It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Live: President Trump announces his decision on the Paris Climate Accord

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Trump getting ready to announce his "decision" on the Paris Climate Accord.

Many nations are signing on to this, but Trump has been indicating his displeasure in the name of "U.S. Economic Interests".

So, will he bow down ?

Or will he flat-out say "NO" ?

Or, will he agree to send it to the U.S. Senate for "approval" ?

Watch Live here, or on TV - Radio

Big news happening in a few minutes !!

Scheduled for Jun 1, 2017
WASHINGTON — Building suspense about America’s role in the world, President Donald Trump planned to announce Thursday whether the U.S. would stay in a global climate pact. The White House signaled a withdrawal was likely, but Trump has been known to change his mind at the last minute on such major decisions.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This could totally go either way.

On the one hand, Trump and people in his cabinet are not subscribing to the belief that Climate Change is real or is an imminent threat to mankind.

On the other hand, not participating would impact the US relations with all of the other nations that are jumping on the bandwagon. Will be following this to find out

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Trump getting ready to announce his "decision" on the Paris Climate Accord.

We know his decision , the US will withdraw from the Paris deal.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
He doesn't have to get US out of the treaty, but he can make sure that Obama 3 billion pledge of tax dollars is reduce to less than a 1 million.

The only reason all those countries involved are in the bandwagon of global warming is because as usual Americas tax payers always ends up paying the most.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

as a guy who has no say in this, punting it to the Senate seems like the most "face saving" option available. This is the kind of decision that would be better made by a group rather than an individual. but then, that's just my uninformed opinion.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
"News" stations convinced it will be a "withdrawal" !!

Criticisms already gearing up.

MSM will go crazy.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Shepherd Smith said it is a done deal, we are out.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

as a guy who has no say in this, punting it to the Senate seems like the most "face saving" option available. This is the kind of decision that would be better made by a group rather than an individual. but then, that's just my uninformed opinion.

I fully agree with you..... as a woman who has no say in this either.

-Alee

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Rent-a-riots are expected.

One thing I can note is the Climate Bolsheviks will know if the whole UN Framework is being exited vs. the phony reversible Paris only exit. They’re evil but they get the politics that bulk skeptics even ones here who think they are informed ignore. There wasn’t a serious effort to lobby for the hard and true UN Framework exit. Less Dr. Lindzen and a handful of others.

Evil wins because they’re good at it.
edit on 1-6-2017 by D8Tee because: put it back cuz it got quoted

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Looks like the press conference will be outside !

It's a clear nice day out too.

"See, there's no climate problem today"

link   
I see no reason we should be funding these efforts in any countries but our own. As an American taxpayer, I'd prefer not to send billions anywhere but here.

link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
Rent-a-riots are expected.

One thing I can note is the Climate Bolsheviks will know if the whole UN Framework is being exited vs. the phony reversible Paris only exit. They’re evil but they get the politics that bulk skeptics even ones here who think they are informed ignore. There wasn’t a serious effort to lobby for the hard and true UN Framework exit. Less Dr. Lindzen and a handful of others.

Evil wins because they’re good at it.

Big Carbon Footprints too !!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

My feeling exactly. This treaty has never been ratified by the Senate. Trump could send it to them for ratification -- something that wold never happen. I'm quite sure even some Democrats would vote against it.

I still don't understand how Paris and the Iran treaties are enforceable without Senate ratification. The Constitution couldn't be more clear on that...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Shepherd Smith said it is a done deal, we are out.

Looks like Trump caught and punished the "leakers" in the WhiteHouse. His decision was held until 10 minutes before the announcement.

(Although I've been posting to an ATS thread describing how Trump actually removed us back in Jan 2017, when he refused to sign on to the Paris accords)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This will not end in any of our lifetimes unless we kill it at the source which is the UN. It’s their raison d’etre to gain world control. They will continue bleeding the rest of the world using CAGW waiting for a compliant US administration to accept their ideology. The attacks against the US will be nasty with their own MSM leading the charge if Trump cancels. I

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
"News" stations convinced it will be a "withdrawal" !!

Criticisms already gearing up.

MSM will go crazy.

That is why I have my TV now set to CNN. The madder and crazier they get, the HAPPIER I will get!

Why are they playing this as Obama's 2nd biggest achievement, after ObamaScare? These are lots of countries. It wasn't Obama's idea was it?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

That is the thing the so call climate fund is nothing but a waste of tax American dollars as our nation is the one footing the bill, but is ok Because Obama pledged a $30 million U.S. contribution alone, risky insurance for other countries meanwhile people in the US are still waiting for disaster funds from last year tornadoes.

What that tells you.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Shepard Smith seems to be a NWO mouthpiece !!

He's pointing out the "good".

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You're telling me. I live in the area hit by two tornadoes back in January. FEMA dragging *** in a very low income neighborhood. We, as a community, are just doing it ourselves.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

He will agree to stay in. Russia signed it just the other day! I think he'll agree too.

ETA: He hasn't made the announcement yet, but the White House is saying that he will "pull out". Crazy!
edit on 1-6-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join