It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK political party TV election broadcasts 2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I just watched the UK Green party election broadcast on TV, of course as all of them are it had little factual detail/figures etc, but as a powerful piece of music and visuals I was impressed.
I was emotionally dragged into to it if I'm honest, combination of the interpretation of a song I love, with classic images of hardship.
You can have a look here below:

I'm not voting Green next week and this thread isn't about the political ideologies, just specifically their marketing style and what members think about it.
Please feel free to post your own here or share your thoughts on the dramatic/emotional style of this one above.
Do election broadcasts ever influence you?
Do they make you think but your mind is made up anyway?

On a wider note, I prefer the system we have compared to the US where big money buys as much airtime as politicians wish.
For the benefit of any US members reading this, UK political parties get an agreed number of free slots on TV and radio decided by Parliament.
It is an attempt to reduce the influence of money on elections, it ain't perfect but I think it's better than a free for all based on money.

Anyway, The UK Green party, if you watched it what do you think?
It sucked me in far more than the stuffy Conservative party broadcasts I've seen recently lol
edit on 31.5.2017 by grainofsand because: Fix embed video, sorry

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well I am going to be voting consertvative. I owe the local MP a favour as she has helped me with a favour.

Not exactly keen on Mays goverment but credit where credits due with my local mp.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

What do you think about the Conservative election broadcasts?
Most have made me want to go to sleep.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I like the NHS, so I'm not voting Conservative.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

What do you think about the Conservative election broadcasts?
Most have made me want to go to sleep.

To be honest I dont watch them. I just fast foward the channel.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Do you?
Oh I don't hunt them out, but if they're on I'll watch all of them I see because it is their only few chances to stage manage their own airtime.
If they can't do that very well then bit shameful really. I guess they are all targeting different audiences though.
The conservative broadcasts seem targeted at older voters than me for sure, old blokes in starched suits.

*Edit*
How boring is this, and do you get the same sense of insincerity as I do?

edit on 31.5.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
And for equal representation here's Labour's:

The Liberal Democrats:

I'll leave others to post anything from Plaid Cymru or the Scottish Nat's, they aren't a choice for me in this election.
Posting the UKIP ones would make me feel even more grubby than I do for giving them my vote to force a referendum.
edit on 31.5.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I am just going to say it.

I like Jeremy

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Yeah, really not a fan of May. Not really a fan of corbyn either. Lib dems would be ok if they ditched there secound EU referendum crap.

But my vote goes to my local MP who has done a lot for me. She got quite a few votes in my community for helping people out.

Problem with parliament is not because there is to many or not enough torys or labours ect but because there are not enough decent people.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I normally vote snp but this time am voting labour, I hate that hag May and I think labour have now moved away from the Blair dogma

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I'll be voting Green, I don't agree with most of their Greener policies based around the climate change scam but they have good intentions and they're not Conservative, Labour, Lib Dems or UKIP who are all scumbags.

I also agree with their policy on scrapping student loans and making education free as well as their stance on a basic living income

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I'm voting lib-dem as I know the candidate personaly & professionally as a previously fantastic constituency MP, that and the Conservative candidate is a prick.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Wasted vote for me here, but I get your sentiments.

...a few Green Party MP's nipping at the heels in parliament is no bad thing in my mind...I've watched the vid in the OP too many times now...resistance is futile...

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I'm voting lib-dem as I know the candidate personaly & professionally as a previously fantastic constituency MP, that and the Conservative candidate is a prick.

Vote all the pricks out and the UK will be a better place.

To many pricks in the Conservatives and labour.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Well it's not like all the other times I've voted, have all equally been wasted votes lol

Like when I voted Lib Dems because they promised to scrap tuition fees at universities, that was the only reason I gave them my vote, then they ended up in bed with that lover of pigs Cameron and raised tuition fees and they've never been the same since.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Agreed.
I'm voting solely for the person not the party.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

How it should be, but most people...apathy thing, don't know the candidates who are actually representing them locally.
The real people who are accessible to us to call out in person.
The pricks would be rooted out if the masses did that.

edit on 31.5.2017 by grainofsand because: Clarity

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I was curious so had a look at the Sinn Féin election broadcast/manifesto launch, apparently they are the only choice in the North of Ireland for equality and anti-Brexit these days.

...how times have changed in my lifetime.

new topics

top topics

join