It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 170
<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Hi Fin! I haven't had tacos in a while. I'll have to put that down on my list for my next grocery trip. Great to see you Hun! I hope life is treating you well.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Doctor's appointment today. Gah!

Just popping in to wish everyone a beautiful day. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll see a couple of story entries and people stopping in for a visit. Have fun, but behave. I can say that in the same sentence right? LOL

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Happy Friday Shedizens!

*starts handing out coffee, donuts, and bacon*

*waves to Finspiracy, chiefsmom, and Night Star*

Nice sequel entry, Gordi!

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Happy Friday Hun! I will be leaving soon. Have a great day!

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Good luck with your appointment, Mayor. I trust it will go well.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Grateful my house is guarded by Holy angels. Would hate to see a vindictive human try and use a dragon for its nefarious purposes.

Holy angels have great powers 😏

I think you misinterpreted my story. It was purely an early-morning wake-up call for Night. No vindictiveness involved! She said (the evening before) she had to get up early. I doubt Pixies and Elves could have made enough noise to awaken her, which is why I trusted that the dragons would be a more effective alarm clock.

Disclosure: I need a bomb exploding next to me to wake me up. Or a very loud alarm clock. Bagpipes might work too...

Ah well, I tried....and failed and gave the wrong impression. Story of my life.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

I wonder if our Tom has the time to write a wee bit of the story now.... from Troll the trolls perspective under the bridge...?

Now, that would be fun!

Gx

I immediately thought of a story.
But unfortunately I didn't know when I would find the time to write it.

Then as I was taking my morning walk I had an idea.
I would simply tell the tale.
So as I walked along i took out my phone and filmed myself telling the story.

Now some problems did arise.
At least three times as I told my story I approached a jogger so I would stop until they passed then start recording all over again.

Finally the last attempt went fairly well.
Except at the very end.
As I approached the last sentence in my story two pickup trucks drove up this narrow gravel road.

Now trucks are never on this road.
For that matter, the number of joggers was higher than normal.
perhaps it was because I was out later than usual.
But the trucks, well this is a once a year event.

It looks like they were part of preparations for an Autumn festival coming up in the park.
Anyway as I reach the end of my story you'll see panic on my face as I rush to finish and get out of the way of the approaching vehicles.

So here is a video of my telling of my part of the story.
(The last line that I rush to say is "It is not good! Troll hate!")

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Bagpipes might work too...

Hi LightSpeed!

So, back when the lovely Mrs. Shepherd and I married, we had the groom's dinner at a British restaurant near where the rehearsal had been, as my wife and I share a fascination with the UK. I hired a bagpipe player for the event. The faithful piper - complete with a kilt and tam o' shanter - was waiting for her in the entryway, playing enthusiastically.

It was so loud, my wife reports all she could think of was getting away from him. Of course, knowing she was the bride, the piper dutifully followed her.

I believe her ears were ringing the entire dinner. We can laugh about it now but she was not particularly pleased with it at the time.

Point being - Bagpipes would DEFINITELY work.

edit on 9-8-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Awesome, Sir Palindrome!

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I find your tale hilarious, especially that the piper followed her as was his duty. I blew my ears up a long time ago, there are few sounds that are too loud for me these days. But hey, at least you are still married!

I must admit to a Scotch/Irish Whisky reversal, I prefer the sound of Uilleann pipes because they can bend notes into a mind-bending blending of speed, music and mystic-sounding tones.

Regardless, all Gaelics can play music well!
edit on 8/9/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Indeed, we are still quite happily married. Marriage takes work, of course, and I occasionally hire a bagpiper just to remind her how wonderful I am.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
For those who are following the progression of my story, Falling (and for anyone who would like to start following Falling
), I have posted a new episode. As always, you can use the link in my signature to go to the beginning of the story, or you can follow this link to hit the new post directly: Falling: An Epic Fantasy - Kolaan Jessed
edit on 9-8-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I knew what you meant and loved what you wrote for me! I did explain to Sheye that our dragons are harmless unless they get pissed at an enemy. You must write more!!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

Good luck with your appointment, Mayor. I trust it will go well.

Thank you dear Shep! Well, all my tests came back great. I'm just vitamin D deficient which most folks are. Whatever that tumor thing is on or near the adrenal gland does not look cancerous and is not interfering with anything. I have a cat scan coming up next. Damned dumb Doctor screwed up by not putting a code in for a certain blood test I had today. That is the one I told you guys I was going to fire because he infuriated me last time, which is pretty hard to do.

So that's done and over with and I can breathe a sigh of relief for now.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Sir Errollorre my dear friend, thank you sooo much for adding to Gordi's story and in a video besides! OMG, loved it!!!! Hugs! Do you tell Gail bedtime stories? Because...well, with the imagination and voice you have, I would be asking for them if I were her. You're never too old for a bedtime story!

I was probably in my forties when my Mother finally stopped asking when I was going to grow up. She gave up on me ever having kids too and accepted that she would she would always be a kitty Grandma, or fishy, or rat, or turtle or ferret or whatever other animal I had. LOL

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Pretty sure there are some dragons hanging around that you can sic on the doctor.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Oh don't think for a moment I haven't thought of that. LOL

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

"Night look!" shouted Pesky as she jumped up and down excitedly. Night turned her head to see what had caught her little friend's attention. Amongst the ancient trees and fallen leaves was a winged unicorn wandering about. It held the grace and beauty that only enchanted lands could ever know. It had a long curly white and silken mane and tail that blew in a rush of wind. Her massive pinions spread wide in a breath taking display of snow white feathers. Strong muscles rippled beneath her taught white hide. "Hush." replied Night as they sat in silence on a fallen log to watch.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Boom! Hello Shed people!

I just woke up for a little while. It is now 01:22 AM in Finland. Feeling disoriented, i drink (alcohol) again but not in an abusive way. I have a past of drinking until i pass out or until i run out of alcohol. And i have my sober periods. Sometimes weeks, sometimes months. But lately i have drank in a moderate way, slight buzz but nothing to be worried about. I don't know why, but i am happy about it.

Night Star: yeah i recommend having tacos, good thing you put that down for your memo of things to buy when you shop for groceries next time. I made a massive load of the meat sauce, first with tacos and during this weekend it is to be eaten with spaghetti or potatoes.

So technically it is Saturday now, an hour and a half after midnight following Friday. But my "Tomorrow" does not begin until i wake up after a night of sleep, it does not begin (for me) when it actually begins, after midnight when day changes. No alcohol for me this Saturday, i have to be in a good shape (no hangover) on Sunday. My best friend has a 3 year old daughter and i meet them both. The girl is a little positive ray of sunshine. Always happy, and she turns my mood into better always too. She likes animals too just like her father and me. And the father has 2 cats, i think i will buy some deluxe cat food for them. And for the little 3 year old lady, i already have bought her a bag of 100% organic raisins. The mother of the little kid likes to keep things natural and organic, so not much candy or ice cream, but sometimes.

Oh and about children in general: i have faith in them. Future generations. Everyone's happiness or unhappiness is related to them. The little tiny boys and girls of today, some day they are adults and may discover a way of neutralizing nuclear waste, find a way to have clean and risk-free energy, end wars and other good stuff. And i feel that if i help children now, if i play with them and share my knowledge of the world, maybe the children will help me when i am old and weak. I have plenty of friends and family members who have children but for some reason i don't want to be a father myself. But yeah, god bless children and animals, they have some purity that many adults seem to have lost during their path of life.

Now another cigarette and back to bed after that, trying to sleep some more.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

What a lovely and inspiring post dear Fin! Enjoy your company when they arrive and tell us all about it when you have time. May magic and the sweetest dreams take you on a wondrous journey as you slip off to dreamland.

edit on 8-9-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join