It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Gordi, how about Fidibus for your word of the day thingy?
PS: I got help with that one. LOL

Hello Dave!

Hello Shep!

I like it!
(What is it?? LOL)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I already forgot and didn't write the answer down and now can't find it on the dictionary site I go to. Ask Wis the wise one. LOL

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

According to Merriam-Webster, it is:

a paper spill for lighting pipes

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Thank you Hun! I knew there was paper involved, but I think I'll let Wis explain as she did to me when she gets on as there may be a different interpretation as well. Good story by the way!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Good story by the way!

Mrrhmm?

OH, Falling, you mean?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Yes your story that I finally caught up in and am keeping up with so far. LOL

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hi, Night,

I cannot possibly keep up with new posts and respond appropriately, which irks me, because I much rather would. But when I have the time, I hope to review what has gone one.

edit on 7/6/17 by JustMike because: of a typo I struck out.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
Hi, Night,

I cannot possibly keep up with new posts and respond appropriately, which irks me, because I much rather would. But when I have the time, I hope to review what has gone one.

No worries dear friend! Wonderful to see you!!!! Hugs for you and Dada!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr
Hi Blues,

it's as you say, really. Most who create never make enough $$ from it to live on; what I have got back from "Finding the Goddess" so far did not even cover the costs of producing it, let alone the 2,000 hours (plus) I spent researching it and then writing it. But that's ok. Creativity is not rewarded in dollars, but in messages: in human feelings expressed in words.

What people have said to me, either via electronic media or in person, more than compensates for whatever time and effort I put into it. A single "thank you", or even "I cried when I read that", cannot be measured in terms of mere money.

I've had those messages and I've wept -- yes, I've wept tears of joy -- because I received them, and been glad for this life I have been given, because of them.

To move someone to tears or joy, through your words or music? This cannot be measured. Just one response is a million-dollar payment straight to your very soul!

I was able to touch the hearts of people on the other side of the world, just through my words. What more could I wish for, my friend? What more could matter? To touch just one life at a distance is a massive blessing. We cannot count its value.

When we pass away, we can't take our money with us. But as we leave, we can take the thought that we lived well, we did something we dreamed of doing, and if we were fortunate, we touched others with our words and deeds.

For me, that is all I need, all I hope for.

Okay?

PS: and please write to me, any time. I might not get back to you right away (because I have days where I have no internet), but I will reply.
edit on 7/6/17 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Thanks Mike! I really am aligned with your comments. While there is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to make a living off of artistic endeavors and in fact if there were a way for any of us to be able to work on our passion full-time I'm sure we would, there is always the priceless joy of seeing others moved by our work.

And on top of that, as Wis said, there is something that simply compels us to create. Just the act of creating for me soothes the soul. So even if I'm the only person in the world that enjoys it, its still worth doing. Funny too how time gets so distorted when in create mode. Hours upon hours can go by without a thought of anything outside or even eating for me, the wife has to sometimes nudge me to get out of the studio to get something to eat after about 8 hours running on a cup of coffee

Cheers to all

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

That was beautiful and so true!

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Love and miss you all. Just very busy as full time caregiver.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

I figured as much darling girl! Big hug for you and Paul! Don't worry, the doors are always open and the lights are always on. Well ok, maybe soft candle light at night, but you Know...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
My adventures today in the world of heart testing

Grrrr, after light sleeping last night I beat my alarm by one minute getting up at 7:29 am. I usually sleep until almost 11:00am but my appointment was at 9:00am plus I was not allowed to eat anything beforehand. Sure, I get there with time to spare which allowed me to sign the required electronic forms and wait for the show to start late at about 9:45am.
I could hardly walk this morning as it was just plain too early for me so they pushed me around in the wheelchair. The adventure began with my EKG. Then they did the picture thingy. That means I had to lay on this very narrow hard bed with my arms above my head for 15 minutes while this machine rotates around me taking pictures of my insides. Finally I get moved to a more comfortable bed in which I get an injection of some stress inducing meds. as they saw me to be in no shape to use the treadmill. My cardiologist shows up to witness the test. The meds. felt a bit funny inside me, mostly raising my heart rate for about ten minutes. The cardiologist said something to the point that it didn't look like there was any problems with my heart. Somewhere around this time I had an ultra sound of my heart. Once my heart had calmed down from the stress test I got the honor of having some orange juice then back to the camera thingy for eleven minutes.

Finally I get to be unplugged and bandaged and ready to go about my way. Of course I had to drive to my regular doctor's office after that for them to draw some blood to get a look at what makes Blue Dude tick. I got home from my adventure at about 3:00pm. I was hoping to eat some of the pasta left over from the night before that I had made. My mom let me know that dad had decided to get us something from KFC to eat. I avoid that place as much as I avoid the tax office as it's noting but salt and grease. The only good part of dinner was sharing the chicken with one of my cats as he loves chicken. He's the only one I have to eat dinner with anyway.

I'm not proofing this as this has been a long day.

I'll be back sometime to read and respond to the lovely conversations going on. HUGS.

edit: The cardiologist's office will get back with me in a few days to make an appointment to see him at which time he can go over the test results with me.
edit on 6 7 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Was the KFC chicken extra crispy? That is my favorite! I treat myself once in a while because, well you know...YUM!
I bet your feeling better that the tests are now behind you and you can relax for a while.

I like how you share your experiences. It's like an adventure. When I talk about my tests and Doctors visits I must sound all dramatic with how stressed I am. I mean, really, really, really stressed! I know you were too, but you were all brave and stuff. I'm peeking in and out of here.

Kind of wish I could have had your cat's piece of fried chicken.

edit on 7-6-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If it's anyone's Birthday soon, let me know. I can't find my damned list! Or ATS Anniversaries. With thanks from Elfie.
edit on 7-6-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

If it's anyone's Birthday soon, let me know. I can't find my damned list! Or ATS Anniversaries. With thanks from Elfie.

it''s my birthday in 11 months.
meow.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: shlaw

meow.

LOL! Remind me in 10. I thought of you this morning when my cat barfed.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: shlaw

meow.

LOL! Remind me in 10. I thought of you this morning when my cat barfed.

LOL. That gets me right in the feelies.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

No extra crispy here sadly enough, my parents lead a dull life. To them ordering extra crispy is doing something that only people that like to live on the wild side would do.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join