It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 131
<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
A colourful feel-good video/song for all of us having a hard time. (Posted this recently in the Mood Music thread in case you follow that.)

One of the most creative (and colourful!) videos I have ever seen, without CGI.

A W E S O M E ! ! !

Thanks Light!
G

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Good to here Gordi.

Was imagining you banging on your drums. And got the neighbor all riled up. lol

Cool pic of the dragon.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

Good to here Gordi.
Was imagining you banging on your drums. And got the neighbor all riled up. lol
Cool pic of the dragon.

hehe, "wiznae me!".... this time....

Funnily enough...
My next door neighbour came knocking on my door at 4am this morning.... FOUR in the am!!
Unbelievable.
Luckily, I was still up... playing my drums.
edit on 6-8-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a wee joke

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Driver - Preaching of your sort and boldness are allowed and appreciated here at the shed.
I've cut down drastically on soft drinks, especially those with caffeine in them. The problem I have is finding something to replace them. Our water tastes awfull, I've been using some store brand liquid drink enhancers as recommended by my diabetic dad only to read the ingredients to find sucralose in them all. Fast food is very limited in my diet as I have little money for such food. I avoid microwave food somewhat even though it is a lot easier to prepare in the morning when I am struggling to be awake. I try to avoid monosodium glutamate when I am the one doing the shopping. Finding fresh herbs and spices will be a bit of a challenge as there is no place other than the commercial grocery stores in my area.
Your advice is appreciated and I will keep it in mind. Thank you.

NIght - I love the most recent pictures you have shared with the Shed. Movie night didn't pan out as I had hoped as the online version was of poor quality, not worth watching. I watch a few episodes of Helix then went to bed at 7pm.

Wis - I'll go ahead and add the dream to my dream thread when I feel up to it. Thanks.
The diet thread I was referring to was not for advice but to be written as a complaint as to what I read of this being good for you one week and then the next week the news says it causes cancer and such. I need to find the non-GMO-fluoride-radioactive-cancer causing food and drink which I see is impossible.
Your tips would be appreciated.
Yes, Wis you are kind to me in your own way and I accept that as online friendship.
I'm sharing as much of my mind as I can to get what motivation I can this way. I know that there is no magic answer to this but the Shed is a good place to look for magic. BTW, I like your avatar change.

Hello to everyone else here today as well!

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
Finding fresh herbs and spices will be a bit of a challenge as there is no place other than the commercial grocery stores in my area.
Your advice is appreciated and I will keep it in mind. Thank you....

Hi Luke,
Just a thought but...
Fresh herbs are really easy to grow at home, in small pots/tubs/window boxes etc.... and it's great fun too!

LINK to sparkpeople article
LINK to naturallivingideas article
LINK to BBCGoodFood article

kindest regards,
Gordi

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Thanks Gordi, I will look up those super ideas.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Gordi, I'm relieved you are ok. Got worried when I heard earthquake. Glad you were at a festival and having fun. Loved the dragon!

Hello Kitty Kat! Doing any fishing?

Blue, Gordi's suggestion of having your own herb garden is wonderful. I don't know why, but for me, they don't do well indoors. I have a basil that has been hanging on for a while though. Tough bugger! LOL
Glad you have enjoyed my new pics. I figured some of my pics I have had for so long and I needed a change. The ones I get from facebook are huge though, but they do make an impact and I love them.

Greetings to everyone out there!

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

...Glad you have enjoyed my new pics. I figured some of my pics I have had for so long and I needed a change. The ones I get from facebook are huge though, but they do make an impact and I love them....

Hi Raineyone!

Do you mean the filesize is huge?
If so... That's REALLY easy to fix...

Windows comes with a little "paint" package called (unsurprisingly) PAINT!

When you download a photo from FB (or elsewhere) just open the folder where it's downloaded to (usually called downloads!!)
Right click your mouse on the photo file that you want to reduce, and choose the option "Open With".

That should show you a list of programs that will open the file....
Choose "Paint" from that list.

Once the file has opened in Paint... choose the "Resize" option (near the top of the page), then change the Horizontal and Vertical sizes to 25% (or whatever... have a play with it!!) - this is easier if there is a tick in the "Maintain Aspect Ratio" checkbox (because you only have to change one of the two sizes then!)
The photo on screen should have changed size and you can then save it as a much smaller image (probably better to rename it before saving so that you don't overwrite the original.... unless you want to! LOL)

This sounds way more complicated than it is.... choose a file you don't really care about messing with and have a play with it until you're confident/happy about changing it! You'll be re-sizing images in no time.

(Any problems - fire me a pm!)
G

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Thank Darlin'! One of these days I'll have to try playing around with that...if I remember it all. LOL

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Bookmark (or copy and paste into notepad) the post... leave it open in one tab whilst trying out the instructions on another tab!
G

I'm off to bed!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee!
edit on 6-8-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: clarification

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Sweet dreams Gordi!

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This is actually for Night

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

...Glad you have enjoyed my new pics. I figured some of my pics I have had for so long and I needed a change. The ones I get from facebook are huge though, but they do make an impact and I love them....

Do you mean the filesize is huge?
If so... That's REALLY easy to fix...

Very long explanation. yada yada yada
Edit Gordi, my apologies, but I anticipate you will have a proper retort. I appreciate you can handle a grand bantering.

This sounds way more complicated than it is....

Yes it does and I couldn't help having a good belly laugh. Why is it that guys who refuse to read a manual when asked for help concoct a tidal wave of words that make us dizzy.
I read that and thought 'Jeez, I thought I knew how to do this but now I don't, should I change what I am doing?'
Night. Just open where ever it is you get your pics from.
Click on the pic you wish to use.
A blueish panel is hovering above it all.
Find edit, click.
New screen.
Find resize, click.
Click Pixels
In the top box just type 250
Click OK
Exit and it will ask you to confirm. Confirm.

If you are doing an avatar they have to be different though.

This was fun, now you have to tell us, which explanation answered your question.

(Any problems - fire me a pm!)G

Don't bend to the temptation he will just confuse you even more to maintain his Power Over You

edit on 6-8-2017 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2017 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2017 by WalkInSilence because: edit edit edit. No one reads this, do they?

edit on 6-8-2017 by WalkInSilence because: Because I can

edit on 6-8-2017 by WalkInSilence because: pooh again

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Speaking of bantering.
I miss this eloquent sport, all most non-existent in this ever so serious environment I inhabit.
When I sailed I learned the true value of this preoccupation. We were so darn bored we had to find ways to release the tension.
Non acceptable manners were to speak of problems or to be openly rude. So we played word games and found exquisite ways of teasing, all ways demanding a come back. It was considered rude not to return a challenge.
It was so much fun, it inspired both imagination and logic. But if some one aimed a personal retort the repercussions where immediate. Total silence and disdain.
We couldn't afford to have personal disputes. Depending on each other unconditionally would not allow it.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

OMG, you cracked me up so much, I almost spit my water out! Bahahaha!

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

a reply to: WalkInSilence
OMG, you cracked me up so much, I almost spit my water out! Bahahaha!

Thank You, It had the intended affect. I wanted to be humorous with a little mischief and malevolence added in as spice.
Life is so screwed up I have to come in here and relax.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I really shouldn't be in customer service.
I am too perceptive.
Humans are OK but they all ways send out mixed signals, that I react to at a primal level, which they don't expect because they have become habituated to receive service from what they perceive as 'drones'.

I am not a drone, I read your condescending, arrogant, aggressive body language and I SMILE, little do you know that I read you, I can 'hear' your arrogance, I can feel your disdain.
Why can't you respect me?

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
I really shouldn't be in customer service.
I am too perceptive.
Humans are OK but they all ways send out mixed signals, that I react to at a primal level, which they don't expect because they have become habituated to receive service from what they perceive as 'drones'.

I am not a drone, I read your condescending, arrogant, aggressive body language and I SMILE, little do you know that I read you, I can 'hear' your arrogance, I can feel your disdain.
Why can't you respect me?

Hi!

Yes, the way i see people treat customer service people is sometimes just horrible. I think they are unloading their personal baggage at the customer service person. I say hello and i thank, and usually get a good response. Thanks to all the great people who work to serve others. I respect.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
You have my respect Wis. Every week when my friend and I go out or when my Sister and I go out, we are always all smiles, polite and friendly with people working in restaurants or stores or wherever. There is no reason they should be treated any different than anyone else.

Hello Fin! How have you been?

Watching a movie, but checking in.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

...Edit Gordi, my apologies, but I anticipate you will have a proper retort. I appreciate you can handle a grand bantering.

Oh WIS, I would never give a lady a Grand Bantering... so here goes...

This sounds way more complicated than it is....
Yes it does and I couldn't help having a good belly laugh. Why is it that guys who refuse to read a manual when asked for help concoct a tidal wave of words that make us dizzy.
I read that and thought 'Jeez, I thought I knew how to do this but now I don't, should I change what I am doing?'

"Womens faults are many, but Men have only two....
Everything we say, and everything we do!"

I'd just like to inject that I voluntarily offered my assistance like a true gentleman (without being asked!) and, perhaps incorrectly assumed that, since Night didn't know how to reduce an image filesize... that she might need more detailed instruction on how to do so than would be required by a more "experienced" lady like yourself.
(PS - What's a "Manual"??
)

Night. Just open where ever it is you get your pics from.
Click on the pic you wish to use.
A blueish panel is hovering above it all.
Find edit, click.
New screen.
Find resize, click.
Click Pixels
In the top box just type 250
Click OK
Exit and it will ask you to confirm. Confirm.

That meager set of instructions doesn't work at all for me... let the Games Begin! LOL

(Any problems - fire me a pm!)G
Don't bend to the temptation he will just confuse you even more to maintain his Power Over You

If you think ANYONE has power over our resident Elf.... we are all in serious trouble!!!

@nightstar - I have a solution.... any images that you'd like to reduce in size.... Send them to WIS!

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Good Morning Shedhooligans!

I hope they don't expect any more than that from me at work today LOL
((hugs))

new topics

top topics

<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join