It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Custom Browser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Is there any kind of problem when I use my own Browser for ATS? It would have some features built in that give me some more convenience on ATS. No excessive page loads, in fact, it reduces my traffic immensly. Not that it would matter on my side. It doesn´t block any ads but it has audio disabled and gif-animations are disabled by default, no flash.

I also login manually, it´s not a Bot or anything it will be used like a Browser, by hand from me.

Does that fly?

Edited: Gramar error here, I did not start to write it but I´m asking before I do it or I´ll have to change my browser and find a similar plugin.
edit on 31-5-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
because I´m sick of chrome & FF, and none of them have features like I want it.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I miss features like

-auto notify
-some bugfixes I can do client side
-notice box for a thread
-bringing auto-correct and some translation features back for me
-fixing the icons
-fixing unreadable usernames
-blocking some extremly annoying (epileptic) avatars. Without adblock here, I can´t block custom avatars and backgrounds.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Sounds to me like maybe you should be working with these guys on building an ATS browser! Now that could be cool.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry
I don´t think I can put that much time into an ATS Browser, because of support, platform issues etc. Besides that, I always offered my help several times for bugfixes that, in my opinion, are overdue. But I also understand, that SO has limited time and maybe doesn´t want to give access to the code to some internet guy. It´s not my business either but that explains it in a nutshell how I see this.

Imagine you host a big website and then some guy comes and spams you with some bugfixes, and offers help for free, then you go...hm.......

No offense in that, totally understandable.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I want a copy when you have it done.

No backdoors.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

What? And then find out that ATS is run from Alien Tech and from some deep inside some mountain in Maryland?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee
I´ll give the code, so everyone can compile his own. I´ve not offered it, you asked

I don´t want this to become a chore, it would be a quick peek into howto do it, decide if it´s worth and do it when I´m bored.

This is basically just a request if that flys, don´t want to break T&C. If SO or a mod says so, then I´ll use option B an go look for a decent browser (see posts earlier) and suitable plugins.

I´d probably use some open source and modify it slightly either way. Not going to reinvent the wheel here.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock
It would be a browser, it´s receiving the same data as any other browser would.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

You gotta give it a name...

Something catchy...

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee
sATiSfying Browser

edit on 31-5-2017 by verschickter because: damnit

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock
...but maybe you´re right, we will never know!!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Can your browser not display any thread with the word "Trump" in the title. I'm sick of the right wingers and the way they think their own opinions are facts.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Is there any kind of problem when I use my own Browser for ATS? It would have some features built in that give me some more convenience on ATS. No excessive page loads, in fact, it reduces my traffic immensly. Not that it would matter on my side. It doesn´t block any ads but it has audio disabled and gif-animations are disabled by default, no flash.

I also login manually, it´s not a Bot or anything it will be used like a Browser, by hand from me.

Does that fly?

Edited: Gramar error here, I did not start to write it but I´m asking before I do it or I´ll have to change my browser and find a similar plugin.

Hummm...Well? I have no excessive page loads, my traffic is already reduced...no ads really blocked as per Ts and Cs here....my audio and auto-play never engages unless I click it, no page cover ads, and no GIFs (unlesss maybe someone's member Avatar)...and I have no Flash issues either.

I never log in or sign-out...only once in a great while to clear registries...I have no special equipment...and am curious as to why you believe you should go the route of personal browser in the 1st place???

Just asking........!
edit on 31-5-2017 by mysterioustranger because: spl

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Because I can

the rest of the reasons is in the other posts.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
This shouldn´t be a problem at all regarding T&C, since every change I do is client side.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I do understand the need and desire for building one's own system from scratch with their own specifics. My brother-in-law is government based, professor and Security Cleared....and has written several books on advanced systems and mathematics.

Oh-my-GOD! The system he created for himself? Its right up there with the NSA stuff.....

Hey, Good luck

top topics

join