It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 124
<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

I am Swedish on my Maternal side ... harking back to Vikings.

Danish on my Maternal side, tracing back to Harald Bluetooth.

( my great great great Grandpa apparently killed his first man by age 14 )

Ahha so that's how you wound up 'down under'.

I have an affinity with the ocean ...

On moms side they all ways said we had sea water in our veins, I took that literally and ended up a sailor.

edit on 31-7-2017 by WalkInSilence because: I am an imbicile

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

You rise and fall with the swell ..

But learn to duckdive the shoredumpers !

😎 ( I have Danish on my Paternal side ... but they were into Golf and sport 😁 )
edit on 31-7-2017 by Timely because: Spelling atrocity ...

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Turn it UP!

Monday Night is PARTY Night in the Shed!

BigG

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Wow! That was great musicianship, vocals and showmanship Gordi! I see you behind those drums! You never shared that in here with us before. You holding back on any others??? What a fun band!

edit on 31-7-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hello Wis and Timely! I have always had a passion for the sea. Dad was a Navy man. Many vacations were spent by the ocean. There is something so magical and soothing with the crashing waves and cries of the gulls and the salty air, soft sand beneath my feet and the wind in my hair, the warmth of the sun kissing my skin etc. Oh and sea shells, sea glass and feathers, must collect those while near the ocean.
I would float around in the water for hours. My Mom and Dad used to call me a mermaid because I was in the water so much. LOL

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You have keen eyes! (Yes, I'm on the drums in that one.)
I can't remember which I've shared and which ones I haven't tbh!
We did make a few over the years with (usually) the same band under different names!

Johnny B.Goode was always one of the more popular tunes when we were playing the pubs & clubs though.

Edit to add:
I found Brown Sugar? (same band... different name... tax reasons... ahem... shh!)

edit on 31-7-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: Add video link

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I think I... may have shared this one already??
G

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Jings!
Digging a bit deeper now!!! ROFL!!

G

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
One of our own songs... for a change!

I think that'll do... for now!

G

PS - BONUS POINTS for anyone who can spot the Marshmallows in this video!!
edit on 31-7-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: I wanted to add a PS

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

OMG Gordi I love you for sharing these! Look at you and the boys rocking out! Very professional! I edited my first reply to add more compliments while you were busy posting these other vids. Wow!!!!!

Sorry, I was too busy watching the band to look for marshmallows. LOL

Thank you so much Gordi! These were amazing!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

You guys are tight (not in a Scottish way!) and I always prefer it when a band plays their own music although for a paying public that is expecting covers I understand the difficulties. I like your Motorhead t-shirt too

ETA: My bad, Motorhome, not Motorhead, but close
edit on 31/7/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Hi Driver! Back in the day when I used to go to clubs all the time, I would always request to hear a bands originals.

How are you today?

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Apologies WalkInSilence, I forgot to reply to you. Thank you for the welcome.
I think I'll examine the magical bar because, wel. It sounds magical and maybe they added a little something extra to the beer mix.
I don't have much to share right now and am not a great thread maker here on ATS but if you click on my username I made a recent thread regarding mental health. It is not a happy story but I did my best with it. The most flags I ever received! It's a true story which makes it even sadder. Such is life unfortunately.

I can't remember where or who but I remember playing a game with donuts. The object of the game was to see who could resist the urge to lick their lips the longest due to them being caked in sugar. It wasn't easy if I remember correctly. Donuts in Holland are pretty nasty, that much I do remember. The last one I ate was 10 years ago at least. Nasty!

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hello everyone.
Awesome videos Gordi
Night, expect a PM to be waiting for you.
Cheers to all

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hi Driver! That was a good thread and showed you are a kind and compassionate man!

Blue, got your message.

Hope everyone is doing ok today. Much love to you all!

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hi Night, yeah I'm back, but not quite on track. Small steps as they say. My music days are limited to concerts but I did quite a few back in the day. Bands most people have never heard of or would probably want to see but for the alternative circuit, some are just brain-meltingly good. (Ozric Tentacles, Gong, Hawkwind, Eat Static, Senser)

I always got the impression that musicians play the music they like and that is the best music they can play. My direct neighbour here is also a drummer. I'll tell the story....

I'd seen the drums in his room all stacked up by his door. He used it as a kinda shield because he hadn't blacked out the glass next to the door which gives full view as to the contents of rooms here. I'm sitting in my room one Sunday morning, it's about 10 am and (the walls between us are very thin!!!) I hear this almost childlike tap on the drums. I think to myself "Oh crap, here's another one that thinks he can drum...." and then he really started.

My jaw hit the floor. He played beautifully.My foot starts tapping, I crack open a beer and enjoy the performance. Bear in mind, you can hear no music whatsoever, just the drums. I asked him afterwards and he has earbuds in his ears and plays along with a song. Much punk, rock and suchlike. Eventually I end up standing directly outside his door because it sounds much better and closer to the source. I knock on his door eventually after several songs, but not to complain! I just wanna make sure he is the one playing. He says yes.

Next week it's the same story but he starts without warning. I crack open a beer and just sit and listen. Brilliant! At the second song I think to myself, you have to ask him what this song is cos I reckon I could bang along to this on my bass (I am a sucky aspiring bass player) so I go and knock on his door and ask him what song he was playing along to. He says some Primus song, I thank him and leave, No way in Hell I could ever hope to emulate Les Claypool. Ah well....back to reality. Drum and bass...one day I'll get there...

ETA: You pic seems to coincide with my sig...

edit on 31/7/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Aww thanks everyone, that all seems like a lifetime away to be honest, I don't think I've touched my drums in over a year.
It has been a real giggle looking back though.

I agree about Originals v Covers too.

I write a lot of stuff too, but it's difficult getting it "out there".

My pal (whose band I was drumming for in those videos) has asked me many times to get back together, but there are reasons why I wont. I do miss it terribly though.
I was playing guitar in the pub on Friday Night though! (Still Got It!!! ROFL)

G

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Don't abandon ship just yet. Keep practicing with your bass. Maybe pick up some techniques from bass tutorials on youtube or elsewhere. Get inspired and just get to it!

Oh, I never noticed your signature before. Wow!

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Yes Gordi, you still got it! Too bad you couldn't get back with your former band mates, but I know all the difficulties of why bands break up and don't get back together again. At least you are still out there doing what you love to do. Keep working on your originals though!

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Goodness Gracious Gordi, testosterone nostalgia trip. Wow, I was reverted back to my days as a very youthfull biker on week end rallies. I would dance myself out of my mind on that one.

You guys rocked that tune and what an exquisite display of, shall we say 'charm'. Charm is kosher, right, I am tempted to employ more expressive superlatives but that would get me in trouble.

So Monday party time it is, what an excellent idea, perhaps it can divert my mind.
Party On

new topics

top topics

<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join