It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

C H O O S E C O F F E E !

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

According to what I heard, one side of my family originated in Ireland, moved through Wales and ended up in a coal-mining location in the north of England. (Sheffield) There's some Gaelic in there somewhere I guess, along with Roman, Viking, Saxon and who knows mixed in.

ETA: Apparently some bright spark back in the day decided to change our surname to something really really English. Smith. My surname. Have you ever tried checking into a hotel with your girlfriend of several years who is NOT Mrs. Smith? Oh it's hilarious....not! I can feel the looks, hear the unspoken opinions and sense the disgust that me, a shameless blameless individual, dares to check in with a woman who is not my spouse with the obviously fake name of Smith. True story.

edit on 12/8/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Well... the Irish & Scots share very much of their DNA, history etc.
We Scots see the Irish as our close Celtic cousins!
As a matter of fact... the "original" Scots people (who gave their name to the country), were the Scotti tribe who came over from..... yup, Ireland!

Have you heard of the Dan or Danaan?
"Tuatha de Danaan"?
There is a theory that in ancient times, Ireland was populated by the displaced Israelite tribe of Dan, as was Denmark (Danmark). If you are of Irish descent.... chances are that you're of the Dan!

EDIT TO ADD:
Guess what my Surname is?
edit on 12-8-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a PS

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Ummm... McDanald? I know, stupid joke but I really have no idea.

ETA: Do you speak Scottish? If an Irish person speaks Gaelic can you understand it? Do you even like Irish people with their sub-standard Whisky? I vaguely understand there were some Celts, and Picts in the mix too. English schooling is severely lacking in all things not English and Imperial.

edit on 12/8/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

Well... the Irish & Scots share very much of their DNA, history etc.
We Scots see the Irish as our close Celtic cousins!
As a matter of fact... the "original" Scots people (who gave their name to the country), were the Scotti tribe who came over from..... yup, Ireland!

Have you heard of the Dan or Danaan?
"Tuatha de Danaan"?
There is a theory that in ancient times, Ireland was populated by the displaced Israelite tribe of Dan, as was Denmark (Danmark). If you are of Irish descent.... chances are that you're of the Dan!

EDIT TO ADD:
Guess what my Surname is?

I'm throwing myself into this Scotish lot too. I belong to the Irish Hannas who can be traced to the Hannas of Scotland as long back as 1400.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Auld Scots is never really spoken anymore.
I'm from Lowland stock and we never really spoke gaelic anyway - even waaay back then! Many Auld Scots words survive, and I used to own a Scots-English dictionary until I gave it to an American friend of mine!
Yes, Irish (and Welsh) gaelic are very similar, and speakers of Irish gaelic can make themselves understood to Scots Gaelic speakers and vice-versa! But I do not "have the gaelic" myself!

Irish Whiskey (WITH an "e") is bloody awesome!
Lighter and sweeter than your typical Scotch, but same strength and soooo easy to drink!

The Scots are indeed a Celtic race, with a mix of Pict, Viking, Irish, and even Arabian/African elements in there... something to do with being at the "end of the world" back in ancient times... (this was as far as anyone could reasonably get back then!).

My surname is... Smith! ROFL
Hello Cuz!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

/me smiles and falls slowly off stool....

Er...hi!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Hey luke!
Is that Hannas, as in "Hannah"?
Sorbie Castle? Galloway??
The progenitors of all the worlds Hannahs??

Never heard of them! LOL

Just kidding - You are from famous Lowland stock!

(PS - Scot has one "T" but for some strange reason Scottish has two! You might need that when you come over to meet your 'kinfolk!)

G

EDIT TO ADD:
Found this... LINK to ancient history of the Hannahs
edit on 12-8-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to adda link

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Boo! Checking in. Having an awesome time here and been laughing all day. Having some mudslides and feeling great!

I am sitting on the patio with the aroma of some kind of flowers. Ah, life is good for a change. Bought some novelty gift items to put aside for christmas and two bracelets that I didn't need but had to have.

My friend is taking a nap and ummmm... left the bottle of booze with me so... Don't know what condition I will be in when she gets back out here, but I'm sure it will be amusing. Just let me know if I get obnoxious. Uh oh, I'm supposed to be keeping an eye on you guys. Who is supposed to keep an eye on me???

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I guess no one is keeping an eye on me or the shed so I can run amuck.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
I'm still awake but only just, it's almost 2am here. One last drink before bed. Tomorrow is Sunday, a good day to waste away sleeping, eating and thinking slowly.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Sometime before they moved to the USA they change Hannah to Hanna to now confuse themselves with others they may have been related to. lol

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Only Driver and Blue posted since I last checked in? Sorry I missed you guys earlier. I'm in for the night now. At least the dog didn't steal my socks this time.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Forgot to mention earlier for those who don't know,I have Irish and Welsh ancestors. Also French and some Native American on both sides.

Where is the night shift???

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Where is the night shift???

Did you not receive the party invite or........

Perhaps ........

They did not invite you

Try out back of the shed.

P

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Guess I missed the invite while I was having a party of my own.

How are you mighty Wolf Lord? When will you make us a story entry?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

WHen I have the time, I have a nice love story. Do you think I need a trigger warning in the Shed. Lol.

Two Great Wolves mating ... what could go wrong.

P

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Sounds good to me Pheonix, I say go for it.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Sliding in for a few minutes here while watching one of the rail cams on Youtube. I'm watching the cam at Ashland, Virginia and it is pouring the rain all the while no trains are running. I haven't been on much and there is a good reason as to why. I haven't really had the time to come on and check in to see what has been going on in here. My step dad was in the hospital for the past two weeks with a severe case of diverticulitis. The case he had was pretty bad as they had to go in and remove part of his colon that had got infected and had attached itself to his abdomen wall. He's been out of the hospital since this past Tuesday and he seems that he is in good spirits after having to undergo at least two surgeries.

I've been trying to stay busy for the past week or so since he was in the hospital for the better part of two weeks. We'll start it off last Saturday when the rail grinders made an appearance. Heading east to start grinding their way back west towards Barboursville, West Virginia and the Logan Subdivision. Loram rain grinders RGS 9 and RGS 414 roll east along the Kanawha Subdivision headed for Montgomery, West Virginia.

Another one of the oddball moves that I caught this past week was a Norfolk Southern SD40-2 running as a lite power move. Moving towards the yard at South Charleston, West Virginia. A lone Norfolk Southern SD40-2 glides through town on its way back west this past Sunday. That wasn't the first time I saw that unit between 4PM Sunday and 2AM Monday morning.

Here's that very same locomotive coming back east a few hours later with a welded rail train bound for Aberdeen, North Carolina.

The last one that I have put on Youtube and on my Facebook was kind of a surprise to see. After being sent east on a manifest on Sunday and being taken off at either Hinton, West Virginia or Clifton Forge, Virginia. A pair of CITIRAIL ES44ACs bring empty coal train U154 back towards the coalfields for another load of black diamonds this past Monday.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Good to see you Chooch! Glad your Step Father is out of the hospital! You always take such amazing photos and should be a professional photographer, really! Have a great day Hun!

new topics

top topics

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join