It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 127
<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

So good to see you Sir Shep of the Shedlands! Have you published any of your works yet? You have such a passion for writing and are great at what you do!

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Just found out that my Cousin's husband died. He was out for his daily jog and was found in the road.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Just found out that my Cousin's husband died. He was out for his daily jog and was found in the road.

I'm sorry to read that bad news Night Star 😔... Terribly sad for the family to lose a loved one so unexpectedly.
My thoughts and prayers for the family as well as for you .

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thank you Sweetie! Rather concerned about my Cousin as she is in shock and doesn't even remember being in the ambulance and didn't know how she got to the hospital. She doesn't remember talking to her own Sister. It's going to be really difficult for her.

I'm also worried about a friend in another State for other reasons and my Hubby and his diabetes etc. Seems we all have some kind of problem or another theses days. Thank God for the Shed!

Hope things are going well for you Hun!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Hi there ladies, gents, and misc creatures of The Shed!

Yes, life has been really intense and health seems to be the major theme. I'm sorry Night to hear about your cousin and her family.. Wishing all of you the best. Love to my Sheddite friends!
edit on 3-8-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hang in there Night ... hope the pain and anguish is fleeting with health and happiness just around the corner !!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Thanks Darlin'!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I thought you all would enjoy this photo. I was looking at the national geographic photo contest winners and this one was the #2 honorable mention.

It's called Forest Of The Fairy.

In a remote village in the Tamba region of Japan, twinkling fireflies light up the Forest of the Gods on a summer evening. The fireflies carpet a stairway leading to a small shrine revered by the local people, creating a magical atmosphere.

edit on 3-8-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Crikey !

That looks like the path I follow to get to the Shed !

( admittedly pixies have plied me with moreish beverages .. just for the trek )

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Mornin' Night Star. We had company over last night, so it was a frantic afternoon/evening getting ready. Anyway, that's why I missed this.

No publishing yet. Well, aside from here on ATS. Have to finish the story first. I wanted to finish the story arc that I'm posting in the Falling thread this summer, but that's looking a little grim at the moment. I will try a bit harder.

This is a tragedy. It reminds me both that our lives are fragile, and your life can change completely in a single day. I pray for your cousin and your family.

a reply to: zosimov
*waves*

Zos! Wonderful to see you in the Shed again!

*Waves* to Timely, FauxMulder, and Sheye!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

As long as they are not tsunami's ...

Hope you are well !

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

* waves back * 🙂

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I thought you all would enjoy this photo. I was looking at the national geographic photo contest winners and this one was the #2 honorable mention.

It's called Forest Of The Fairy.

In a remote village in the Tamba region of Japan, twinkling fireflies light up the Forest of the Gods on a summer evening. The fireflies carpet a stairway leading to a small shrine revered by the local people, creating a magical atmosphere.

Beautiful pic ! Fireflies are so intriguing . Thanks for sharing !

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

LOL - nice. No, no tsunamis. More like little gentle ripples.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Hi Shep! It is so nice to see you and thank you for the kind message.

Wow, I just realized how callous my post sounded last night. This has been the year of health crises for close members of my family, month after month now (including today 2 biopsies- my dad and my bro) and quite honestly I am numb.

Love to all, sincerely. If you have your health, enjoy it and if you don't please love on yourself and take care.. it is not easy to recover.

Today is absolutely beautiful outside on a bright note. I'll add a picture of my garden in a moment to show you guys where my happy place is

edit on 3-8-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
Wow, I just realized how callous my post sounded last night. This has been the year of health crises for close members of my family, month after month now (including today 2 biopsies- my dad and my bro) and quite honestly I am numb.

I for one did not find your post at all callous - no worries here.

I understand numb. Whatever our personal burdens are, I suspect at times we simply cannot take any more. Numb is a way to shut down and regroup, reenergize, if you will. Hang in there - Grandma said, "This too shall pass."

Today is absolutely beautiful outside on a bright note. I'll add a picture of my garden in a moment to show you guys where my happy place is

Please do. It is gray with sheets of rain where I'm at.

edit on 8-3-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

That's excellent, zos! Mrs. Shepherd and I are going to try to convert a large section of our front lawn into a garden area, hopefully with a trellis along the walkway for grape vines, pole beans, and cucumbers. All sorts of plans swimming around.

Of course, need to figure out a way to keep the deer out. And the rabbits. Those strawberries are not for you Mr. Fluffy-Bunnykins!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Neat, how fun for you two and it is quite the worthwhile project.. though the battle against nature's whims and pests can get quite emotional at times!

Luckily for us, there is a grocery store around the corner
I also am lucky in that the only types of pests I have to worry about are insects. (No rabbits which is a bit of a surprise).

Hope to see pics when you're done!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Umm, sorry, I had diarrhea, spent much time in the large white telephone cubicle today. Ah well, it's passed now, so it would seem. I think I need to put my janitor coat on again though. Hope your day was better!

Thank you PrairieShepherd for your belated welcome.

ETA: Night Star, my condolences to you and your family. I wish you all much strength in this time of sadness.
edit on 3/8/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hopefully it will not be just the two of us. We have three Shepherditos that will be required to help. Actually, since they're all boys, I'm going to guess I won't be able to keep them away at least at first. They'll work like madmen for about 20 minutes then need a "break", which usually involves food, beverages, a bike ride, a sword battle, a few rounds of dart guns, maybe some more food, then an episode of Transformers or Phineas and Ferb, and maybe a bit more food. Then they come back and tell me they're going out to play with the neighborhood kids, or ask me if I'll play a game with them.

a reply to: LightSpeedDriver
No problem, Light. Glad your feeling better - the scoots are the worst.

new topics

top topics

<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join