It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Manson - to free or not to free

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I'm new and learning the correct categories.

ADMIN - please move to the correct one if you feel this one isn't correct; this way I'll also learn.

I'm interested in cults and the followers;

I decided secret societies but was a toss between this one, people and religious conspiries.

Anyhow I'm rambling.

Charlie Manson, we all know the story, heard the testimonies from past members, listened to his strange ramblings from prison.

However, Charlie Manson himself didn't kill anyone himself, and evidence supporting that he manipulated people to kill for him is...somewhat irrelivent(?). He never went with them, at any point they could have turned around and stopped; but didn't. They committed the murders knowing what they were doing.

Now my question and first post to the ATS group is this. Why is he still serving more time than some murders and rapists have, will obviously never be given parole and from what I can see isn't a danger to anyone.

So your thoughts. Should Manson be freed by now? Do you see and agree he should be incarirated?
Some have even said he would start a another cult (laughable). Would you even call his group a cult?

Thanks all
edit on 31-5-2017 by Ghostsinthefog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Releasing him now would be more cruel, he wouldnt know how to live outside those walls.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghostsinthefog

I read Helter Skelter a couple of times years ago. I think it was a drug induced cult.
What the hell is Charlie going to do if he got out? Prison is all he has known, plus what is he pushing?...80?
I don't think he would last a week out of the joint.
But there are probably a bunch of fools out there today that would follow him.

Edit-
He is 82 according to Wiki.
No way he would last on the outside.
edit on 31-5-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I think Charlie was essentially used to send a message to the growing counterculture of the time.

An example was made.

His is a deep rabbit hole.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

and evidence supporting that he manipulated people to kill for him is...somewhat irrelivent(?)

somewhat irrelevant, he used drugs, sex, and manipulation to Svengali those kids. you would be surprised how powerful people can be over others with words and actions.

and jim jones didn't force all the people to drink the koolaid.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
He's a madman, let him rot!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
If you give the order and have with any reasonable certainty that it may be carried out, you are responsible for the act.

Let him rot. String him up. Whatever.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

One of the reasons I've heard about not letting him out is because they would kill him the moment he gets out.
I think he should be free but like I said we are concerned about his safety.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
He's a madman, let him rot!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Does it even matter at this point? He's like 80.

How will he last in the real world?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I can't say i buy the CTs in favor of him. The way the political circus has a hold on people with mental issues or not, letting him out would be a disaster in it's own right, remember he wanted a race war.

The comments about him not knowing how to adapt is right on. He already lived on the fringes of society, that's even harder now days for people who aren't into blending in with the status quo and or having a comfortable life, ie not on the streets.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

What? He would be an instant celebrity and Hollywood would clamor to make a reality tv show staring Charlie boy. What would be a good title for the show is the obvious question.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
and lo, Trump pointed to the man and said "All who would follow me must kill him".

and they did

and Trump then said...what. I dindu nuffin.

Hitler never killed a man either

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

And it went to politics. smh

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
What would be a good title for the show is the obvious question.

Helter Skelter has a nice ring to it

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: SaturnFX

And it went to politics. smh

I was pointing out that a leader has responsibility. replace it with Obama or Churchill for all I care. just seems relevant for the moment.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Charlies hour?

a reply to: 3daysgone

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

I think there is a lot of truth in that..he is irreconcilably institutionalised.
On the overall scheme of things though, governments and government leaders have done far worse than him personally in getting others to kill based on outright lies.
But no, he stays right where he is..I believe he is still dangerous.
edit on 31-5-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The fact he is 82 is relivent and that is a good perspective that he wouldn't know how to survive outside the walls. So do you think he should have been released earlier?

Regarding the manipulation and drug use, again. Would that not be the followers choice. The choice was always theirs to make.

Is there any actual concrete evidence that he told them to kill

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: fastenyourseatbelt

That might work. How about Welcome back Charlie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join