It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 162
<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Hey Shep!
Coffee pot is on the stove... be with you in 3..2..1...

¬[___]D

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Settle mate !

Your are not far removed from the poms ! (ducks and covers )
Don't start whingeing now !

Nah ... have a massive rant !

You are no whingeing pom.

Yer a tight ass Scotsman ! With a great heart and a wee bit of musical talent with a bent for nice DIY !

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....pzzt! *snort* nom nom yaaaawwwwnnnn

Whoops! Sorry! Dozed off for a second...

What were yeh sayin' agin?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....pzzt! *snort* nom nom yaaaawwwwnnnn

Whoops! Sorry! Dozed off for a second...

What were yeh sayin' agin?

I was saying...
"...rock a bye baby in the treetops...
when the wind blows the cradle will rock...."

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

*bonk* zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

...the sound of Shep's forehead crashing down onto the keyboard...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

*bonk* zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

...the sound of Shep's forehead crashing down onto the keyboard...

I think "bonk" then zedds means something different in the UK......

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

LOL - oh dear! I find the differences in vernacular fascinating.

I was following your conversation about what "jocks" means in Scotland. In America - at least where I'm from - a "jock" is just a kid in high school who's an athlete - the connotation is typically that they are not particularly good students, but it's not usually a pejorative.

I was a competitive swimmer. We didn't qualify as "jocks" - LOL. Jocks were typically the basketball, baseball, track & field, soccer, and (American) football kids.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

... and straps.

Just sayin'

LOL

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Yeah, that's probably where the term originated, unless I miss my guess. Ahem!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Peeks in the Shed's man cave and finds the gentlemen chatting. Tip toes out to the kitchen for coffee.

'ello my friends! I'm not awake yet even though I slept so late.

I'll sit here sipping coffee and listening in. Carry on.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night Star - I see you. Come on in and have some grilled cow. It's a man cave, there's GOT to be some grilled cow in there somewhere...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Wow, I got invited into the man cave! Reminds of the time when I was a kid and one of the neighborhood boys invited me into the all boys tree house. My brother wasn't too happy about that. LOL

Ok, I'll have some grilled cow. I'll bring the veggies and something delectable for desert.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I remember a funny grilled-cow story...

A guy orders a really rare steak in a restaurant and the waiter asks him just how rare he'd like it?
So the guy replies: "Just cut it's horns off and wipe it's backside!"

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Sorry hun, no veggies allowed. This IS the man cave, after all.

Oh my!

EWWW!

I will say a friend of mine used to like his bacon so rare we referred to it as the "Trichinosis special".

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Gordi, Eeeeeew! My Dad always liked his steak really rare.

Shep, ok no veggies. I'm more interested in the desert than the food anyway. LOL

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Me too!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Hahaha, kindred spirits!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
To all the denizens of the Shed and lurkers. May your troubles fade away, may you find peace and magic in every day.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Never stop dreaming. Continue your journey through life, one step at a time toward a life unfolding, through the storms and the serenity and all the memories and things yet to be.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
As so much has been changed or shut down since Hurricane Harvey came here I'm drained by the emotions of all involved. Keep in mind that the Houston area and adjoining counties equals an area a bit bigger than the State of New Jersey. Thousands of people have lost their homes. Much more people than in the past do not have flood insurance. Sure, most are getting the help they need to get out of the flooding but many, many animals are left shivering in the water with no place to go. This hurts me dearly. The Houston area has turned into the old Soviet Union as grocery stores are shortening the hours they are open. Many people wait in line to get something to eat there but are limited in the amount of time they can spend in the stores. What stores that are open have limited goods for sale anyway. Government and rescue vehicles get priority over the average citizen when it comes to purchasing gasoline, that is if it can be found at a nearby gas station. Some roads and highways are restricted to use by the government and rescue vehicles as well. If I remember correctly, Soviet era cars weren't the best made in the world and it took almost 10 years to get one. With the millions of cars flooded in Houston, we have the same issue. The flooded cars are going to be junk to drive and it will be about 10 years before I would feel comfortable buying a Houston area car. Yes, I know that there are ways to check a car for signs of flooding but the worlds, not a perfect place.

The above may be a bit over dramatic, but it's how I feel this week. Each day seems to be taking years to get come to an end as well as all I can do is sit here and face the computer. I've gone without two doctor appointments this week as they were closed and I couldn't get there anyway. Next week's appointment is still uncertain. The only good news is that I have a new appointment to see the heart surgeon. I think that is on the 18th of September.

I'm not rereading this to proof it. I'm letting Grammarly do the work for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 159  160  161    163  164  165 >>

join