It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey to testify before Senate as soon as next week

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
All right. The source is a 'friend' of Comey, but this is going to happen.

Former FBI Director James Comey is planning to testify publicly before the Senate Intelligence Committee as soon as next week about his conversations with President Donald Trump about the Russia investigation, a Comey friend confirmed to POLITICO.

Politico

People close to Comey have said he is eager to testify in public in the wake of his abrupt dismissal, which Comey allies believe was an attempt to thwart the FBI's investigation into whether the Trump campaign coordinated with Russia's election interference.

Comey wrote a memo about nearly every phone call and meeting he held with President Trump, sources close to him have told NBC News, and he was concerned that Trump did not appear to respect the decades-long tradition that the FBI director should be independent from the White House.

Some critics have suggested that the president's behavior with Comey — coupled with his requests to senior intelligence officials that they state publicly they had seen no evidence of Trump campaign collusion with Russia — could amount to obstruction of justice.

NBC

Donald should have never criticized the intelligence community. Nor should he have ever tried to elicit any kind of loyalties from them. It's not smart to crap on the heads of people who are actively investigating some weird details about your campaign/administration. We'll all learn what Comey has to say by sometime next week.

What do you think POTUS blood pressure is right about now?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

It's cute that you think he is gonna harm Trump in any way but i won't spoil the surprise. Just keep an eye on the news in the next few days. Some Anti-Trump figure heads will try to downplay Comeys testimony.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Thank you, brother. I searched the headline, didn't see this one. Cheers.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Publicly you say?

Well I think we all know how that will end:

Comey: Sorry, that information is classified.

He was offered the chance to testify in a closed session to congress, so that he could disclose relevant classified information.

But he turned that down.

Wonder why?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

It's cute that you think he is gonna harm Trump in any way but i won't spoil the surprise. Just keep an eye on the news in the next few days. Some Anti-Trump figure heads will try to downplay Comeys testimony.

Is it the narrative I keep seeing on right-wing sites, that he's going to implicate Obama in something?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Is it the narrative I keep seeing on right-wing sites, that he's going to implicate Obama in something?

I wish he could but i doubt he is that eager to get suicided. Both parties are corrupt but it has nothing to do with Trump. They just want to keep it a secret at all costs.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You realize...if Comey has proof of obstruction (which he doesnt) he will be guilty of a felony for not reporting it immediately

Or do you just get your info from less than complete sources?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

no worries. Just wanted to let you know.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This guy seems to be changing his mind on a daily basis.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Publicly you say?

Well I think we all know how that will end:

Comey: Sorry, that information is classified.

He was offered the chance to testify in a closed session to congress, so that he could disclose relevant classified information.

But he turned that down.

Wonder why?

Which is the very reason he refused a classified session.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I predict that absolutely nothing will come of the Comey hearing. I further predict he will use it to demonstrate that he has nothing further to add on the subject.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
What's Comey going to say?

Is he going to tell Congress under oath that he sat on evidence of a felony crime involving the POTUS for months until a few days after being fired and called a "nutjob"?

This is another in a long line of turd sandwiches for the get-Trump leftists.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I doubt it. With the exception of his phony background, Obama has done a pretty good job since his sudden arrival on the national stage of insulating himself from potential trouble and setting up others around him to provide plausible deniability.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Comey will not say anything different than what he told the senate Unless he wants to go to jail for lying to them again like he lied before. ANyone can see this is a case of sour grapes.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Considering trump himself said he fired comey over the investigation , I think you will be very lucky if comey comes out with a glowing endorsement of trump...

That said trump will pretend like he did reguardless..

Just like trump pretended

"no the Russians didn't hack into the voting machines specifically , but trump himself is under investigation..""

Meant :

"There was no Russian interference in the elections and Trump has been vindicated.."

What ever trump says comey says , it will prob be the opposite. .."

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Unless he has more information... such as what actions trump has taken to impede the investigation.

Such as telling the world you fired the FBI director for investigating you..

Lol.. just lol...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

And next week, James Comey is expected to change his mind again, by saying that President Trump asked him to drop the Flynn investigation.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

We'll also see if he REALLY DOES have these notes/memos. As stated earlier, no matter what Comey says, one side will believe him and one side will not. The man is "damaged goods".

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: yuppa

Unless he has more information... such as what actions trump has taken to impede the investigation.

Such as telling the world you fired the FBI director for investigating you..

Lol.. just lol...

Asking is different than telling. And trump knew comey being fired would not stop or halt the investigation. So i see where he didnt think nothing of firing him.

Comey told trump he was not under investigation as well during that meeting in feb. and comey then lied to the senate about it on may 3rd. SO anything comey says should be seen as sour grapes here.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Ohanka

And next week, James Comey is expected to change his mind again, by saying that President Trump asked him to drop the Flynn investigation.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

We'll also see if he REALLY DOES have these notes/memos. As stated earlier, no matter what Comey says, one side will believe him and one side will not. The man is "damaged goods".

Lets be honest he will be believed if it fits the correct narrative.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join