It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Love that tune Blue Dude ... it has a real old time gospel feel to it. The 2017 version is much better sound quality but it's cool to watch the older version. Don't think I've ever heard it before , so once again thank you very much for sharing.. enjoyed that very much .

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Oh no, I believe I wasn't clear. Gin is the precipice one longs to ascend but sadly lacks the ability to conquer.
Now who started this odd exchange? Was it Gordi?
I fail to comprehend your interpretation. Well done though.
I must slumber. Or I should. Perhaps I won't.
My day was to say the least lousy. I have a fever, was sent home from work and pray I can work tomorrow. Among other "crap" things.

This is why I hide in here. At least I can imagine prosperity.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Jeff Martinson "Jesus in Jeans"

Jeff was a former sound manager for J.J. Cale. We met Jeff at Exit 6C in Tulsa which was one of the three clubs that were right next to each other that he owned in down town Tulsa. Does anyone remember David Cook from American Idol? This is where he worked as a bartender and sometimes singer.

Via Jeff, my wife met J.J. Cale who was like a grandfather to her before his death. As J.J. worked with Eric Clapton she was able to hang out with time when he was in town.

OMG Blue... you are blowing me away with this info !!!!

JJ Cale was probably my favorite musician and your wife knew him ! He seemed like such a cool dude with so many great songs . Eric Clapton's guitar festivals were great to watch as well.

One of my all time favorites by JJ Cale , though I have to admit I have many favorites.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The below is a memorial to a fine Tulsa Musician who performed with many others in what became known as the Tulsa Sound.
BTW he met Carrie Underwood when they both were inducted into The Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame and he said that she was a very nice young lady. I can't remember how many cars that he had in his collection but my wife got to drive many of them. In the first video on Rocky's page is a building known as "The Church" which has been a recording studio owned by Leon Russell.
www.rockyfrisco.com...

A description of who the Tulsa Sound was made up of is in the below file. BTW Tommy Tripplehorn's daughter is Jeanie Tipplehorn who has acted in such movies as "The Firm", "Waterworld" and on TV such as in "Criminal Minds"
en.wikipedia.org...

I can't let this go without mention our friends at RadioRadio. Especially Paul Christiano (the bass player). As Paul and I met once a week after my wife's death for me to have someone to talk to.

My wife was a radio DJ at two different colleges. She played guitar in a country band. Served as a recording engineer for a Grammy winning musician and has met or worked with about 150 celebrities.

My wife with the red hair dancing to a song by Drez of Sextion 8
edit on 8 11 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

edit on 8 11 2017 by LookingForABetterLife because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thanks so much for finding the video

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
a reply to: Sheye

Thanks so much for finding the video

Thank you for posting this awesome stuff !!! Your wife sounds like someone I would have loved to chat with.

No wonder you miss her so much Blue Dude 😕... she sounds like she had incredible talent for what she did.
I still can't believe she knew JJ Cale personally , like a grandfather ... lucky lady !

You made my evening by sharing all these tunes and stories Blue. I'm in awe of you wife .. lol.. God bless her soul.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
G'night shedites .. going to go play at WSOP for a bit and . off to zzzzz land.
Sweet dreams everyone 🙂

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

I have an amusing Gin Tale to tell if any one is so inclined?

I saw no uptake of your kind offer to amuse us.
I'm keen WIS !

A big hello to all ...

Some great tunes in here ... thanks Blue for sharing your Wife's stellar career ... some pioneering muso's
in the mix there !

@Night, hope you set the wrath of scorned dragons onto the asses of the incompetent ones !

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Made a thread in memory of Woodwardjnr our blue owl who many loved so much. Please share a little message and perhaps a message on his Mum's wall. I left a link in the thread. I got behind in here and apologize. Packed for my overnight stay at my friends and took a nap. Multitasking right now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

All over it ... Gortex gave me the .s up 😎

In memorium of one of the good guys ...

Hope his Mom sees this forum and can take from it the goodness that is rife ...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I left her a message in a PM.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Hold on a minute...I thought the English won the war? You mean to tell me that the reason Gin is nasty is because it is made from 3rd grade unwanted Whisky by-products? Now I understand why the Romans built that wall! And I feel robbed! To be honest, beer is better, ordering a pint of Gin makes people stare....

What war?

Gin is made from a raw "neutral" spirit alcohol, the single biggest producer of which (in the UK) is the Scottish Whisky Industry. So most "London" Gins are (were) produced using raw British Spirits from Scotland, although many producers now distill their own, since Whisky sales have steadily risen and the Whisky distillers hold on to more of their own raw spirits!

The raw British Spirit is what they would "lay down" in wooden barrels to mature into Whisky over the years, so maybe technically I shouldn't really have used the term "by-product"... because it actually IS the product but... in it's raw immature state!

I agree wholeheartedly with your good self and super WIS! - Scotch Whisky is a MUCH MORE complex, smooth, intriguing, interesting and satisfying drink, (because we leave it for many years to develop and mature unlike Gin, Vodka etc which takes a matter of hours/days!!) BUT... I like to experiment! It is good to try out new things and to explore new flavour combinations and because Scotch Whisky is already so complex and close to perfection
I prefer to experiment mixing new flavours into neutral spirits (like Gin) because it's less likely to go wrong and I wouldn't be wasting a nice Whisky if it did!!

btw - did you know that gin was widely used to mask the acrid taste of Quinine, which was the only real treatment for malaria available back in the day? The bitter taste of quinine is what was later used to "flavour" Tonic water (but in smaller doses!!) For MANY YEARS I thought I hated Gin, but it turns out that it was the Tonic water that I hated!!! ROFL

WooHoo!! - a whole new genera of drinks to play with!!!

Man, I can "go on"! I'm turning into the Scottish version of kaelci!!!
(Just kidding B!!!)

G

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Oh no, I believe I wasn't clear. Gin is the precipice one longs to ascend but sadly lacks the ability to conquer.
Now who started this odd exchange? Was it Gordi?

Well, I'll no doubt get the blame anyway... so.... yeah, probably me... for drinking my home-made flavoured Gins! LOL

I fail to comprehend your interpretation. Well done though.
I must slumber. Or I should. Perhaps I won't.
My day was to say the least lousy. I have a fever, was sent home from work and pray I can work tomorrow. Among other "crap" things.
This is why I hide in here. At least I can imagine prosperity.

Oh no!
To Bed With You at Once!
I'll tuck you in and provide a nice Hot Toddy of Whisky, Honey & Lemon.
We can't have our WIS in an unfit state to banter!!

Gx

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

I was kidding about the war!

I stand in awe of your alcohol knowledge. It sounds like you may have worked in the industry too or it is an extreme hobby.

I was aware that tonic was was used to combat malaria but that's all I know about gin. Oh, and it was a huge problem in England at one point. Gin Lane. A ban was placed on importing some forms of alcohol in order to stimulate the economy and native alcohol production.

I avoid spirits these days because it's better for me but my favourite tipple was whisky and ginger ale, preferably dry ginger ale.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Hello Gordi! The Scottish version of Kaelci? Bahahaha!

Hello Driver! My favorite drink is a black Russian but today I will be away at a friend's house overnight and we will be having mud slides. Drinks have such funny names sometimes.

Wishing everyone a great day with much love! I will be leaving around noon. Try to behave and keep an eye on the place for me. I'll be checking in while I am away when I can.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I just googled mudslides. Fancy shmancy, as if one alcohol variety is not enough, it's three! (The Mudslide is a decadent mix of vodka, Kahlua and Bailey's Irish Cream.) I have a friend who makes "B-52"'s which is also three layers layered on top of each other. It requires a steady hand and some patience, not my best quality when it comes to alcohol... Plus I hate the lack of volume of liquid. It's over too soon....

In any case, have fun and enjoy!

Seeing as we have a few movie fans here, if you are a fan of the original, Trainspotting 2 is even better. One scene...."Choose Life!"

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Hiya Driver! That looks like a great movie! Thanks for the link! I'll be leaving soon and I will finally have a great time. I've Been depressed and desperately need it. Hugs!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Seeing as we have a few movie fans here, if you are a fan of the original, Trainspotting 2 is even better. One scene...."Choose Life!"

Oh my... You know what?

Earlier today i realized that i haven't seen any movies for a long time. So i started thinking which one should i check out? So i ended up with two alternatives, Deadpool and Trainspotting 2. And between those two, i ended up with Trainspotting 2. I was just about to go buy some pizza and chocolate for the evening and for the movie, and it popped into my mind that i could check The Shed out. And here you are stating that it is good. I believe they have a word for this, synchronity maybe? coincidence perhaps. But nevertheless, a very odd feeling, me being not too much of a movie person, then decide to watch one out, preparing to see, and here you are recommending it. How cool! I will be back at some point later to tell you my thoughts about the movie.

To everyone in the Shed, peaceful thoughts and warm smiles to you i say.

Night Star: I hope you get the break from you depression, and new power to battle that ugly beast within.

With best regards
A Finnish dude who has just recovered from sleep deprivation and is loaded with good coffee.
edit on 12-8-2017 by Finspiracy because: Dumb typo, there are probably others too i missed

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Were you Scottish in a previous life by any chance?

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Hello Fin! Leaving now. Have a great day/night!

new topics

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join