It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Ooooooh another awesome one! Love it! I saved yours and the one Wis posted!

Thank you guys soooo much!!!!!! Bedtime now.

That was actually the one that you posted, now lightened with blue eyes added. (as requested!)

Night Night Night!
Here's one to have nightmares about!!! ROFL

Gx

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Good morning shedeans

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer
Funny that your wolf is red, white and blue.

Happy Birthday America.
So, been doing some reading this rainy morning and thinking. Pondering the division in the country and the hostile environment the latest presidential election has fostered and the continued fertilization of the strangling vine that is political philosophies that seem to get buried by a mountain of rhetoric intended to create an even further divide and no one listens to any one else and in the end, as per the game, nothing is solved and here we go again. Round and round.
Reminds me of the teacher from Charlie Brown. "Wah, wah, wah"

I'll share some excerpts of things I've read. Some written during that awful dark period of American history when slavery was considered right and not abhorred. However the words ring true today, for me, as we are divided yet again with no easy answers or clear end in sight.

IS this the land our fathers loved, The freedom which they toiled to win?
Is this the soil whereon they moved? Are these the graves they slumber in?
Are we the sons by whom are borne The mantles which the dead have worn?

And shall we know and share with him The danger and the growing shame?
And see our Freedom's light grow dim, Which should have filled the world with flame?
And, writhing, feel, where'er we turn, A world's reproach around us burn?
~Whittier

Lives of great men all remind us We can make our lives sublime,
And departing, leave behind us Footprints on the sands of time;
Footprints, that perhaps another, Sailing o'er life's solemn main,
A forlorn and shipwrecked brother, Seeing, shall take heart again.
Let us, then, be up and doing, With a heart for any fate;
Still achieving, still pursuing, Learn to labor and to wait.
~Longfellow

Citizens, your fathers made good that resolution. They succeeded; and to-day you reap the fruits of their success. The freedom gained is yours; and you, therefore, may properly celebrate this anniversary. The 4th of July is the first great fact in your nation’s history—the very ring-bolt in the chain of your yet undeveloped destiny.

Pride and patriotism, not less than gratitude, prompt you to celebrate and to hold it in perpetual remembrance. I have said that the Declaration of Independence is the ring-bolt to the chain of your nation’s destiny; so, indeed, I regard it. The principles contained in that instrument are saving principles. Stand by those principles, be true to them on all occasions, in all places, against all foes, and at whatever cost.

From the round top of your ship of state, dark and threatening clouds may be seen. Heavy billows, like mountains in the distance, disclose to the leeward huge forms of flinty rocks! That bolt drawn, that chain broken, and all is lost. Cling to this day—cling to it, and to its principles, with the grasp of a storm-tossed mariner to a spar at midnight.
~Frederick Douglass speech (July 5, 1852) "What to the slave is the Fourth of July"

Behold, the dark clouds melt away,
That gathered thick at night,
and hung So like a gloomy pall above the earth!
Before thy magic touch, the world Awakes.
The birds in chorus sing.
The flowers raise their star-like crowns—
Dew-set, and wave thee welcome fair.
The lakes are opening wide in love
Their hundred thousand lotus-eyes
To welcome thee, with all their depth.
All hail to thee, thou Lord of Light!
~Swami Vivekananda 4th of July, 1898

So there you have it. I wonder now if we'll always be a nation cursed? Cursed for the ways in which we took this land. Cursed for the suffering we create by our far reaching hands. I worry for the future for my children. I hope the next generation can somehow fix this mess we've created and hope, for them, a time when wars and hate are merely history lessons taught so as not to forget and repeat our past.

(((hugs))) to all and peace and love!

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hello Shedsters, Happy 4th of July to the American members!

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Gordi, Yes, I know it was the pic I provided and you gave him the lovely blue eyes for me! Love it!!!!! The one with the tongue hanging out made me laugh. LOL

Lucid, Hello out there!

Chirp! Great post! So very lovely to see you today! I do hope you can visit more often as you have been missed by all! Hugs!!!!!!!

szino9, Happy 4th of July to you as well!

Happy Independence day to the USA!
edit on 4-7-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Please wish our Chooch a very Happy Birthday!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Happy Birthday buddy!

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Getting straight to the point, I feel like lousy today. It's due to being off of at least 5 of my medications. All I want to do is sleep. I may be awake right now but not very much so. The med issue has to do with the pharm not being able to contact the dr okaying the refills. I may explain more about that later one.
I went in yesterday for my testing for my heart catheter tomorrow. Came home, cooked dinner and went to bed about 7pm.
The catheter will be done at 8am central time. I'll be doped up on valium at the time. If I require a heart stint I will be in the hospital overnight. Therefore I'll be back here once I can be here.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I will be gone all day tomorrow Blue, but I will be with you in spirit and wishing you well. As for the meds, maybe the pharmacy doesn't have the correct fax number or something. You'd be better off calling the Doctor's office about it instead of relying on the pharmacy. Rest my friend and come back to us when you can.

Our Shed Angel will be by your side tomorrow along with all your Shed family. Hugs!

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Hugs for anyone who needs one today, or just for the hell of it.

edit on 4-7-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'm getting my medicine issues straightened out today. Problem one was that the pharmacy's computers have been down. Problem two was that my meds were issued, for the most part from the hospital I was at due to the heart attack. I've switched all my med okays to my primary doctor now.

I have all my meds set up for auto refil and a text as to when they will be ready.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

That's great to hear Blue!

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Happy 4th to everyone and another happy birthday to Gimme!

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Blue I am sending you a million positive thoughts and prayers! 😇
Although you don't see us we are all right there beside you. But we've found it best to stay hidden under the cloak of invisibility...just take my word for it.

Hello and hugs to everyone else. Still lost at work. Figure I will be for months...hopefully.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

But we've found it best to stay hidden under the cloak of invisibility...just take my word for it.

Coughs...why is it best to stay hidden young lady? Have you joined the league of the bush people?
Getting awfully lonely in here. That's it I'm not throwing any more donuts out the window.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Good morning my beautiful Shedigans!

Blue - we are thinking about you today! I hope everything goes great!

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Good Morning,

The new Short Story Writers Contest thread is up... LINKY HERE

AND

I just got confirmation that my new van will be ready to collect tomorrow morning (in plenty of time for the weekend!)
So... YAY!

G

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Getting straight to the point, I feel like lousy today. It's due to being off of at least 5 of my medications. All I want to do is sleep. I may be awake right now but not very much so. The med issue has to do with the pharm not being able to contact the dr okaying the refills. I may explain more about that later one.
I went in yesterday for my testing for my heart catheter tomorrow. Came home, cooked dinner and went to bed about 7pm.
The catheter will be done at 8am central time. I'll be doped up on valium at the time. If I require a heart stint I will be in the hospital overnight. Therefore I'll be back here once I can be here.

Hi Blue.

Good thoughts and prayers going out to you.

edit on 5-7-2017 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Oh come on Night...

They need their donuts. Maybe we can set up a ..

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Only on my first cup of coffee.

Hello Jess! Beautiful Good Morning pic, I love it!!!!!!

Gordi, Yay!!!!!! How wonderful for you!

Kat, Bahahaha! Ok, ok, we'll still feed them their donuts.

Going out with my friend today and will be home later this evening sometime, but I will be thinking of you all. HUGS!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join