It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leftest Group Flooded Net Neutrality Forum With 100,000+ Fake Comments

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If the corps get what they want and really screw up the internet with the profit motive over neutrality, then another internet will spring up. What makes the internet so cool is the content. If the corps spoon feed the content it will lose it's appeal.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

I see how it is partisan or nothing. Infowars that many follow are anti net neutrality which makes it okay to follow their lead in it. InfoWars are in for a big surprise. After all those years beating Soapa and more we lay down now for partisan politics. Also, applaud all those trying to change this, don't give up!

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

If the corps get what they want and really screw up the internet with the profit motive over neutrality, then another internet will spring up. What makes the internet so cool is the content. If the corps spoon feed the content it will lose it's appeal.

One thing I really hope beyond the limits of what is available already even if it doesn't come down to NN ruling over, is finally an open and free for access without pay, as well as free from ISP control, and of course free from alphabet agency spying en mass as they do. Unfortunately it will be wild frontier that they will want to venture into and bring down whether if it has the worst seedy parts of tor or not. As right now tor remains a honey pot and good let them catch what needs to be caught.

posted on May, 17 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
If the corps spoon feed the content it will lose it's appeal.

Isn't maybe that what they want anyway? The internet is a good way to stay in touch and see what's going on in the world away from where you live. If there were no internet, how would I know if there was a revolution taking place somewhere else over something I was passionate about? That revolt would be easier to squash if other people from other places weren't able to find out about it and join in to make a difference. Without the internet, people wouldn't be able to stay in touch and then would be easier to control.

What methods of contact do we have now? Telephone, Internet and Letters. The telephone system would be easy to shut down, as would the internet, what with there being a kill switch to it anyway. And it seems to me that the government has been trying to shut down the post office for a while now. Why did they switch to all stick-on stamps instead of the lick-on kind? They gave up millions in profit by doing so because stick-on stamps are not collectible. After a couple years, the glue tends to soak through the face of the stamp, making them valueless to collectors. Literally millions of profit just thrown down the tubes, for what purpose? Not very smart from a business point of view. And why did the government get out of the business of using the post office themselves by switching to direct deposit and not mailing people's social security checks any more? I think the United States government is changing to a dynamic that doesn't require the post office for their needs. And that their ultimate goal is to do away with the post office so people won't be able to keep in touch with people in other parts of the country and world.
edit on 17-5-2019 by TrulyColorBlind because: Corrected a typo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join