It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Live: President Trump announces his decision on the Paris Climate Accord

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Just watched some highlight of Trumps announcement today. It was neat how he had his hair brushed forward about 4 inches, to provide shade, so he could read the script better.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Just watched some highlight of Trumps announcement today. It was neat how he had his hair brushed forward about 4 inches, to provide shade, so he could read the script better.

Trump: carewemust, you now got a job working for me

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Perfect Timing .....

Mas sive Crack in Antarctic Ice Shelf Grows 11 Miles in 6 Days, Potentially Creating World’s Largest Iceberg

Time to start making your final arrangements !!!

my final arrangements were made before i was born

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: D8Tee
Why is it a good deal? Please explain in your own words.

It brings in China and India, something the US has been trying (and failing) to do for two decades. Getting those two developing nations into an actual framework for CO2 emissions is huge.

It doesn't matter what regulations we enforce on ourselves in the US. It's a global issue, and when 1/3 of the worlds population, contained in just two countries simply won't deal with you, then it renders any home grown attempts to fix the climate null and void.

You man, have got common sense. Thank you very much for posting your enlighten thoughts.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump getting ready to announce his "decision" on the Paris Climate Accord.

Many nations are signing on to this, but Trump has been indicating his displeasure in the name of "U.S. Economic Interests".

SYRIA and NICARUAGUA ...Those are the only two nations who haven't signed on...

Trump is taking the USA down the tubes...and FAST...

This might be a legitimate point except for one huge problem - All countries are not remotely treated the same in this agreement.

Why is it wrong to ask for fair treatment?

How?

The US pledged 3 Billion...China upped the ante and pledged 3.1 Billion..

All Denier BS aside...We are ceding a critical mass of technology and trade to China...they are over the moon here....
When did China pledge this 3 billion? I see no evidence of this and I've been following it rather closely, if I missed it please show me where.
Pledges as of May

Google 3.1 Billion China Green Climate Fund..

Then choose from among any source you like...It is plain reality news..they pledged it in 2015..

Obviously you have NOT been following it closely.
edit on 1-6-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
In honor of Trump s__t-canning this loony unratified "treaty", I spent about an hour on my CR450 tearing up one of my corn fields this afternoon.

Leftists whining about this act of sanity are basically saying that they agree with the cornerstone of the Paris Climate Scam -- the worst polluter in the world, China, is exempt for 20 years while already very green-friendly America gets to lose millions of jobs and trillions of dollars.

Maybe that's why they keep losing?

Look at it from China's point of view. The US and Europe were able to take advantage of cheap and plentiful coal supplies to power an industrial revolution and modernize their countries. Why should China be forced to pay a higher price on clean power in order to do the same thing. They want the same cheap power we had. Only getting it for 20 years rather than the 100 we had it for, is already a significant shortening of the time table.

That's a fair deal, and a good one for us. They spend 20 years on old technology, while we get to modernize again, and perfect new technology, then we get to sell that tech to them, in order for them to clean up.

First, I couldn't care less about China. This is the United States. I want what's best for this country and its citizens.

Second, the 20-year tech gap is meaningless, because tech is going to exponentially improve over that time. Your argument presupposes that tech will remain static and that China will magically "catch up" to the most technologically advanced nation in Human history.

That defies logic, reality, and science.

And none of it would make one bit of difference anyway. We could shut down ALL HUMAN ACTIVITY tomorrow, and the climate would still change in cycles just like it always has.

The earth has experienced far more dramatic and even catastrophic climate cycles than the one were in now -- all of those long before the dawn of man. What caused them?

Unless we can stick a thermostat on the sun, trying to moderate the natural climate cycle is like pissing up a rope and a total waste of time.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
Not only are humans selfish...they are stupid. "Lefties" dont just think with their emotions...they use facts as well. If righties used more emotion and facts...they would be more legitimate...HEY, they would be more like Lefties

You use alot of opinion in your post as if they are factual...that is really annoying to me and says alot about the poster. Try to stick to facts and admit when you are giving an opinion.

Well not sure why you are saying I am quoting opinions as fact. If I am quoting something as a fact that is incorrect, please correct me. Yes many humans are stupid I agree, and that is a problem.

Emotions don't solve problems they cause them. Things must be analyzed with facts. Emotions are why democrats want to give everyone free college, Social security, welfare, disability, solve global warming and free healthcare with absolutely no way to pay for it. If you want us to become a 3rd world nation keep pushing that, and you will succeed.

I actually am very familiar with our economy, the budget and the feasibility of actually paying for stuff. If you had any idea how bad of shape this country is in, you would be saving every penny and getting storable food for the coming depression.

Trump is trying to pull us out of it, but to be honest I think we are too far gone, especially with congress and special interests actively working against his tax plan etc.

Quite honestly the new healthcare bill sucks, it is only slightly better than obama care, because it does nothing to reduce costs, and medical costs are what will destroy us within a decade.

To sum up, we have a lot bigger problems than global warming (in my opinion)

edit on 1-6-2017 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Look, as far as the Paris Accord - it will do next to nothing. If you are truly concerned about global warming you should be pissed this thing is going to be passed, because it is a joke. How you are angry at the US pulling out, but not angry that India and China practically get a free pass is beyond me.

We are. What exactly do you think is one of the long term goals of space exploration? It's to gain the technology to prevent those types of asteroids from hitting us.

No, that might be a side effect of being more prepared, but the motivation has nothing to do with stopping asteroids, nor are we remotely prepared to stop one.

Ending world hunger is easy, we have plenty of food and plenty of money to do so. That's more of a political problem in that distribution of resources falls under dictators who aren't always going to distribute whatever you give them in an equitable fashion.

It's easy huh. We are 20 trillion in debt, still running a deficit of 500 billion a year, interest rates are artificially low - but if they just go back to historical norms we will be running 1.5 Trillion dollar deficit. Combine this with medical costs going up 10% that compound annually - which is already 30% of our budget. To put it simply no - we are VERY VERY broke. If Bernie got elected we would have been Venezuela within 5 years.

This is what really pisses me off - people seem to think we can borrow forever with no consequences - that is complete BS. It is only a matter of time before the price must be paid. Most likely a depression is coming, Trump is trying but with everyone against him and with the size of hole we are in, I doubt he will succeed unfortunately.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

It's easy huh. We are 20 trillion in debt, still running a deficit of 500 billion a year, interest rates are artificially low - but if they just go back to historical norms we will be running 1.5 Trillion dollar deficit. Combine this with medical costs going up 10% that compound annually - which is already 30% of our budget. To put it simply no - we are VERY VERY broke. If Bernie got elected we would have been Venezuela within 5 years.

This is what really pisses me off - people seem to think we can borrow forever with no consequences - that is complete BS. It is only a matter of time before the price must be paid. Most likely a depression is coming, Trump is trying but with everyone against him and with the size of hole we are in, I doubt he will succeed unfortunately.

Revenue is easy, tax more.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Revenue is easy, tax more.

You do not have the slightest understanding of economics. Every dollar you increase taxes by you take money out of the economy, tax at a high enough rate and you will take in less money despite a higher rate. You will drive companies out of the country to lower tax rates elsewhere, you will get companies shutting down because the effort to run their business is not worth the benefit they receive from it.

You know what - all you global warming alarmists are so scared - start a charity to fund China and India in the Paris accord. I'm sure they would be happy to take your money.

No one is stopping you - you think it is so important, organize and send your money to China for 13 years while they do nothing to reduce emissions till 2030. I know you won't do that, it's easy to say take somebody else's money even if it is a total waste to virtue signal, but a lot harder when you have to pull it out of your own pocket and examine why I am paying someone for 13 years to do NOTHING.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
hahah Too much winning I can't take it. Watch libtards, globalists, and NWO types self destruct.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
hahah Too much winning I can't take it. Watch libtards, globalists, and NWO types self destruct.

except that libtards are NOT self-destructing...they are using facts to help the idiocracy to understand why don is being very foolish

If you want to see people self-destruct...take a peek in the "Kathy Griffen beheads Trump" thread.
edit on 2-6-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

In honor of Trump s__t-canning this loony unratified "treaty", I spent about an hour on my CR450 tearing up one of my corn fields this afternoon.

Leftists whining about this act of sanity are basically saying that they agree with the cornerstone of the Paris Climate Scam -- the worst polluter in the world, China, is exempt for 20 years while already very green-friendly America gets to lose millions of jobs and trillions of dollars.

Maybe that's why they keep losing?

Look at it from China's point of view. The US and Europe were able to take advantage of cheap and plentiful coal supplies to power an industrial revolution and modernize their countries. Why should China be forced to pay a higher price on clean power in order to do the same thing. They want the same cheap power we had. Only getting it for 20 years rather than the 100 we had it for, is already a significant shortening of the time table.

That's a fair deal, and a good one for us. They spend 20 years on old technology, while we get to modernize again, and perfect new technology, then we get to sell that tech to them, in order for them to clean up.

First, I couldn't care less about China. This is the United States. I want what's best for this country and its citizens.

And trump just ceded the future of energy technology to China.

China will own that global future and trade...US investment in that inevitable future will evaporate.
Climate debates aside, from a pure economics perspective, Trump is severely damaging this country..

Syria, North Korea, Nicaragua...Now the USA....What an absolute cluster eff of a POTUS we have..

Putin and China are elated. Have you seen them on TV..they can't wipe the grins off their faces..They are filling the leadership void and massive international trade deals are coming their way.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

hopefully 4 years of destruction will just be a dent in the grand scheme of things. I hope that the pendulum will swing so far left after 4 years that we have renewable energy at our fingertips, everyone owns a hybrid car and less petroleum is used...also universal health care.

Maybe we needed a sore toad loser for 4 years to get us in gear for the future.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Not only are humans selfish...they are stupid. "Lefties" dont just think with their emotions...they use facts as well. If righties used more emotion and facts...they would be more legitimate...HEY, they would be more like Lefties

You use alot of opinion in your post as if they are factual...that is really annoying to me and says alot about the poster. Try to stick to facts and admit when you are giving an opinion.

Emotions are why democrats want to give everyone free college, Social security, welfare, disability, solve global warming and free healthcare with absolutely no way to pay for it. If you want us to become a 3rd world nation keep pushing that, and you will succeed.

Odd..because the fact is, the most successful countries on the planet provide their citizenry exactly that.

Education, healthcare and a safety net afford every citizen to economically contribute to the Nations GDP at near full potential. And when the get sick they are able to recover and return to work without being bankrupted with medical bills.

It has a very real economic benefit to nations bottom line at home and their competitiveness globally.

That is just an economic fact..

It is the ideological/emotional argument that people shouldn't get education and healthcare here in the states that hobbles us economically.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Emotions are why democrats want to give everyone free college, Social security, welfare, disability, solve global warming and free healthcare with absolutely no way to pay for it. If you want us to become a 3rd world nation keep pushing that, and you will succeed.

Odd..because the fact is, the most successful countries on the planet provide their citizenry exactly that.

Education, healthcare and a safety net afford every citizen to economically contribute to the Nations GDP at near full potential. And when the get sick they are able to recover and return to work without being bankrupted with medical bills.

It has a very real economic benefit to nations bottom line at home and their competitiveness globally.

It is the ideological/emotional argument that people shouldn't get education and healthcare here in the states that hobbles us economically.

Really? Because a lot of the countries you're talking about are below us on this list A few are higher, but a bunch are below too. If that was the model for success shouldn't they all be higher than us? Sounds like it's more complicated than you think.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

hopefully 4 years of destruction will just be a dent in the grand scheme of things. I hope that the pendulum will swing so far left after 4 years that we have renewable energy at our fingertips, everyone owns a hybrid car and less petroleum is used...also universal health care.

Maybe we needed a sore toad loser for 4 years to get us in gear for the future.

Hopefully...

Renewable energy is not a left or right thing...it is economics and terrorism and security.

OIL is what makes the middle east a mess and our dependence on it (which trump has doubled down on) makes the Middle east a US battleground with resultant terrorism directed at us.

Lord...We need to moving in the opposite direction, untethered from that mess...Better for the Middle east and the world..let them figure out what to do when they don't get paid Gazillions every day for the ground beneath their feet.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Really? Because a lot of the countries you're talking about are below us on this list

Thanks for pointing out that Canada, Sweden and Denmark are all kicking our ass despite expansive safety nets, free healthcare and education etc.

as far as other factors...yes..how long they have had benefits in place matters as does natural resources etc.

I can do this all day long..

The Best Way to Boost GDP: Education
www.usnews.com...
The paper, published in Education Economics last month, argues that education might actually be the biggest single driver of economic development.

U.S. Spends More on Health Care Than Other High-Income Nations But Has Lower Life Expectancy, Worse Health
www.commonwealthfund.org...

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Thanks for completely ignoring the fact that other nations with expensive safety nets rank below us, negating your point that such safety nets allow people to be more productive. That obviously isn't always the case, based on the info I linked to. There are other factors involved, socialism isn't the answer. Sorry you don't like the data and are trying to spin it but it's pretty clear. I'll take actual data based on what's actually happening in the real world over a paper.
edit on 2 6 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Human Capitol..

Other countries recognize that free education dramatically reduces wasted talent in their population.

How many geniuses in the US have been stunted or derailed by not being able to afford college, or having to care for sick parents or otherwise provide for their families basic needs. In a country where college is paid for..it sources the full talent pool...if we miss elevating just one Einstein, it is costing the US Billions..Every child deserves a clear path to show what they have got. Economics consistently bears that thinking out.

Five Policies To Boost US GDP Growth And Create Jobs

Free, Public College Education: $70 billion

The United States is spending about $800 billion on defense annually, including at least $70 billion for the Afghanistan War/war on terror. If it spent $70 billion to give each college-bound student in the U.S. a free college education at a public college/university, it would provide long-term stimulus to the economy.

The reason? A whole new segment of the future workforce would add new skills and obtain the training necessary for the U.S. economy of the globalization era. The grant would also pay for a free public community college education. In addition, older Americans who lost their job and need to retrain would also receive a partial tuition credit.

www.ibtimes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join