It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Screencapped that post wis that was awesome and deserves a million stars haha. Most especially loved this bit

When we do our best to understand and share compassion to 'the other' honor and improve our environment and seek to understand ourselves, we have accomplished the goal

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LucidWarrior
It sounds like you have a far more vivid imagination than i!

OH you made me giggle. Age, practice and necessity are powerful friends.

One thing you can try is if you have a favourite debate partner is try to think of a topic and see what theyd think of it in your mind and debate "them"

Giggles again. I mastered that over thirty years ago at sea. When the day was over I would construct elaborate letters of thoughts.
But that doesn't compare with human interaction.
When we hit shore I all ways wondered if there would be 'some one' to relate to. Once I recall porting in Belfast, a woman came on board with the other emissaries. I cried like a baby so grateful to see some one I could relate to.
That's how I feel.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Now do you see why I once dubbed you Wise woman of the Shedlands? You have wisdom, insight and eloquence in articulating your thoughts. Profound things come spilling forth with ease.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Thank You. I don't know what screen capped means but it sounded nice.

'The Other' I am passionate about this, which is what makes me different from my environment.
The Other to me is all creation. All of it. Every rain drop, pebble, and magnificent thunderstorm.

The Other is also my fellow humans whom I share resemblance and DNA with. But I sadly find my self disfranchised from the common approach to life that 'they' conform to.

How did we become so disconnected with life that we care more about a well trimmed lawn than the well-being of our neighbor/creation.

Oh I got your 'Star Pun' They were all given to me as a weird adverse response to peoples opposition.

edit on 26-6-2017 by WalkInSilence because: blipp

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank You Dear, I just write with out thinking of convention. I try to grasp the thoughts and emotions of who is before me. I try to put myself in their place and rule out my own feelings.

We, in here, are in some magical way, present to each other. We all express our care in unique beautiful ways. And we are free to do so with out judgement.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I understood about what you meant by the other. Have you ever heard of Jaques Lacan? He formalized it in clinical psychoanalasys theory.

Screen capped means i took a picture of yoir post because i wanted to save it lol.

As for your last question well people stop considering the big Other and all the little others it contains because they buy into the separation tactics that are ingrained into our very culture and become so obsessed with me me me... My hair my bills my meds my shoes... Not to demonize anyone that does that these things are important that kinda lifestyle breeds a certain mentality which leads to the lawn thing you mentioned

Edit to add my star comment wasnt a pun!
edit on 26-6-2017 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2017 by LucidWarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the hugs and the help.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

We, in here, are in some magical way, present to each other. We all express our care in unique beautiful ways. And we are free to do so with out judgement.

And that my dear friend is something I have always cherished about the shed. It has always been a vital part of this sacred place, the people...hearts and souls reaching out and being present in each others darkness or light. HUGS!

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

So are you taking in what we are all trying to tell you? Try to see yourself through our eyes and hearts.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Night and Marty looked at each other then down at Lucid on the ground with the newly fallen snow. The glittering snow only fell around the young Lucid and nowhere else. Marty yelled down to Lucid. "We're coming down. Don't go anywhere!" His distress was quite evident and they wanted to help in any way they could. Marty led the way as they carefully stepped from branch to branch until they reached the last one and jumped. "Ow, that wasn't a very graceful landing" said Marty. The girls giggled at their awkwardness, stood up and faced the mournful Lucid.

"What is so terrible?" asked the little Elf. "Oh, it's the tea party isn't it? We could always build a tree house or something." Silently, she directed a little magic his way, taking away the cold, wet snow and hoping he would be able to smile.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Jess, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have played your character for you. I give you back complete control.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Love it raine! Want to wait for jess to respond first before i reply but wanted to tell you i enjoyed your post

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Oh thanks. I got caught up in the story. LOL Can't wait to see what Jess will post and who else will join us.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Night no worries. That's just awesome! Feel free to play away as I sleep.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hi Sweetie! We're going to wait for you or someone else to pop in, then Lucid and I will join in again. My, you're up late tonight. LOL

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Just stopping by to help make sure that everything is locked up nice and tight.

Gates shut and locked........ check.
Windows shut and locked........ check.
Dragons fed and watered........ check.
Sentry guns and dispensers armed and supplied........ che...... wait, wrong place.
Refrigerators and freezers stocked for the early birds and the late worms........ check.
Security cameras in working order........ check.
Wine cellar stocked and cleaned........ that gets a big ol' CHECK and if it doesn't then Jess will kill me.
Library cleaned and books put back........ check.

Looks like everything is in working order so I guess it's off to the big haystack for some shut eye.

edit on 27-6-2017 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Watches as Chooch makes the shed safe and smiles.

Goodnight Shed, may all your dreams be magical

edit on 27-6-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

...How did we become so disconnected with life that we care more about a well trimmed lawn than the well-being of our neighbor/creation...

Hey WIS,
Strangely (and co-incidentally) I just wrote a Blog about modern Life and where we're going wrong.
It touched on the modern obsession with material things and the continual struggles that we put ourselves through whilst "conforming", and how we've disconnected from the basic truth that the BEST THINGS IN LIFE really are FREE!!!

Here's a short extract from the Blog:

Life should be healthy & fun.
And it’s up to YOU to make it so.
Yes, YOU!
Work out what is stressing you and get rid of it.
Work out what you LOVE and surround yourself with it.
What do you REALLY NEED? (Besides Fresh Air, Clean Water, Nutritious Food, Someone to Love and Good Company.) Go get it!
What makes you REALLY HAPPY? Go do it!

The best things in life really ARE free.

I think our ancient ancestors got it… (mostly) right.

Ug.

kindest regards,
G

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I will not be playing today. We are down

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Awwww whats wrong?

new topics

top topics