It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Gorgeous Flyby of Jupiter's Juno Mission

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
How come we don't see any of Jupiter's moons?

Why are the storms/clouds on Jupiter so still?

Earlier videos of Jupiter show them swirling around. This video looks like a texture mapped around a 3D shape.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: sevensheeps
a reply to: gspat

It's a cloud map projected over a sphere, so different pictures stitched together. I edited some depth and a little blur and made it 60 fps so it appears to be more fluid in motion. The quality of the images are amazing though!

Seriously from one 3d animator (I realized today I've been doing 3d for 25 years...time flies)... That is stunning work. Breathtaking.

Kudos mate.

As for the images of Jupiter... I have no words to describe how jaw dropping they are. Holy cow...

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
a reply to: omniEther

Cgi? The position of the shadow was weird, but why fake it.
You walked into a bar, you see blood everywhere and a dead guy beaten to a bloody two gunshots to the side of the skull, in his presence within reaching distance is the guy with the smoking gun in his bloody red hands ,

do you say there couldn't have possibly been a murder because currently you do not perceive motive or intent?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

Side of the head?

It could of been suicide because the bullet could of gone around the skull and exited the skin, requiring a second shot, and the guy with the bloody hands could of walked in and saw the guy and picked the gun up, hence the bloody hands.

Presence in the bar could assume he may of been drinking prior to the suicide attempt and tripped and fell multiple times, after the first failed shot he was disorientated and banged around the bar injuring himself further before finally succeeding and taking the final shot.

Your analogy is flawed as you need to provide proof of a given statement.

edit on 31-5-2017 by MuonToGluon because: Spelling + Addition

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Absolutely awe inspiring.

a reply to: sevensheeps

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

I came up with that on the spot. I could easily fill in the gaps of what you are referring but for what reason you can clearly see the point I'm trying to make. There is no need to get into the semantics of it.
edit on 1-6-2017 by omniEther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: omniEther
a reply to: MuonToGluon
There is no need to get into the semantics of it.

I wasn't getting into semantics (are you aware of the meaning of that word?)

I clearly stated that you need to provide evidence for your statement of it being fake, even the planet X guy provided photos of clouds to support his views, you provide nothing but "FAKE" and a statement full of holes.

You have nothing.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: firefromabove
This video looks like a texture mapped around a 3D shape.

That's exactly what it is. Still images wrapped over a sphere and animated in 3D to simulate the spacecraft's trajectory.

It's just a way to visualise what JunoCam "saw", using real images.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I never thought Jupiter had so much blue in it.
Very Stunning.

~Morpheus

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA

It's enhanced so it will be less colourful in real life.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
With all the plantery fly bys look sees the solar system is have issues with traffic .
Do to traffic jams NASA has stated they will no longer be doing 10 second count downs
now they just wate for the light to turn green and hope they are not plastered by a Vodka drinking Russian ship running the light .
Like every other day its another ship getting these ooo so gorgeous photos of another planet .
You know there was a time when I could name every ship every probe we and Russia had .
There may not be aliens now but long after man is going and they finly do get here they will ahve spare parts for a milium

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

It's a cloud map projected over a sphere, so different pictures stitched together. I edited some depth and a little blur and made it 60 fps so it appears to be more fluid in motion. The quality of the images are amazing though!

So, different pictures stitched together.. cool!

How'd they get the clouds to stay still long enough for that? I didn't (couldn't?) see any mish-mash at an edge that would denote where one picture ended and another started?

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: gspat

So, different pictures stitched together.. cool!

How'd they get the clouds to stay still long enough for that? I didn't (couldn't?) see any mish-mash at an edge that would denote where one picture ended and another started?

I can't speak for how the guy did this animation, but image stitching and seam erasing is really very easy with the software available these days. Piece of cake

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join