It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hey wow, I got hit by a minivan once too! I was young - 19 - but I've dealt with the damaged spinal discs ever since. Yay!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
I am pretty busy nowadays, but I, um, just wanted to let you guys know that I am doing fine, just so you know.

Good to hear! Looking forward to seeing you back in here when you're able to visit.

And hello to everyone.

It's been a pretty traumatic few days, mainly because of the Grenfell Tower fire in London. My family (on Dad's side) were Londoners for many generations -- at least 400 years -- and I have a very strong emotional attachment to this city. So the events of last Wed night and since have dominated my thoughts far more than anything else, and when I have had internet access in recent days I have mainly followed this increasingly tragic story rather than post here on ATS.

In short, though I am aware of the ATS threads I would rather not post in them. I see people as people and simply cannot place a human tragedy into a smaller box (ie, make it seem less) because of this or that way of thinking, or race, or assumed religious belief. I am aware that worse horrors, like bombings in Afghanistan and other places, are going on almost constantly, but some things, by their nature, affect us more than others. For me, London is one of those special places where the emotional intensity is magnified many-fold. I have 20 or more generations of "Londoner" in my veins: how can I not be affected by this awful tragedy? This is my heritage; I think this is just the way we need to function as humans.

Whole families were lost in that tower block fire (tower block = apartment block) and I just hope the authorities will seize all the records they can before they "disappear" or are "not available" and people who should be punished can walk free due to a "lack of evidence".

I know this is not really the thread for thoughts like this, except that this is a place where we express the thoughts that either uplift or trouble us, and others share or offer support. IOW, I'm just saying how I feel right now.

edit on 19/6/17 by JustMike because: of some little changes. The message is still the same. Ok?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
"Night, the Sheddites have been through many changes and challenges, but their courage, bravery and fierce determination have never faltered or failed. Even in the depths of despair, they rose above and saw their way through, joined together in love and you will again, all of you." A gentle breeze blew her hair from her face as she stared back into the majestic beast's eyes, her hope renewed.

Looking back at the shed she felt her senses sharpen. The white wolf came bounding from the edge of the forest howling and she knew why. Shadow the wolf Lord was somewhere nearby and he had a mate. That was lovely and all, but the realm was under attack and she could not locate him to plead for help. The Elf could only reach out telepathically and hope for the best. She found Lucid and Shep as the mist cleared and they all headed toward Gordi who was injured and laying upon the hardened ground. There standing above the wounded swordsman Sir Gordi, was the shape shifting warrior woman who turned into a black wolf the color of midnight. Together, the companions gathered their energies and directed it at the wounded warrior. The wind picked up and whirled around them along with colors and swirling ink.

A flash of brilliant light streaked across the darkened sky as their powers melded together and the fallen Scotsman sat up, now healed yet still a bit dazed and confused. "Into the shed now!" yelled Night Star. "There may be more trolls lurking about and we need to figure out what happened to the shed and where the rest of our friends are." She grabbed Gordi's sword from the ground and rushed into the dilapidated Shed with the others. Hugo and wolf remained outside to guard the friends as best they could.

Night remembered how it was in the beginning. They could think things into being. Using her imagination, she conjured forth the spacious living room, dimly lit by the flicker of candle light. For now, the companions were together and safe.

edit on 19-6-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Awww Mike, so tragic, I know! So many horrors happening all the time and it gets overwhelming. I know this place has a special place in your heart and my own heart goes out to all involved in that event!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

Hey wow, I got hit by a minivan once too! I was young - 19 - but I've dealt with the damaged spinal discs ever since. Yay!

Ummm...yay we both were hit by a mini van and have spinal problems? LOL That made me laugh, but I know what you mean, we are not alone in that suffering.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Yup, that was a tongue-in-cheek 'yay'.

I do OK most times - I can still lift weights, ride my bicycle, rollerblade, even run lightly. But the days when it spasms and flares up, or the days when I get the really horrible headaches from the one in my neck, those are the hard days.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I'm laughing with you, not at you...

My own spinal problems didn't even require a hit from a mini van. Just a 2-litre coca-cola bottle full of water that I had on the back seat of my car (right behind my seat) when it hit a tree one sunny morning.

A word from the wise: don't leave anything on the back seat of your car that can fly forward and hit you or a passenger in the back (or head!) if your car hits something solid! I've been paying for that little mistake in daily doses of pain for about 33 years now.

You get used to it after a while, though. And yes, it could've been worse. At least I didn't wind up with a broken spine. I'm grateful for that.

ETA: and I have to go offline again. My wife needs some help. (She's ok, she just needs help with some things.) I'll log in again tomorrow my time. JM xxx

edit on 19/6/17 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

haha!
I'm fine, honestly.

I think I had a mild cold hanging over me for the last couple of weeks - one of the joyous side-effects of the CFS is that it AMPLIFIES every single little health issue! A cold becomes as debilitating as Flu... you get the idea!
I am feeling a lot better today, so no need to join the club just yet... but keep me a place by the fire... on a rocking chair... just in case!

Gx

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

'Raine, that was awesome!
It brought a tear to my eye!!!

Well done you.

Gx

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hi Mike,

I didn't know that you had a strong connection to London.
The fire was indeed a tragic event, made a thousand times worse by the thought that it could (very probably) have been avoided, or at least minimised by the strict enforcement of building code regulations, a very small amount of money and common sense.
It was made all the worse by the fact that the tower blocks are inhabited by the poorer sections of society, living "next door" to some of the most affluent naighbourhoods in the UK.

There are no words that can bring back those lost to such tragedy. No words that can sufficiently comfort the bereaved.
My only hope is that the authorities LISTEN to the residents there and LEARN from any mistakes that they've made.

I know that steps have already been taken to "review" the safety of all towerblock upgrades and re-furbishments - so that is something I suppose?

What REALLY got to me was the political posturing and points scoring that went on in the days following the tragic fire.
Those (insert expletive of your choice HERE) politicians who used the media for a quick photo-op in the aftermath, but didn't even bother to talk to the locals or visit the hospitals and temporary care facilities (until a day or two LATER when their "advisers" pointed out their error...)

OK, I have ranted enough.
It's lovely to see you, please give Dada a huge big squishy hug from everyone here at the Shed?

G out! LOL

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I cant help but wonder, Gordi, if everyone recognizes that politicians are corrupt and self serving- why do we keep letting them use us?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Not everyone unfortunately Luc, but some... some!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Gordi raised his head, half expecting to see the pearly-gates or more likely the fiery gates!! but instead... his eyes slowly focused on a familiar scene; The interior of his beloved Shed and his shed-mates gathered around him.
He raised his hand to feel how bad the wound on his brow was, and... it was nothing but a scratch! WTF??
His chest ached and there were a few cuts & bruises, but all-in-all he seemed to be in pretty good shape.

"The Ogre??? Is everyone....ok?"

He couldn't remember much after getting knocked out by the gigantic Ogre, but apparently his friends had arrived in the nick of time and scared off the beast.
The dimly lit room felt safe and warm as the smiles, handshakes and hugs spread out from his resting place. But everyone knew that something strange and weird had happened and they seemed to be no closer to solving the mystery of the disappearing comrades and dilapidated shed.
Pesky the Pixie flitted into view and came to a stop on Gordi's shoulder. She reached up and stroked his ear gently, before pinching it and making him wince (and laugh!).
She began whispering something to him... it started off sounding like a childrens "Faery Story", but the big guy soon realised that it was in fact a TRUE Story. A true story about what had just happened in the shed realm, and a true story about how it had all begun... all those years before.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Gordi what are you wearing its important. Are you wearing red by chance? Gordi in the shed story i mean

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Man, was I worried for a second there!! ROFL

I don't actually know what colour I was wearing... my character is human, sword-carrying, warrior-type... pick a colour!
Could be red.... more likely tartan/plaid? LOL

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Red was my first guess. Ill add the plaid in somehow.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I do look awesome in pink though! ROFL

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Pesky the pyxies voice rang out stark and unafraid, seeming almost unconcerned in her stalwart bravery, her confidence at odds with the horror of what she spoke.

"An evil has awakened in the realm, the force of darkness has returned in its primal form, the pain of seperation and loss to plague the warriors of light, and awakening many evils across the land, using the twisted magic to affect the very landscape of accasia and the shed itself! The world has changed, becoming darker, more violent, tempers awaken in the brows of man, beast and magical being alike, throwing the lands into turmoil inside and out. It even affects those of the shed; unable to twist our hearts to its will it does the only thing it can, seperation and oppression." she looks around from her perch on gordis shoulder, and says "Guard your hearts well, shedlings, for the trials shall be great, and inside just as much as without."

Lucid nodded solemnly as he stared into the fireplace twirling his pen as he listened to the brave pesky. He began to speak slowly, his voice breaking the silence that followed her words hauntingly, and as he spoke a fire swirled into the fireplace crackling merrily though there was no fuel.

"The company gathered in shadows,
Circled round the one in red
By their magic he was healed
The warriors of the shed.
Darkness divides,
Fear derides,
Loneliness and sorrow abound.
Companionship is needed,
Now more than ever,
To push through these troubling times
And find happiness on the morrow."

Everthing she said made perfect sense, his heart was heavy for this sounded all too familiar, it was the same thing that plagued the mortal realm which he had come from. His head whips up as a thought strikes him and he released it to his family. "Maybe, maybe i did this? The land has been violent since i came, and this same threat plagued my own world. What if it was me that it folowed?"

edit on 19-6-2017 by LucidWarrior because: Quotation marks

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Thread about colored rockets
I keep meaning to link this. It has been postponed again until tonight. Hope our East coasters get to enjoy

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Great writing Gordi and Lucid! Bravo!

JustMike, sorry I missed you earlier, I just had one of those days of feeling blah and tired all day and night. So you're another one with spinal problems eh? I'll set your rocker near mine and Gordi's. LOL

Shep, I'm glad to hear that you are usually still able to do things like you always have.

Gordi, thanks, glad you enjoyed my quick entry! Loved yours!

Lucid, loved your story entry as well. This is a lot of fun! Oh, I'll have to make another entry for our other story when I'm up to it.

Helllo Miss Jess! I'll check your link out later. How is Paul doing?

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join