It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey, Mueller in preliminary talks on Russia probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Look Out !

It looks like James Comey has/is meeting with Special Counsil Mueller !

All about RUSSIA !!

Negotiations under way sources say !!

Comey, Mueller in preliminary talks on Russia probe

The former FBI director who was fired by President Trump has started preliminary discussions with special counsel Robert Mueller about his intention to testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee about his communications with the president, as part of the panel’s ongoing inquiry into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, USA TODAY has learned.

A close associate of Comey who is not authorized to comment publicly said Tuesday that Mueller is not expected to block the former director from appearing before the Senate panel. However, that appearance would occur only after Comey is fully debriefed for the federal investigation, the source said.

The panel previously announced that Comey, abruptly dismissed earlier this month as he was running the FBI's Russia investigation, agreed to testify following the Memorial Day holiday. No date has been set.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

A close associate of Comey who is not authorized to comment publicly said Tuesday

Are they giving out BJs from Pamela Anderson to anyone who leaks info these days?
Jesus, it's like a contest to see who can break someone's trust the fastest.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Don't hold your breath waiting for any new information to come out of this cartoon. You can't believe a word of it anyway.
It will be clASSified. It's all for show, there is no Russian connection. If so,then why is it the DNC refused to let the F.B.I. even look at their servers?
It seems the Dems, Libs have a very well thought out strategy, and that is to throw as much kaka against the wall and see what sticks.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I guess the Associate of Comey that is not authorized to comment publicly has been debriefed by the news media outlets to talk on phone calls.

Got to love the leaks.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
From what I have read, Comey and Mueller will have a sit-down again after Comey testifies publicly, concerning Trump tying to pressure him in to stopping the investigation.

Right now it appears Comey and Mueller are trying to work out specific details so that he does not disclose too much info in a public setting.

This is getting to be very interesting.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
From what I have read, Comey and Mueller will have a sit-down again after Comey testifies publicly, concerning Trump tying to pressure him in to stopping the investigation.

Right now it appears Comey and Mueller are trying to work out specific details so that he does not disclose too much info in a public setting.

Hardly interesting. I'll only be interested when I see some evidence, which won't be anything Comey says. He got humiliated, so he's hardly reliable.
Now if he has some actual proof, then it would be interesting.
edit on 31/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I dont get the Trump supporters logic here...

You guys get all angry about anonymous sources..

Then when the media changes anonymous sources to "sources who are not authorized to speak publicly"

You guys get mad because they are "leaks" and "breaking trust"

Its what us libs have been saying all the time, internal whistleblowers calling foul on Trump and his campaigns actions that dont want to face the repercussions of getting the truth out.. hence why they have been anonymous the whole time.

The anonymous sources havent been "fake news" and "bs"

They have been legitimate people within Trumps walls that want to get it out there but either.. are not allowed to speak by law or by agreement... or they are terrified of repercussions.

You guys love "leaks" when they come from the left.. but when the right starts leaking you act like its all treason or something.

If there is shady stuff going on we deserve to know.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Hardly interesting. I'll only be interested when I see some evidence, which won't be anything Comey says. He got humiliated, so he's hardly reliable.

I doubt we will see any proof until the investigations are done and over with. That being said, I still find it interesting that Comey is willing to come forward and speak in an open setting so that the public can get informed on what he knows.

That's what I like about Comey. He's been very open, honest and is a man of integrity. It's a shame he was humiliated by Trump firing him and I hope he comes out swinging, despite the Left and Right not liking him very much.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

not sure where your ambiguity comes from. I think most have been pretty firm with fake news, anonymous sources, and a multitude of leaks. Some folks think telling everything you know is cool and makes you part of the in crowd, while others, tend to take security a little more seriously. Or at least the information given to you as a friend who expected you to keep it to yourself.

If it was my company, and there were a few employees that were spreading company information, I'd set them up and fire the # out of them.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Good, lets hope the net result is Hillary in prison and CNN getting their broadcast licence revoked.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
And in other news:

Carter Page the Lizard King wants to sing like a CANARY.

We are in for FUN times!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The mentor and the protégé ....collaborating! Wonder what wondrous ideas are coming out of that meeting!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well said on all points. Especially if I had employees leaking sensitive company information. And...go Heels!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
The mentor and the protégé ....collaborating! Wonder what wondrous ideas are coming out of that meeting!

Obi Wan taught Luke the FORCE.

Maybe there's a NEW HOPE?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I doubt we will see any proof until the investigations are done and over with. That being said, I still find it interesting that Comey is willing to come forward and speak in an open setting so that the public can get informed on what he knows.

That's what I like about Comey. He's been very open, honest and is a man of integrity. It's a shame he was humiliated by Trump firing him and I hope he comes out swinging, despite the Left and Right not liking him very much.

He is probably still a bit sensitive and upset he no longer has a job. Not the kind of person who has anything valuable to say in an investigation.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Good, lets hope the net result is Hillary in prison and CNN getting their broadcast licence revoked.

Could you imagine if the day Hillary went to prison was the same day CNN had their broadcast license revoked? That might just be more vindictive excitement than I could handle in a single day.
edit on 31-5-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The close associate of Comey is the family dog.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

His dog must be Scooby Doo, because he can read memos over the phone

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

He is probably still a bit sensitive and upset he no longer has a job. Not the kind of person who has anything valuable to say in an investigation.

His emotions are irrelevant. His testimony on what has taken place is quite valuable and he may be able to refute certain claims and confirm others.

While I await his testimony with an open-mind and curiosity, it appears others are beginning to # themselves. If what is being reported is true and Trump did try to pressure Comey and it can be proven, Trump may be in a bit of trouble.

Funny how you're trying to downplay this already, before we've even heard what he has to say. Damage control before there is any damage?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: rickymouse

His dog must be Scooby Doo, because he can read memos over the phone

He just retrieves the memos.

top topics

join