It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 16

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

I got up late and had things to attend to, but wanted to reply to this first. I am very sorry to hear of your friend's sudden passing. We are all so fragile and vulnerable. Mark is off his insulins as the price has become insane. A pharmacist ordered some kind of supplemental that many patients have been taking with good results because they couldn't afford insulin. Of course I am very nervous about it. His cholesterol is so high that meds don't help and his Doctor wanted him on an injectable kind that was 500.00 bucks! So he can't take that either.

He always falls through the cracks of getting much help anywhere for these things and it makes me angry that people have to go without because of friggin money! Though we are both on limited incomes, we make a tiny bit too much to get financial help usually.

Keep us posted on your other half Hun. Hugs!

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I agree that music is good for the soul, especially live music. I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend!

Timely, that video was just awesome!!! I have never heard of these types of drums! Thank you so much for sharing this!!!

Shep, there is nothing better than a handmade gift made with love. I'm sure Mrs. Shep was just delighted.

Wis, loved the hang drum vid!!!!!!! Don't ever be afraid to post whatever music you enjoy in here!

Ok, time for a late lunch now. Much love to you all!

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I don't know what to say with out becoming abrasive.

For thirty plus years I lived in an environment where we all cared for each other. There was a collective understanding of the need to provide for the individual. I am so saddened by the manner things run here. There is absolutely no collective compassion. When we can't care for our less fortunate.....we have shown that we have no respect for ourselves.

I truly wish I had never come home.
I hope the best for you my dear.

edit on 10-7-2017 by WalkInSilence because: blipp

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence
Thank you Sweetie! Hugs!

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer

This is a message for you.
Music (real music) is food for the soul.
If you possibly can, find out where there is a local music festival or even a music venue where you can go and hear real live musicians play real live instruments (preferably acoustically).
A lot of modern music has lost its soul. The more electronic shenaniganery that goes on in making the music, the further away it gets from its roots and its heart (OUR hearts).
Real Musicians play for the love of it. Many of the festivals I attend are completely FREE.
Go. Enjoy, and buy the band a drink if you can! (But don't worry if you can't!)

G

This is good stuff Gordi! You are so right and I second everyone reconnecting with local live music. There are so many excellent musicians outside of the commercially pushed mainstream radio/TV major-label circle. Real music with real people who will play you some songs and then sit down and have a few beers/laughs with you. It is indeed soul music.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
WIS, it's so sad to read of the loss of your good friend. Hugs to you. Our friend Jacy lost a good friend about one week ago as well. I feel for her as well.

I see several of us having money problems due to medical reasons. It's past time for a medical revolution.

Gordi, I'm glad to read that you had quite a blast at the music fest.

For me, I feel out of sorts as I'm waiting to find out when I can see the heart surgeon to find out exactly what the plan is for me. I've been napping in the afternoon which helps a bit. What doesn't help is my dad yelling at my mom as he blames his mistakes on her.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hello Bluejay! Been a while since you last made an appearance in here. Nice to see you!

Blue, your Dad needs help as he has issues and it is taking its toll on you and your Mom.

I'm tired, but still checking in.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The issue with my dad is that HE is the issue. He thinks that he is Mr Perfect so it's everyone else that is messed up.

Get some rest dear.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

The truth of any situation is more likely to be in the middle.

He has expectations that you do not meet. People, even our parents, can be dicks but ... it takes two to have an argument.

What does your dad want you to be doing.

For example, does he expect you to get a job?

P

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Dad just wants me to sit at home and stay out of his way until I'm six feet under. He knows that there is something wrong with me finally after the heart attack I just wish he would have a better understanding that there has been something wrong with me for the past 37 years due to my head injury.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

Dad just wants me to sit at home and stay out of his way until I'm six feet under.

Why? Why would he want that. You may be right ... but there must be a reason in his mind. What is it?

P

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

There is little sense in dad's twisted logic other than "I bought this house in the mid 70's and I might as well die here too.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Below is the movie BRAIN ON FIRE

based on the true story of a newspaper writer's experience with a brain disorder that has only been recognized since 2007.

vodly.cr...

Treatments were ordered that cost $20,000 a time (the hospital bill for her care topped $1m) and yet "it was all just so haphazardly done. All these people said, 'Well, maybe it's this. And here's some medication.' And then somebody else would say, 'Well, maybe it's this.' And give me other medication. Nobody seemed to know anything. And these are not just Joe Schmoe doctors; they are top, top doctors."

Spoiler Alert --- below is a TED Talk she gave explaining what she went through and the battle to find a doctor to actually treat her disease.

An article about her story if you don't have time to watch the above videos.
www.theguardian.com...

This story reminds me of a lot that I went through with my late wife but I don't think she had the same disease.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Hello Bluejay! Been a while since you last made an appearance in here. Nice to see you!

Thank you Night Star! Nice to see you too, you are such a great shed host. Seriously, the glue that keeps the shed intact.

You're right. Been busy in a series of events involving an album release, a daughter's wedding, and 3 kidney stones. Taken as a whole, a positive few weeks.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Blue, fascinating movie! I may have to finish it tomorrow...er, later because of the time. Great movie so far!

Bluejay, Thank you so much for your kind words! Do tell us more about your album release, how very exciting! I bet your Daughter's wedding was just lovely! Congratulations to her!

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

First cup of coffee. Good grief, I feel like a zombie. I have to collect my urine for 24 hours. Tomorrow, lots of bloodwork. Fun stuff. Not!

Hope everyone has a good day today! Oh, almost forgot to throw donuts out the window.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Mornin' Night Star - bloodwork is sort of miserable.

Have fun collecting.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

Morning Sir Shep of the shedlands!
It will be a fasting bloodwork. That's fine, but no coffee makes me miserable. So if I'm grumpy tomorrow, you'll know why. LOL! How are you today?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I'm OK. I have enough caffeine but there's a couple things I'm wrestling with today that don't have good solutions.

*shrug*

A wise person told me once, "Don't worry. It will all work out in the end."

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

If you want to talk about it, I'm here. If not, then good luck with whatever you are struggling with Hun! Hugs!

new topics

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join