It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hello everyone,
I'm still trying to absorb the news of the congressmen shooting. Now I see there is an unrelated shooting going on in San Francisco. Not quite what I care to wake up type of news today.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

A congreesman was shot or a congressman did the shooting? I was having a conversation with a good friend yesterday about focusing on positive or diving into the negative. I try and focus on the conditions of affliction. But i will admit i dont pay attention to the news though maybe i should

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

A Bernie supporter fired many shots at rebublicans during a baseball practice hitting one congressman in the hip and injuring at least two others people. Injured policemen shot and captured the shooter.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Lots of bad news stories around these days.

OK, some of you may remember that my wee lad (Dougie) put up a bird nest box and that some Blue-Tits were taking an interest?
Well, GOOD NEWS!
They nested in the box, produced a healthy brood of chicks, and they have now FLEDGED!

I was slightly worried about this wee guy...

He only made it as far as our planters immediately below the nest box! and spent a whole day down there in among the plants, but finally... late yesterday, he managed to get airborne and rejoined his family in nearby hedges.
The adult birds have been amazing. It's difficult to describe the amount of effort they put in, bringing food items (mostly caterpillars) every couple of minutes for the wee guy (and hopefully his siblings!!).

Dougie is all "proud" that his nest-box building skills have paid off too!

BigG

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Tell Dougie that I'm proud of his work too.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Will do Luke!
I'm quite proud of him too.

The "build a bird-box" programme is a FREE activity that the Rangers on our local wind-farm put on every year.

They provide a range of bird-box "kits" and the kids are encouraged to select a suitable kit for the birds that they want to attract into their own garden. They then have to go select all of the correct parts for their own kit, and follow the kit instructions to build the box, by nailing all of the correct parts together.
It teaches them so much about tool-handling, construction, nature and conservation... and will continue to do so, year after year.
Very cool.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Kids are amazing in their wonder and awe of nature. Our boys were given a device for Christmas called "Batseeker" - it modulates high-frequency sound (as in, frequencies above human hearing) to an audible frequency. So, when dusk hits, and the mosquitoes come out, the bats come out to feast. If you turn the device on, you can hear the bats' echolocation pulses.

They went outside last night as the last light was fading to go listen to bats and watch them flit around chasing mosquitoes. Now they want to put up a bunch of bat houses, particularly by the garden, since one of them read that bat guano is some of the best fertilizer on the planet. LOL

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Per the druggy story, I'm only in the concept stage so far. No clue as to who or what the enemy will be.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

BRILLIANT!
We have bats around here and I'd LOVE to be able to hear their chatter!
The "Ditos" will be having a ball with that.

BigG

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Dougie has done an amazing job!!!! How amazing to help give some birdies a new home and then get to watch them grow. What a neat idea!

Shep - Oh I bet that IS neat! I might have to check into that. We have a TON of bats. I love to watch them when they head out. Their sleeping spot must be close by because I get to see them to the "twirl" as they head into the sky.

Blue - I can't wait to read the story you are working on....

Lucid - What are you into today?

Hello to anyone that I've missed. I'm wrapping up my work day and planning a trip to Wal-Mart (I have to work up for that, urg)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It's pretty darn cool; I know most people think of bats and cringe, but when you live in Minnesquito, bats are your friends. One tiny bat can eat like 1000 mosquitos a day. "Come on over to my property!! Here, I'll build your batty little fundament a house!!" says I.

a reply to: Martin75
Don't get to see them twirl - these are not cave-dwelling bats, I suspect they're in holes in the trees around our house. But when you do get to see them, they do this interesting figure-8 pattern right above our house. It's tough to watch, though, because you have to stand there and get eaten by mosquitoes in order to watch the silly things eat the mosquitoes. LOL

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Dougie has done an amazing job!!!! How amazing to help give some birdies a new home and then get to watch them grow. What a neat idea!

Thanks Jessie,
Here's a photo of his box when the adults first took an interest in nesting there...

I've got some short video clips of the adults coming and going too... but they're gone in a second each time!!
G

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Gordi Another gathering? I would have so much fun looking at all the pics and being jealous, but would love to see a coming together of sheddites again! Glad you liked the dragon, it is one that Syx let me steal. lol
Awwww, loved the pics with the sweet little birdies. Yay Dougie for his nest box success!!!! Big hug from Auntie Raine!

Jess, Loved your pics! I don't think the humidity affects my pain. Heat and humidity just drive me crazy and is stifling and like torture to me. LOL
You asked what Lucid was into today. Trouble I tell you! LOL

Sir Shep, every time I get caught up with your story, you throw more out there. Now I have to find my running shoes again. LOL! Oh how cool about the bat device thingy! I won't say what else bat guano is used for because, well, eeeew! Anyway I love bats!

Hiya Blue!The world is going to hell in a hand basket as the old saying goes. It isn't the same world we grew up in, that's for sure. Looking forward to hearing your story when you get it done.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hi guys

Just wanted to thank you for the thoughts and condolences, it means a lot, I'm a little better everyday and as with life there is good to come from grief, my kids are coming over for the funeral and I'll see them sooner than expected

my heartfelt thanks

Cody

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

My heart goes out to you Cody. Speaking from my own losses I know how hard this can be.
I'm here for you to talk with.

Blue Dude.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

You know where we are bro.
I finished my whisky last night in your mums name.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Gbro I have no doubt that you did and I really appreciate it, we'll raise a glass together soon with luck

Blue my thanks

I've been missing from the shed for too long, and it may be a while until I get to return on a regular basis, but rest assured I will return and hopefully you'll see me in a better funnier light.

For you G

After announcing he was getting married, a boy tells his pal he will be wearing the kilt. "And what's the tartan?" asks his mate. "Oh, she'll be wearing a white dress," he replies.

Cody

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Marty, I don't think my PM's are working correctly so here is your badge.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I'm printing it out and sticking it on my computer! That rocks!

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This just in from The High Council Of The Elves.
To whoever you are, wherever you are. My dear Sheddites, know this...that no matter what you may be going through and nothing is too small or too big of a challenge, your voice is heard and your feelings matter. This has always been true of the shed. Each and every one of you is the heart of this sacred place that beats strong and fierce against the world of turmoil and confusion. The Shed is the steady flow of a river or the crashing waves of the sea. It is the silent tree that stretches ever upward reaching for the light and being nourished and nurtured or a raging storm uncontrolled, wild and free.

The shed is all of these things and so much more. You bring me light, laughter and joy and for that I am ever grateful. You have lifted me up giving me wings to fly. You are the magic that brings life into secret realms and takes me on adventures never dreamed of before.

Walk the soft Earth. Feel the grass and moss beneath your feet and travel forward. Now rest oh weary traveler. Rest a while with me. We shall soak up the sun and feel the wind in our hair. We shall look up into the night sky beneath the moon and glittering stars and know we share that same sky, no matter how many miles may separate us. My heart meets yours here, in wild flower filled meadows and glades, in noisy taverns with fun filled parties, in quiet places in quiet times. We are here...together...always.

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join