It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 168
<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Morning Sheye! So good to see you!!!!!!! It is Accasia, a kingdom of the Shed lands, we have dragons and Angels and all kinds of wondrous beings here. Our dragons are harmless unless an enemy arrives and then...look out! Hugs!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Took a quick look at the weather report, though you can't always count on that. Severe thunder storm watch, possible hail or flash floods. Might miss my area. I do hear thunder right now, or was that the dragons? I'll get dressed now in case my friend wants to leave early. Be back soon.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Mornin' Shed-heads! Shep in da haus.

Hope you all are having a lovely morning/afternoon/evening!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Morning Sheye! So good to see you!!!!!!! It is Accasia, a kingdom of the Shed lands, we have dragons and Angels and all kinds of wondrous beings here. Our dragons are harmless unless an enemy arrives and then...look out! Hugs!

Morning Night Star... I do pop in from time to time to check up on the shed.
😁

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hello Shep! I'm here for maybe another hour before I go out with my friend and will be home this evening. Hope you and the Mrs. and the Shepherditos are well.
Hugs!

Everyone gets a hug today.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Yes, but we miss you when you're not here. Hope you are having a lovely day!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Had it out with dad today. I won the fight for now but the war is still to be fought later on this afternoon. I sense I'll be back later to tell you all about it.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Hi Night Star! They're doing fine. Chugging away at school each day.

a reply to: LookingForABetterLife
Hang in there Blue. Sometimes a confrontation, as unpleasant and uncomfortable as it may be, is what is needed to begin breaking the wall down. I realize in your situation you're not dealing with a man who is always calm & rational, but I believe anyone can change.

*waves* to Sheye

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Keep standing your ground my Sheddite Warrior. I'm proud of you! He has to come to the realization that trying to control the family and continued conflicts are not to be tolerated. Hugs!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Goodbye Blue and Shep and whoever is hanging around!

Must run! Love you all! Someone keep an eye on Pesky for me. Yea right. LOL

Tea party anyone?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The whooshing sound got louder as Gordi rounded the corner and peered down the craggy forest trail, into the murky darkness between the massive pine trees.
It sounded a bit like a small waterfall, except that it was pulsating rhythmically - almost mechanically?

He'd first noticed the strange sound after setting up camp for the night. Gordi knew these woods well and was pretty sure that there was no "waterfall" down this trail, and so he had come to investigate further.
After a few more steps, he paused and tilted his head to try and gauge which direction the sound was coming from. It was definitely up ahead somewhere, but locating it precisely was being made difficult by the muffling effect of the trees, mixed in with the slap-back echoes from the rocky trail he had just clambered down.

It was then that he saw a mysterious purple glow, there in the woods off to his left... He instinctively sank down slowly onto one knee, disappearing into the underbrush, his gaze fixed firmly on the strange ethereal light. It appeared to be moving slightly... gliding through the trees one way and then the other in a slowly swaying dance.

Bemused by this curious spectacle, Gordi methodically and stealthily moved forward, being sure to stay below the horizon-line formed by the rocks behind him (in case his silhouette against the evening sky gave him away) and slowly, surely he edged closer to the swaying purple light and strange sounds.

As he got closer, he noticed a wisp of smoke and the orange glow of a small camp-fire in the clearing just beyond the glowing light, and he was sure that he’d seen the outline of a small figure moving in time with the purple light as it passed in front of the camp-fire. It had been waving a strange hollow stick in the air, and that's what seemed to be making the rhythmic whooshing sounds he'd heard.
He decided to get closer still, but as he placed his leading foot down it caught and snapped a small twig sending a loud CRACK! into the air to mix and dance with the pulsing whoosh of the mysterious waterfall sound.
The purple light immediately sent bright sparkles out in every direction and quickly disappeared from view as a rather husky little voice called out:

“Who’s There? I mean you no harm. I have nothing of value here. I’m just passing through on my way to visit the Elven Elders at Mount Accasia”

Gordi paused for a moment and then stepped out onto the trail once more.

”I am Gordi of the Shed Realm in the land of Accasia, I didnae mean tae startle ye, I heard a strange noise here and was jist tryin’ tae see what ye were up to!”

A loud belly-laugh was swiftly followed by the strange figure of a rugged-looking Dwarf stepping out to greet the big Scot, face-to.... well.... belly! His face beaming with delight.

”I am Pudge, second son of Madigan of Cavernock, and this... is my companion Mixie...

The smiling Dwarf extended his arm and the sparkling purple glow appeared beside him once more and settled on his shoulder in the shape of a small Pixie, dressed in shimmering silvery robes.

”... the strange sound you heard would have been my Swizzer Stick, it's not much of an instrument I suppose, but enough for a poor dwarf and friend to dance to in the woods!...
It is many years since I heard the dulcet tones of a native Scotsman, now tell me... would you be related to the MacLeans of Stornoway at all?”

A big smile spread across Gordi’s face as he extended his arm, nodded at Mixie and shook Pudge’s hand enthusiastically.

”I’m sorry tae say that ah'm not, but your own accent betrays more than just Cavernock – I’ll wager you’ve spent some years in Scotland yerself?

...and with that, the new friends sat down together by the fire... for there were many tales to be told that night!

G

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Awesome, Gordi! How fun was that?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

* waves back *

I started reading your book... excellent writing !

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Oh cool! I hope you enjoy it!

I had a momentous occasion with regard to Falling this past week - I laid out the essentials of the remainder of the story. Pretty excited to have a road to follow now.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Just cause

I hope to get to stop by later, I've missed y'all so much!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Just cause too.

I have missed you but assumed you needed space.

Who am I kidding? I missed your wit and kind words like crazy.

]]]]]]]]]]HUGS[[[[[[[[[[[ to you Wonder Woman. Will you be serving breakfast coffee treats again?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence
I do hope to soon!!!
I have so missed coming by. Work has me hidden is a haze. Now dealing with a bit of personal/work issues. Some good some bad. It will work out but it's hell getting there.

With everything going on I feel guilty just popping in because I don't have time to read along. [[[HUGS]]] But I want you to all know how much comfort you still bring me. Just knowing you are here and being able to log in is so wonderful. It is my special place where I can slip in quietly; and although each soul saw me and sent me a wave of love, a viewer would have thought I had gone unnoticed. I snuggle into my warm corner and read along the wonderful joys of your lives, the painful struggles, the glorious triumphs, the battles won, and the wars lost. Thank you all!!!! Thank you Jane for The Shed, thank you Night for fighting to keep us going, and thank you My Beautiful Shedigans for being the wonderful creatures you are!

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Hope you are OK Marty!
I don't post in the Shed as much, but I do read when I get a chance on planes etc.
I like the lovely WIS (*waves at WIS and my old friends here) have missed your brekkie treats!

Please reach out any time if you need a chat, you have my number. E-Hugs are free and available 24 x7.
xox

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Gordi,What an absolute delight to read your amazing story entry when I got back and had time to get in here! I can't tell you how much I loved reading your work. Please continue this when time allows!!!!

Shep,It's amazing how in depth your story is and how the fires of your imagination always burn bright!

Jess,You are terribly missed around here! I am so glad that you are still able to read along at times and hopefully you will be able to visit more often one of these days. The sooner the better of course. Big Shed Sister hug!

WIS, I always love your winnie the pooh pics and sayings! Brings back warm childhood memories. Lovely to see you tonight.

Zazz,OMG that picture is gorgeous, just like you! Always so happy to see you! Glad that you too are reading along when you can.

Sheye, glad you started reading Shep's book! He has been so creative and dedicated and I always feel bad that I got all behind in his thread. I haven't even begun reading the writer's contest entries yet. I also have books all around the house I've yet to read.

edit on 6-9-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Always my darling! xo

new topics

top topics

<< 165  166  167    169  170  171 >>

join