It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Self Loathing + Trump's Narcissism = Liberal Screeching

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
There are currently few profoundly observable sociopolitical trends at the top of the pile these days more apparent than Liberal Self Loathing, Trump's Narcissism and Liberal Screeching. Might there be a connection between the three?

It goes without saying that todays generation is the most narcissistic in human history, especially here in the US (although its apparently a global phenomena). In youth its spawned these hordes of "snowflakes" to such a degree they have to place "trigger warning" stickers on library books to warm themselves about how they'll be offended, while this effect is also clear and present even in adults. Likewise, it's well understood these types tend to flock to the liberal mass culture of the "SJW" variety.

Part of their whole deal is best explained as "Liberal Self Loathing". How else could it be explained that the majority of these "SJW" types (that is the majority of them are white) whom are openly racist against their own kind?

Then comes along "The Donald", whom the liberals are even more obsessed with than Barack Obama. This is an odd trend where he's like the all-time king of narcissism, and they're the all time narcissistic generation, while any and all mention of anything to do with Trump sends these self loathing type liberals autistically screeching.

Clearly, there are subconscious forces at play with all of this, where to me it seems that Liberal Self Loathing + Trump's Narcisccism = Liberal Screeching.

edit on 1-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Here one can be observed effectively throwing feces like a chimpanzee at a zoo:

It would seem that the effect is so deep seated in this subject that a full devolutionary reversion to primate instincts occurred upon mere sight of a Trump sign. Not even being on camera prevented the outcome.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Isn't it obvious that they secretly hate themselves?

They are everything they claim to hate.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Your "liberal self loathing" nonsense is just a new spin on the "white guilt" identity politics meme that's been around for generations. Also, when people start with "it goes without saying," 9 times out of 10, what they really mean is "here's my unqualified opinion that I'm about to premise my argument on."

I propose a simpler, alternative theory. Let's call it Wingnut Blathering. It's when people are desperate to have something negative to say about people who don't agree with their political views so they reach into the furthest regions of their colons and yank out a bunch of BS.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Ah, yes.

And lets not forget Orwell's (1984) Two Minutes of Hate:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I propose a simpler, alternative theory. Let's call it Wingnut Blathering. It's when people are desperate to have something negative to say about people who don't agree with their political views so they reach into the furthest regions of their colons and yank out a bunch of BS.

Nice try, but I'm not a partisan hack, and you already know this.

I'm just intensely perplexed by the current social state of affairs given the NuLiberal collective mindset.

From a Social Psychological standpoint the current era is unlike anything before it, and is the ultimate show for people naturally inclined to observe such phenomena.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Nice try, but I'm not a partisan hack, and you already know this.

Yes, you are and we already know this.

You like to do what AD described, you like to give your ass it's own set of vocal chords when you talk about liberal this and that.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

It goes without saying that today's self-described "conservatives" exhibit the Dunning–Kruger effect more strongly than anyone ever, in the history of the world, believe me. It's true. It's true. Everyone says that.

I've come up with a super cool equation:

Dunning-Kruger + cognitive dissonace = Trumpkin circlejerk.

You can't argue with that! It goes without saying! Damn, you lot sure do need heaps of constant affirmation from one another. Reminds me of Dear Leader:

You're good enough! You're smart enough! And gosh darn it, your authoritarian father figure loves you with every cell in his clown heart.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I don't think all liberals are like this just as I don't think that all conservatives are redneck gun toting racists both sides seem to focus on the extreme of either side.
We love the sensational and turning a molehill into a mountain but on average the liberals that behave this way are most likely a small minority but when that small minority does something insane it's blasted all over the internet and made to look bigger then it really is.

But what do I know conservative and liberal has lost all meaning to me these days.

I'm just trying to exist in this absurd world

“The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.”
― Albert Camus

edit on 1-6-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Yeah. Who wouldn't hate those pesky screamers now. Pesky SJWs constantly get in the way of our "rallies" for the Beheaded Leader in charge. I mean... can't they just comply with conformism and some utter obedience in face of this Brave New Globalsm?

Wait...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The difference with me is I don't get offended when a certain group is attacked, because I don't ascribe to groupthink and I'm an individual before anything. I'm also a liberal btw.

I was also referring to the special SJW's type only.

No need to feel offended if the shoe doesn't fit on you. It's really that simple

edit on 1-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Waaaaaaaa, some people do stuff i dont like, waaaaaaaaa poor me i am a victim.

The best part of the trump win, is i get to read stuff like does hillary wear diapers, obama is really gay, and michelle is a man.

Hows that war on xmas going, you guys won yet.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

If you really want to have a discussion of self-deception, then look no further than your beloved SJW's horde.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius
I don't think all liberals are like this just as I don't think that all conservatives are redneck gun toting racists both sides seem to focus on the extreme of either side.
We love the sensational and turning a molehill into a mountain but on average the liberals that behave this way are most likely a small minority but when that small minority does something insane it's blasted all over the internet and made to look bigger then it really is.

It's the weekly outrageous hyper-racist ordeals happening on college campuses (which is 100% SJW liberals) across the nation that keeps me on point with this stuff.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Should we psychoanalyze the neuroses that lead one to proclaim what a badass individual he is? Lmao. Lighten up, snowflake — nobody is offended. This is clearly a troll thread that a bored IIB started to kick off some smack talking for entertainment purposes.

edit on 2017-6-1 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Why do I keep thinking you self-loathing police state actors are a tad blindsighted on the right wing?

The Numbers Don’t Lie: White Far-Right Terrorists Pose a Clear Danger to Us All

Yeah. Leftist propaganda BS, eh?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Takes one to know one, snowflake.

Lighten up, there is no need to try and sound all smart - Dunning Kruger - doesn't take science to understand ones individuality.

Troll thread or not, there are some gems being dropped.

Let's face it, we are all bored.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Your "liberal self loathing" nonsense is just a new spin on the "white guilt" identity politics meme that's been around for generations. Also, when people start with "it goes without saying," 9 times out of 10, what they really mean is "here's my unqualified opinion that I'm about to premise my argument on."

You do that too. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Here are some lovely self-loathing "primal" conservatives... just to balance things out a bit.

<<   2 >>

join