It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawsuit Filed Against DC Police To Force Release Of Seth Rich Files

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: facedye
a reply to: Vasa Croe

hey Vasa, i'm unsure if you were asking this question because you don't know the answer, or because you wanted to affirm your POV through having burntheships double check, but:

First...what led them to the conclusion of it being a botched robbery? Why is this the narrative?

this narrative comes from the police themselves, stating they believe that might be the case because that neighborhood has been recently "plagued by robberies," even though... again... nothing was robbed. or maybe it wasn't "nothing."

The cops suspected Rich was a victim of an attempted robbery, one of many that plague the neighborhood. Strangely, however, they found his wallet, credit cards and cellphone on his body. The band of his wristwatch was torn but not broken.

Newsweek Source

here's my two cents - i might make my own thread about this later to expand on this idea, but: in my mind, it's a convenient misdirection to report that "nothing was stolen" when something of particular interest actually was.

in other words, if it actually WAS the DNC, they obviously wouldn't steal his personal effects. they'd steal any communications device/laptop he had that they suspected would be incriminating to their operation. if he was working that night, it's not illogical to believe that he may have had his laptop/work phone on him.

Yeah....my reasoning was just that. I posted a link to all of the crimes in that area a while back. I also posted that he was the only unsolved white murder case.

My line of thought was that they are simply saying it was likely attempted robbery, but based on nothing other than other robberies around. Trouble with that conclusion is no other robberies ended in murder and they all had something taken.

I had also mentioned that I believe that a DNC issued cell phone was taken. They could report nothing was taken since he had another cell, his personal, on him as well.

My reasoning behind thinking they know a cell phone was stolen is because they are calling it a robbery gone bad. They would also have access to cell tower pings and locations so they possibly threw the "nothing stolen" story out there in order to be able to locate and trace the stolen DNC issued phone.

I would also venture a guess that if he did have a DNC issued phone that they would likely have called to ask if the police recovered it. If he did have one and they didn't call to ask, that would imply they already knew it was/wasn't recovered....and the only way to know that would be if whomever did the murdering let them know....

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Anybody know anything about the Pastorum Group?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

The Pastorum Group

The Pastorum Group is a full-service, progressive, values-first communications and political strategy firm working with candidates, causes and coalitions to create meaningful social change. We specialize in crisis operations, strategic planning, digital engagement, rapid response, media relations and coalition building. Our deep experience and ties within the progressive community and movement give us the leverage to move your campaigns forward through grassroots and systemic strategies. We envision a country and world governed by principles of social and economic justice - and have a plan to achieve it.

Linked to the DNC.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

The Pastorum Group is a full-service, progressive, values-first communications and political strategy firm working with candidates, causes and coalitions to create meaningful social change. We specialize in crisis operations, strategic planning, digital engagement, rapid response, media relations and coalition building. Our deep experience and ties within the progressive community and movement give us the leverage to move your campaigns forward through grassroots and systemic strategies. We envision a country and world governed by principles of social and economic justice - and have a plan to achieve it.

Idealist about us Link

Their website doesn't really give much in the way of info but oddly looks similar to that Google groups website that was in charge of voter polling as far as I recall....cant remember the name of it, but I'm sure someone here remembers it and can link it.

The Pastorum Group website

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Thanks, Vasa. I had looked at their website and their staff and board. Didn't see Bauman listed.

The first thing they list as to their "specialty" is 'crisis operations'. I would be curious as to what type of operation they use to take care of a crisis. Do they have some sort of special team that handles "problem" people and situations?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Yeah, someone's definitely lying through their teeth.

imo, Awan's and Rich's laptops will provide more than enough information to solve the case/lead to its resolution.

interesting, how these two laptops seem to be in the authorities' "ambiguous possession" at the moment. by that i mean, nobody in the public knows who has what.

how does one "lose" a laptop and body camera footage, let alone bodycams for 3 separate officers?

for me, the police stating that he was talkative, but not elaborating on what was said to this day, is absolutely indicative of an open and ongoing investigation. that, or someone's telling them to shut up and leave it alone.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
More on the Pastorum Group:

— BRAD BAUMAN and JOSH COHEN’s new firm: “The Pastorum Group (TPG), a new full-service communications firm working for progressive candidates, clients and causes opened its doors in Washington, D.C. today.” Cohen is an SEIU, DNC and OFA alum. Bauman is the former executive director of the Congressional Progressive Caucus. Tory Brown is a principal who previously worked for Media Matters and In the Public Interest and Managing Principal Michelle Coyle served as VP at Rising Tide Interactive. politi.co...

And lookie here:

Before launching the new communications firm that works with progressive candidates, The Pastorum Group, with three other partners—Josh Cohen, Brad Bauman and Tory Brown—this past January, Edwards acted as vice president for Rising Tide Interactive, where her chief mission was securing Hillary Clinton the title of first female president of the United States.

Michele Coyle Edwards: A Colorful Profile in Courage

From my post back in August 2016

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: facedye

Yeah, someone's definitely lying through their teeth.

imo, Awan's and Rich's laptops will provide more than enough information to solve the case/lead to its resolution.

interesting, how these two laptops seem to be in the authorities' "ambiguous possession" at the moment. by that i mean, nobody in the public knows who has what.

how does one "lose" a laptop and body camera footage, let alone bodycams for 3 separate officers?

for me, the police stating that he was talkative, but not elaborating on what was said to this day, is absolutely indicative of an open and ongoing investigation. that, or someone's telling them to shut up and leave it alone.

I haven't seen anything definitive for them having lost the footage from the body cams. The report listed 3 of them as having cams. Is there a link to anything where it's stated it was lost?

Another thing that not many know police have is a pocket voice recorder, typically inside one of their breast pockets that is also always on. To lose one or the other for a single officer is understandable within reason, but if all 3 lost both then that is REALLY fishy.

I am not sure how the DC police body can footage works, but some have theirs auto loaded to the cloud.

I would also think there would have to be an EMS recording somewhere from the ambulance and EMT folks on scene. It is common practice for them to have these things as well.

If the body cam footage was lost they would have to still ha e the footage from prior to and after as well as the devices themselves that could be examined for any type of malfunctions or manipulation of footage.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: burntheships

I'm gonna make this real simple - the more the establishment pushes back on all things Seth Rich, the more evident it becomes that it ain't a conspiracy that the DNC had him murdered - it's a fact.

When you speak, I listen... smart man right here...

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

No 911 calls

It was shotspotter that "alerted" D.C. Metro

Body cameras?

street and surveillance cams???

Nada!

Let's not forget it was originally reported that officers in the area heard the shots.

Fifth District police officers were patrolling the area about 4:20 a.m. when they heard gunshots, police said.

Link

The shotspotter claim was new info that came out with the police reported.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the additions to the thread everyone.

There was a report that WND had discovered a new piece
Of information that may be of interest. Two hours before
Seth was murdered an FBI vehicle was broken into, just
two blocks away from the crime scene. Two guns were stolen.

www.wnd.com...

edit on 2-6-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

That story has been floating around for a bit. It was actually a FBI car locker with those guns inside that were stolen. It was a 40 caliber Glock and an AR-15 I believe...along with the ammo and some other miscellaneous items. It wasn't near the murder though, actually very close to the WH....guessing an FBI office or something of the sort.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

No 911 calls

It was shotspotter that "alerted" D.C. Metro

Body cameras?

street and surveillance cams???

Nada!

Let's not forget it was originally reported that officers in the area heard the shots.

Fifth District police officers were patrolling the area about 4:20 a.m. when they heard gunshots, police said.

Link

The shotspotter claim was new info that came out with the police reported.

There's also the fact shotspotter was used for voice audio evidence in 2 cases that I know of, meaning it records audio and likely picked up some from this murder. Can't really know unless we know the locations of the devices used. There had to be at least a few around as they use triangulation to pinpoint the location, and they are VERY accurate.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Thanks Vasa.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I've not seen, but may of have missed any posts that describe in detail the specifics of the ballistic trauma.

For those of you that are very proficient with firearms and understand the physics.........well lets just say there is no doubt in what took place.

Buck

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

VC, there is a map out in the PD showing the locations of the devices and showing the triangulation comparing it to the location of the CS.

Buck

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: burntheships

That story has been floating around for a bit. It was actually a FBI car locker with those guns inside that were stolen. It was a 40 caliber Glock and an AR-15 I believe...along with the ammo and some other miscellaneous items. It wasn't near the murder though, actually very close to the WH....guessing an FBI office or something of the sort.

I don't remember the AR15, but there was a Glock in 40S&W, pepper spray and something else in the locker.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Scott Taylor ABC 7‏Verified account @ScottTaylorTV Jun 1

#SethRich Update: Here is denial of my request 4 video of Police Officers body cams at crime scene & Hospital plus surveillance video.

Link to tweet and denial letter by MPD

Request for body cam footage denied for the reasons I provided earlier. Investigative material on open cases are exempt from FOIA.
edit on 2-6-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join