It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire Bats Are Terrorizing Brazilians As They Sleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Vampire bats are the stuff of nightmares in northeast Brazil, where locals are waking up to blood-soaked sheets and bite marks on their toes, heels and elbows.

Vampire Bats Are Terrorizing Brazilians As They Sleep

A nightmarish story for sure.....and I thought mosquitoes were a pain in the arz here in upstate New York. No more complaints from me!

Souza waited three weeks before seeking medical care — and by then it was already too late for doctors to administer a lifesaving vaccine. His death is the first recorded case of human rabies transmitted by a bat in Brazil in the past 13 years.

At least 40 others are being treated for the disease, health officials said. Within days of the fatality, residents living 400 miles away in Salvador reported a flurry of vampire bat attacks.

“I never felt any pain at all on both the nights I was bitten. But in my dreams, I did feel as if something had hooked itself onto my toe,” he said. “When I woke up in the morning, I found the bed was wet. It had been raining overnight and I thought water had dripped in. But it was my blood. It was such a shock,” He said.

“We have detected shifts in bat behavior and a worrying increase in the population in the area. We believe this is due to deforestation and the destruction of caves, which forces the bats to migrate to the cities,” he said.

YIKES!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Bats Are Terrorizing

How do they know for sure they were bats... Did they drop there passports..?..

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Need some chicken wire on everyone's windows, or a bounty of Vampire Bats.

Not very glamorous these vampires!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
My first fear before opening the thread was a rabies incident.

That's certainly unsettling. I messaged one of my girl-friends who lives in Brazil and asked her to promise me if she is bitten by one that she will go get the rabies vaccine right away, even if it's scary or painful.

YIKES!

-Alee

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Not new, been going on for decades.....

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yea maby some population control ... I'm willing to bet the bats where there first tho ... id be moving ... wouldn't matter how where to ... the day bats get in my house drink my blood and give me rabies is the day I move to some place really cold

Also rabies is a really messed up way to die
if I remember right one person survived without getting the vaccine in time was in the hospital for months and barely made it

Without the vaccine the mortality rate is almost 100 percent ... if read of just the one

top topics

join