It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Manson - to free or not to free

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

I think Donald Trump should release him, pardon him, and make him Director of Prisons.

Or insane asylums where politicans belong.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

he is in his eighties and and still has some influence, that 26 year old chick is enamored with him, they filed for a wedding license but they let it expire,,,he belongs in jail

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Hey Blaine,

I know it seems, like i sympathize, and I'm not sure if I do or don't. I just find his character, and what he had/has to say somewhat intriguing. I don't doubt that he was able to manipulate his followers, however that takes time, it doesn't happen overnight. I suppose it's the question of what is it he said to them over days, weeks, months, that would make them believe he was off a higher plain and they would kill for him; that is start the class/race war. In some weird way, I wonder, IF we all lived in that period, and bumped into him, would we (the entire ATS group) have listened to him, and if so, how many of us would have been captivated by him.

I also wonder if today he just plays a role...everyone looks at his prison interviews, weird faces and says the guys insane, but if he is master manipulator, would it not be easy for him to do exactly that...manipulate everyone to think he is insane..

I'm not sure why I'm so interested in cult leaders and their followers, I just find them, fascinating. and it's nice to meet you Mr Mod.

Is there any reason given why he couldn't represent himself? In the USA isn't that a persons right?

And thankyou to everyone who pitched in on my first thread.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
"I'm nobody. I'm a tramp, a bum,a hobo, a box car and a jug of wine, and a straight razor if you get too close." -Charlie Manson.

manson is a piece of # but i love that quote. had it hanging on my wall for the longest.

he is never getting out and does not want out.
he has said before if he got out he would kill someone right away.

he has spent most of his life in institution starting from when he was a kid.
if there ever is a case of a person being institutionalized it is charlie boy.

im sure he is still off his rocker but he would be not much more than a feeble old man now.

he has had his ass whooped multiple times in there. he even got set on fire.
he has been a perpetual problem prisoner and is not even eligible again until 2027

people think he has not been granted parole cause the severity of the crimes and his antics at trial and yeah that is part of it.
the other part is the parole board dont grant parole to a person that is constantly starting fights. smuggling phones in. smuggling acid in.
he can not function anywhere but prison and quite frankly even if he did come out a model prisoner he cant be with people.
how long do you think it would take before some cowboy tough guy decided to touch him up so he could be the one that tuned up charlie manson

never gonna happen

gonna die in jail

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

he spoon fed impressionable kids exactly what they wanted(needed) to hear at the time and all the lsd sure helped his cause.
the world was changing at that time. there was a lot happening to the youth(late teens and early 20's).

im not toally blaming the drugs and i dont want to get into it cause it is really not allowed but if tex and squeaky and sadie and patricia would have fell in with a different crowd...say the likes of the pranksters. keasey and the boys. the diggers.
they would have become different people

and yeah he manipulated them.
giving them much higher doses than he was taking. # like that

dont underestimate the power of the mind in an altered state.

it can make you see things very clearly or you can go dark. just look

i am not saying they are innocent. obviously not but it is my opinion they had the misfortune of falling in with the wrong man at the wrong time and were basically programmed.

think of an mk ultra kind of thing

the gov was dosing kids with acid and trying the mind control thing...where they #ed up was they were doing it in controlled settings. cold settings. observing and reporting.
for the most part it didnt work

charlies program was very successful

he was observing and reporting too but it didnt seem like it
he made it seem like he loved them
like he was doing it for them
like they were a family
that they were making themselves better and free
it was fun........

what is fun about answering an ad at a college and collecting a few bucks while you sit in a room and trip your nuts off?

that is my basic opinion on manson

well i guess i got into it a little bit
edit on 1-6-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

eh nevermind
edit on 1-6-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

They couldn't prove he ordered the murders.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

They couldn't prove he ordered the murders.

makes no difference at this point

the question was should he go free

even if he did not order the murders he absolutely did manipulate those kids. those kids did murder tate and the others.
that happened

i didnt say anything about him ordering them to do it

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Oh I know. I just wanted to state a little known fact about him. It really doesn't matter as he himself doesn't want to get out and it would be too dangerous for HIM anyway.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Oh I know. I just wanted to state a little known fact about him. It really doesn't matter as he himself doesn't want to get out and it would be too dangerous for HIM anyway.

at this point i do think it probably would be too dangerous for him
he is too high profile

there is nowhere they could drop him where someone would whoop his ass fast

mark david chapman is another like that

not safe for him

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
If there is no evidence he ordered the killings, then how exactly is he 82 and rotting in prison. if manipulation is a crime then at some point we all should be in jail no? if the evidence is not there to support he ordered any killing, then regardless of opinion of him, should he not have walked that day of sentencing?

Regarding. Chapman (i know its of subject sorry admin)... I'm actually a English guy, but i moved to Canada 10 years ago; so I know the beetles well; not to say you have to be British to like the beetles just a little trivia for you bout me. But back to what I was saying. The fact he is in jail being sentenced to 20 to life, and has had every appeal which comes every years denied, even though he is a model inmate, shows and tells me that the believe that a celebrity life is worth more than yours or mine. Is he guilty, yes. has he served his time, yes and has served more time than some inmates who have killed more than 1 person and aren't as and were not as much of a model inmate as he is. IMO Chapman should walk free now. You cannot keep someone in prison for their safety, otherwise, anyone who is scared of crossing the road, guns, nuclear war should be in prison fr their own safety.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

i dont disagree about chapman but it is never going to happen

it was john lennon

he would not last long...thats a fact

i really dont recall about what evidence or lack of there was against manson. i went through my manson phase 25 years ago and have not given him much thought since then save for that quote i like

imo though evidence or not it had to do with the brutality of the crimes and his antics and people demanded he be put away
justice is not always just

had manson went away and been a chapman like inmate maybe he would have got out but he has been nothing but a problem for 40 years.
he aint getting out

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

had manson went away and been a chapman like inmate maybe he would have got out but he has been nothing but a problem for 40 years.
he aint getting out

Logic I can't argue with

edit on 1-6-2017 by Ghostsinthefog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I do not think he is going anywhere on the Presidents watch.
"He is bad, he is very bad..." , could in fact be evil.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I don't think he wants to get out, he's in a place where he knows how to get by and spends most of his time existing in his own head. He's definitely an interesting character.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join