a liar, the last 20 years especially should tell you how wrong the alarmists actually are.

B. Is the cost of mandating the CO2 reductions is worth it? Technology is already progressing rapidly and everything is already getting much cleaner without a government mandate. Taxing the crap out of businesses for something that is going to happen anyway, just slightly slower is a scam. Al Gore and his ilk just want to take more money from citizens by claiming the problem is dire and get rich off the false fear they create. There are all kinds of tech - electric cars, solar panels, co2 Air cleaning that are already progressing rapidly, and are quickly becoming economically superior. The free market always beats government mandates.

C. That the US should somehow be held to be the main funder of emissions reductions. Why - we are already policeman of the world, we simply should not be made to pay for the majority of this when we are not the biggest polluter.

I would argue us pulling out of this accord will actually likely reduce CO2 emissions. Why - because more manufacturing will stay in the US which already has higher environmental standards then China or India.

A. who said anything about predicting the future? That is not what climate scientist try to do. There is so much more to it than just "predicting what will happen"

B. Yes, it IS worth it. CO2 is related to more than you or I know

C. main funder? Even if we are the main funder, it would be nice to be the leader to a cleaner, healthier world. Why did he have to pull out all together, why not just lessen the funding? Bc he does not believe in climate change and he is a jerk.

about pulling out reducing CO2 emissions...im sorry, but that makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I'm sick of people like you.
You don't know #, and thats why you won't engage in honest debate.
Alls you know has been spoon fed to you by the main stream media.
Go ruin someone else's country.

im sorry that you have run into more than one person "like me". It must just be that you have that effect on people. Smart people tend to not want to converse with know-it-all idiots.
edit on 1-6-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

None of that explains why the Paris Agreement is needed, what it accomplishes or where the money goes.

You also present the asinine assumption that opting out of the Paris Agreement means we won't be doing anything for the environment going forward.

Exactly.

What was communicated today:
America is not treated fairly and is being taken advantage of (read communists playing with global economics).
The Paris Accord actually does very little for the environment.
The reduction of CO2 is still on the agenda, but not when it drains US wealth and redistributes it, for almost no environmental gain.

Predictably, the usual spin merchants are creating a binary discussion about the world ending or not. It's quite funny watching the exploding heads who simply cant reason with any logic.
edit on 1/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Smart people tend to not want to converse with know-it-all idiots.

More like climate change alarmists will not engage in honest debate, but whatever.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

B. Is the cost of mandating the CO2 reductions is worth it? Technology is already progressing rapidly and everything is already getting much cleaner without a government mandate. Taxing the crap out of businesses for something that is going to happen anyway, just slightly slower is a scam. Al Gore and his ilk just want to take more money from citizens by claiming the problem is dire and get rich off the false fear they create. There are all kinds of tech - electric cars, solar panels, co2 Air cleaning that are already progressing rapidly, and are quickly becoming economically superior. The free market always beats government mandates.

A. who said anything about predicting the future? That is not what climate scientist try to do. There is so much more to it than just "predicting what will happen"

B. Yes, it IS worth it. CO2 is related to more than you or I know

C. main funder? Even if we are the main funder, it would be nice to be the leader to a cleaner, healthier world. Why did he have to pull out all together, why not just lessen the funding? Bc he does not believe in climate change and he is a jerk.

about pulling out reducing CO2 emissions...im sorry, but that makes no sense.

A. Ultimately the argument comes down to the correlation between CO2 and climate change and more specifically the effect human activity has on that equation. It's all prediction based on the best knowledge we have, and those predictions have not been very good to date.

B. Odd statement. How do you know that CO2 is related to more than we know, if you are stating you don't know?

C. There is no pulling out of the effort to reduce CO2, only the Paris Accord, which had a minimal effect anyway. also the funding side of things is minor. It is more about competition and the unfair nature of the agreement, putting restrictions on American industry and not on competitors.

Yes, there is some sense to CO2 reductions being more likely now. The logic is simple. US technology to produce clean energy vs countries that have no restriction for over 10 years and will simply not implement anything that reduces profit - i.e. investing in cleaner production until they absolutely have to. Now a higher percentage of coal production/utilisation (for example) will come from the US as opposed to China or India compared to life under the agreement.
edit on 1/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yea keep quoting The Guardian, you'll have lots of material as they run their propaganda pieces on an almost daily basis.

Show me a peer reviewed article that states natural disasters will be more frequent and that they can link that to the C02 levels in the atmosphere.

..or more importantly a study on how the Paris Accord reduces natural disasters.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join