It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 191
<< 188  189  190   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Oh hun, how sweet of you to offer help! (Thank you and *hugs*)

This Shed family are a group of caring souls...the people who go out of their way to help anyone and everyone...and usually end up getting left alone when it's their/our turn to need help.

Most of the gang here know that I have been looking after the ex's mom (with Alzheimer's) every day for 2-3 hours for the last 7 years (for free, love not money). I'm sad that she likely doesn't know why I've abandoned her and won't even be able to go to her funeral. His family are bullying me to "get out now!" and of course, nobody has even asked for my side of the story. While protecting him and his 'issues' I have lost money, family and my own self worth.

Thank you for offering your bed, but of course I can't just run/fly away (although I'd love to). I must stay and somehow deal with this mess and try to put a life together.
To be honest right now I half wish that I would just have heart attack and die, but nobody would know for ages and I have my poor cat to think of.

I've been writing e-mails with LookingForABetterLife and wishing there was some way I could get him to Canada for the health care he needs. Only the "down and out" people seem to have empathy or compassion and it's so sad that we can't do much to help each other (especially when we're all in different countries).

Your kind message and offer made me both smile and cry.
*hugs*
jacy

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Jacy - it breaks my heart to hear what you're going through. As with the rest of the Shed, I wish there was something we could do. Know you have my prayers.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

IMHO, the most important thing is knowing right on down to your bones that YOU did the right thing.

Wishing you strength.

And I didn't expect you to occupy my bed instead of me in spite of the distance. Well... I was hoping you wouldn't but I had to offer. I'm well used to sleeping on the floor though. The bed can be such an effort sometimes and I was born in the year of the dog, I wasn't trying to get fresh! LOL

My neighbour came home at 10 pm tonight and started playing his drums. Just like that. I knocked immediately. Sometimes I look at regular so-called normal people and think they are insane. Yep...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I apologise for my outburst but it struck a chord with me and it contained all the wrong notes. (My ex-girlfriend did a runner. Yes, I'm that bad.)

Moving swiftly on.... it's time to cook the miserable excuse the Dutch have for bacon. Wish me luck!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Jacy, I know what you mean about being there for others before yourself. Now it is time to think of you, what you need and to hold on to those who are real friends. Yes, that would be us.

If you should lose internet connection, I hope you can get to a library where you can get online every day for a bit. Love you so much Shed Sister and friend!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Jacy, I know what you mean about being there for others before yourself. Now it is time to think of you, what you need and to hold on to those who are real friends. Yes, that would be us.

Yes.

Now, i don't know too much about Jacy, but based on some recent postings here, i am quite strongly under the impression that she might evaluate that doing things that benefit herself are automatically selfish. That is not the case. Jacy, you have clearly exhausted yourself by being there for others, at times being a doormat for others. Now it is time for you, to focus to you and your own wellbeing.

"Self-preservation is a behavior that ensures the survival of an organism. It is almost universal among living organisms. Pain and fear are integral parts of this mechanism. Pain motivates the individual to withdraw from damaging situations, to protect a damaged body part while it heals, and to avoid similar experiences in the future. Most pain resolves promptly once the painful stimulus is removed and the body has healed, but sometimes pain persists despite removal of the stimulus and apparent healing of the body; and sometimes pain arises in the absence of any detectable stimulus, damage or disease. Fear causes the organism to seek safety and may cause a release of adrenaline, which has the effect of increased strength and heightened senses such as hearing, smell, and sight. Self-preservation may also be interpreted figuratively, in regard to the coping mechanisms one needs to prevent emotional trauma from distorting the mind"

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Hello Skiddy, yeah whatever works for you. Pain sucks! That stuff makes me eat too much and that's the last thing I need. Relaxing though.

Hello Nekid Dave, I mean Timely. How are things down under? Don't you guys get headaches being upside down all the time like that?

Driver I just LOVE your writing!!!!! Also been enjoying the music. Keep writing!

Hello Blue, hope your day has been going ok and Dad isn't being an arse. Is that too much to ask for? Probably.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I wanted to address this. You do keep things inside and by doing that it eats you up inside. Your kids don't know the truth, your side of the story and it must be told. It must! You need them and they should be there for you.

I know all about the self esteem # too and how much damage that can do to someone, but you know what? YOU are an amazing woman and if I and the others have to tell you that every day by God, we will!

I know you are scared Honey, I know how dark the world must seem to you right now. I know it may look like there is no light at the end of the tunnel, but there is. There is! It may look like a candle that flickers and threatens to go out, but it is there.

Skiddy must have felt this way when he was struggling through the shadows and darkness and look at him now. Oh Jacy, I know that these are only words reaching out to you, but they are from the heart, genuine and true.

You are like a beautiful china doll that is broken but we can help put you back together with the magic of our love and never giving up on you. So don't you ever give up on yourself. We need you too you know.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Night,
Nothing much to report from my crazy world today. I ignore dad and he leaves me alone.
Now I need to calm down over a reply I posted in ATS about the football players that can't stand up for the country that they live in.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely
I don't use that. I've heard of it and am thinking of trying it when I can get ingredients.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Fin, I posted at the same time you did and missed your post completely. That was a wonderful reply to our dear jacy.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Hello Blue and Skiddy!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Night,
Nothing much to report from my crazy world today. I ignore dad and he leaves me alone.
Now I need to calm down over a reply I posted in ATS about the football players that can't stand up for the country that they live in.

I was proud of that Pitsburgh Steeler player( forget his name ) who went and stood by himself to sing it with his hand over his heart . 👍🏼 That seemed brave to me !

new topics

top topics

<< 188  189  190   >>

join