It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 188
<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

...Blue, that whole health insurance fiasco pisses me off. You need care right away, not after waiting and waiting and going through all this red tape crap! HUGS!...

IMHO the entire system in the US is just plain wrong.

You shouldn't have to be worrying about money and bills when you're already ill.
And Medical Corporations shouldn't be making BILLIONS out of YOUR ill-health.

The NHS is the UK isn't perfect, but it's a much better system (again IMHO!).
If you are working and earning a decent wage, your taxes (and NI) contribute to the provision of health services for all who are eligible.
There are no HUGE medical bills to worry about, and EVERYONE benefits.

(Do you really want your less affluent citizens going without any health care because they can't afford the insurance premiums?)

Then there are all of the "get-out clauses" and conditions put on the Medical Insurance T&C's... you could be paying THOUSANDS for YEARS and then NOT get the treatment or medication that you need because of a technicality???

In the UK, working or not, you automatically receive the treatment, care and medication that you need. There is only a small "standard" prescription charge of £8.60 if you need more meds after initial treatment.
(... in Scotland - you even get the prescription meds FREE too!)

IF we want to... we can ALSO take on ADDITIONAL PRIVATE HEALTH COVER.
Yup, we can TOP-UP our cover through private health care trusts and private hospitals IF WE WANT TO.
This can lead to shorter waiting times for operations, and better quality of care etc
I think It's the best of both worlds.

Flame away.

G

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I know it was always 'Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all', NOT 'MAGIC mirror...'
I have not experienced all the affects and many I am unsure of, but that one and the Berenstein bears was a good one!

Yeah, well i have not seen Snow white, i prefer my movies with real actors. But i have of course heard the phrase many times from here and there, and it was "Mirror, mirror..." And now it seems to be "Magic mirror". Strange, but no personal experience from that. Berenstein bears was absolutely unknown to me until i read from the changing to Berenstain from this very forum.

Then there are some company logo changes, but they do that every now and then to refresh their brand image, maybe update an outdated font or something. And i haven't been interested enough to google about logo changes. However, i will say that Volvo logo changing to male sign was odd.

But basically i have put Mandela effect behind me. If there is a force, somewhere, altering the state of things, like songs or the like... then i will deal with it. And the sun still warms this planet to be habitable, being white nowadays and not yellow like when i was a kid. But if something really profound changes, then i will freak out (again) but some spellings and pop culture stuff, i don't care. Anymore.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Absolutely agree Gordi. No flames here. I'm moving to Scotland.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Yeah, I don't think about it anymore either.

Have a good Morning everyone! I'm off to dreamland!

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
on that note:

ALBA FOREVER!

Where are you again Gordi?

My immediate family hails from Lanarkshire, but going back a bit, Ayrshire, Glasgow, and then back a bit further Midlothian, Perthshire, Angus, Edinburgh, Rossshire, Forgetting-a-few-shire and Ireland - mostly in the north and around Co Tyrone.

I am an avid Celtic supporter. Also partial to Albion Rovers.

In an age where our current federal parliament here in Australia are gripped with a citizenship crisis, I am looking to obtain my birthright, which is Scottish/British citizenship. Though I live here for now, I hope when finances are more fruitful I can go back hame! For good!

PS: Me da says my family came over because they were Thatcher refugees.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
on that note:

ALBA FOREVER!

Where are you again Gordi?...

PS: Me da says my family came over because they were Thatcher refugees.

I'm Lanarkshire too!
Just South of Glasgow.

Yes, Thatcher has a lot to answer for!

G

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Good Morning/afternoon or whatever it is for you Auroraaus and Gordi and everyone else!

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Easterhouse (before and during WW2), Baillieston and ye olde Coatbridge for us. And in Glasgow around the Tollcross area, Sandymount, Mt Vernon etc.

Howdy Night Star
It's now morning. Nearly lunch.

*offers a plate of sandwiches to the Shed*

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

Good Morning to you! I wish you a truly lovely day!

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Good Morning!

So this is my ATS post number 200. I want to use it to wish you all readers and writers 200 smiles and hugs to use when needed.

*moves at a very lazy pace towards the sauna to start warming it up.*

I have a few cans of to drink while i am chilling the sauna heat away from my body. But absolutely zero plans of getting wasted today. Not much mental pain to suppress at the moment and i don't drink alcohol for celebration.

Edited to add some basic Finnish in comic style. We don't have prepositions here, we just add stuff to the end of the word. That is why i find it often difficult should i say "on this and that..." "in this and that" "at this and that" to make it grammatically correct English.

Fact based comic
edit on 22-9-2017 by Finspiracy because: added a comic for no specific reason

edit on 22-9-2017 by Finspiracy because: Edited again due to a few dumb typos

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

Easterhouse (before and during WW2), Baillieston and ye olde Coatbridge for us. And in Glasgow around the Tollcross area, Sandymount, Mt Vernon etc...

Ahh, that explains the Celtic thing then!! LOL
It's the Old-Firm game this weekend! and I am DREADING it!!!! (Yes.... I'm a closet Blue-nose!)
I think Celtic will win by 3 or 4 clear goals.

@everyone - I'm heading off to "mysterious Island" (Millport!) for the weekend and might not be online, so I'll wish you all a happy weekend now.

HAPPY WEEKEND!

BigG

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Don't worry - Half my family are Celtic, Half are Rangers - figures half are catholic and half are proddys

You're not in an Orange band are you? My cousins are in two different ones, one plays the flute, the other is a braw drummer

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Hell Noooooooooooooooo! LOL

I am not religious in any way shape or form.
I have my own wee acoustic duo (called BlonnaHooley!) where I sing and play guitar, but I used to play drums in a rock band for MANY years (hence the username!)

G

(PS - you can see me here in the shed in several musical collaboration videos with our Tom (Errollorre) IF you're a glutton for punishment!)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I think it is awesome that someone knows that detailed info about their ancestry and origins as you. I know of plenty of details of my parents. something about my grandparents and a minor detail about my great-grandfather.

I wish i knew more, about where i actually came from, not that race or DNA stuff matters to me too much... i am not in a position to judge anyone and if i feel like doing it, i will do it based on their behavior, what they say, what they do, how they treat ones around them. Not about skin color or religious stuff and all that...

Sauna was great! having a cold beer right now. The beer is cheap and low-quality, much like it's current drinker, fin! (excessive self irony is a coping mechanism but this was actually meant to be uplifting, if anyone catches my drift)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you for this Night Star.
Hi everybody.

Yes, my life has exploded and I'm in the shell-shocked/crying/shaking/terrified stage right now.

I miss you all desperately, feeling very alone in the world. Apparently I'm lousy at reaching out, so this has literally taken me days, just to log in. (Thank you to those who have messaged me.)

I hope everyone is well.
Love you all,
jacy

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Hey jacygirl. We've never met but I'm sorry to hear things are bad right now. Sending you positive vibes and well wishes from The Netherlands.

Hugs
Driver

(P.S. The toilets are cleaned, I just got finished with my chores)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you for this Night Star.
Hi everybody.

Yes, my life has exploded and I'm in the shell-shocked/crying/shaking/terrified stage right now.

I miss you all desperately, feeling very alone in the world. Apparently I'm lousy at reaching out, so this has literally taken me days, just to log in. (Thank you to those who have messaged me.)

I hope everyone is well.
Love you all,
jacy

I am so sorry and glad that you were able to reach out.
Tell us what (if anything) we can do.
You may feel alone physically but, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
And if you need something a little different...

I'm down for that too!
((((hugs)))) my friend!

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Aww thank you LightSpeedDriver, I really appreciate that. I'm one of the original Shed gang.

I know you because I have lurked here without logging on (it made me feel less alone).
The best people I've ever known are the ones I met here (Shed family & ATS family).

I'm feeling too raw to write much, but I really do appreciate your message.
jacy

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
jacygirl Lurking you say? Original member too...? Well, er, I'll behave more, I promise! Maybe I need more chores...

Good luck to Gordi with the football! Blue-nose? Okaaaay... Two beers and I'll wear blue nose paint all day. Correction. 4 beers. After 6 beers I'll forget it, extra time!

Finspiracy. I find it amazing too how people know all that stuff. Family history I guess, often told through the generations? Some of the things I heard from family members about other family members are best not remembered. LOL

"Oh he was a terrible man..."

"Oh she had a mean temper on her..."

"Oh it was like a warzone at times..."

All exaggerations of course but thats family. Friends you choose, family you don't.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

So good to see that you have branched out from your pain to be here with us today.
You missed here every day by me and others.

new topics

top topics

<< 185  186  187    189  190  191 >>

join