It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 153
<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
OK, Sheddizens - gotta go get a hole poked in my arm. Talk to you all later!

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
As I never cared for the background music while playing the Civilization games and others I always turn the in game music off. Below music makes a good substitute for me.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Love the music in that video!!!!!!! Great stuff for story writing.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd
a reply to: Night Star

The Shed has an angel, and a shepherd.
And some wolves. Er, and pixies. And a phoenix.

Um, dragons, too. Rather a lot of them, actually.

And some really big sheep. Can't forget the sheep.

Or the troll.

OMG you didn't mention Elves. To the time out room. NOW! LOL

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Oh I see Driver has popped in. Hello Driver!!!!!

Hope Sheddites and lurkers are having a lovely day!

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Hi Night Star. Sorry I got a little uppity. Some people seem unable to use the toilet correctly. Ah well....

/me starts scrubbing

(I too share toilets with six other people. No-one likes cleaning...)

ETA: I replied to the wrong person. Must be all the bleach.

edit on 22/8/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well, but...but...Elves are totally a given in the Shed!
I mean, have you met the Mayor? She's an elf!

Oh wait...

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Driver LOL

Shep, LOL, all is forgiven.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Think I better dance now....

P.S. Give it a minute

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I don't know how I missed this earlier. WTH did I just watch? Can't we just have some heavy metal? LOL

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Can't we just have some heavy metal? LOL

You asked and I delivered.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Awwwww, thank you Cutie!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The latest SHORT STORY contest thread is now Live...

LINK to Sept Writers Contest thread

cheers!

G

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Good Morning my lovely Shedhooligans!

I’ve hesitated writing to you about the eclipse on Monday as the words are, still, difficult to string together and I’m sure will be inadequate and scarcely touch the surface of how it looked, felt and left me feeling small and utterly astounded.

The clouds had begun, that morning, to threaten our view of the sun. They weren’t storm clouds looming but, fluffy white cumulus although as the temperature began to rise I did fear them being a precursor to bad weather. Thankfully the storms never came and locally we were able to view all 5 stages of the eclipse perfectly. It began at 12:02 PM (CST) here with totality at approximately 1:30 PM (CST).

In the 10-15 minutes before totality, there was an interesting and stray breeze/wind that flew by and the birds hit the feeders with a great energy or enthusiasm. It was somewhat different than their usual twilight feedings, it seemed more robust and vigorous. I’m thinking the ‘timing’ threw them off a bit other than just being alerted to the coming darkness and feeding at dusk being a typical event.

As the shadow grew closer, I felt the chills start at the top of my head and wash over my body all the way to my toes. When only one bead was left, as the moon carried on its journey to cover the sun, the diamond ring effect was brilliant. Cheers and applause erupted all around me as neighbors and town folk celebrated the union of the moon and sun. I was completely speechless and I don’t believe for the next 2 ½ minutes that I could’ve uttered anything intelligible, although I tried.

Involuntary tears began streaming down my face and my knees literally buckled. I’m not entirely sure that I was breathing. I felt light as a feather in those minutes as if I could have lifted right off to the sky. The corona was a pearly incandescent shade of blue and I was fortunate to see Jupiter but, not Venus. As I raised my arms to take a picture, I realized I was unconsciously and uncontrollably shaking. The birds had gone away and fell silent. Except for spotty traffic in the background all was silent. Every being and creation seemed awestruck by the amazing display in the sky. I felt entirely and unconditionally at peace.

As the sun winked and began to reappear, I let my body slip to the cool grass and sat spellbound by the magnitude of what I had just witnessed. I thought of how small and powerless we are. I thought of the folks all across the path of totality and what they must have felt and wondered if it was as dramatic and spiritual for them as it had been for me. I felt weak and somewhat lightheaded. I felt joy in knowing that, in my part of the world for those brief moments on Monday August 21, 2017, people joined together to witness and celebrate one of the magnificent displays the universe creates. There was no concern of race, creed or political affiliations. There was no anger, hostility or judgements, just folks feeling joy, amazement and love-peace.

The morning birds began to sing and the cicadas cried alongside me. It was second morning, a new day.

It has altered me and given me a renewed hope. I think that the emotional and spiritual release for me was needed. My two daughters, although on the other side of town from me, were able to experience it together and I am thrilled that they will have that moment and that bond forever in their hearts and memory. Reeling from the effects long into the night, words were difficult, if not nearly impossible to find, in attempts to describe our individual experience to each other.

It was truly mesmerizing and I can hardly wait for my next opportunity in April of 2024 to experience and feel every single second-again.

Much love to you all with peace and (((hugs)))

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
That was beautiful Chirp. Most amazing was how you were able to experience it. That my friend gives me hope. That there are people who have a heart and soul that still can feel deeply and truly.

]]]]]]]]HUGS[[[[[[[[[[

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
That was beautiful Chirp. Most amazing was how you were able to experience it. That my friend gives me hope. That there are people who have a heart and soul that still can feel deeply and truly.

]]]]]]]]HUGS[[[[[[[[[[

I simply HAVE to believe!

Your description was fantastic as well and wise of you to not go into the water at that moment. Just in case...

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
You might not know this but that's also from the movie Heavy Metal.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Morning Shedizens -

Both yours and WalkInSilence depictions of eclipses were beautifully written - lush, gorgeous descriptions of a very special event. Thank you both for sharing.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hello Everyone!

Chirp that was such a beautiful description!

I'm so sorry but I'm running late and have to leave. I won't be home until tonight, but had to come in say hello and that I love you all!

Have a wonderful day!

top topics

<< 150  151  152    154  155  156 >>

join