It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jared Kushner 'admitted Donald Trump lies to his base because he thinks they're stupid'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
So a presidential campaigner toys with their base voters emotions in order to become the nominee and this is news how?

And for what it's worth, there are not a lot of die-hard "birthers" on the right, at least concerning those with whom I've asked about it. Most seem to think that it's an embarrassing stance that some in the party have.

I mean, Trump made the point that he got so popular at one point that he could shoot someone in the middle of Times Square and he wouldn't lose any support. He knew that these people were blindly following him at that point--this isn't news.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Can't believe the op is even repeating this hearsay. This is just everyday common Trump bashing-it will never end-and yes, he does invite it but-wow-when will enough be enough? We all know Trump never shuts his mouth and is capable of saying anything. So, what's new?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Kushner doesn’t really believe that. He just knows journalists are stupid and they’ll buy it.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

They think I'm stupid too.
I don't worry. I know I'm not.
I don't think you are either.
I also don't think stupid is party specific.
Stupid knows no bounds and affects all walks of life.
Remember Jeff Foxworthy saying they should wear a sign?

One thing stupid is is non partisan.

I think stupid would be thinking that EVERYTHING a president does is bad if you don't like him to start, but then it's not my job to define stupid. I think a good portion of people on this site are much more intelligent than the general public, but of course there are a few raisins mixed in with the grapes.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: Edumakated

yes, he does invite it but-wow-when will enough be enough? We all know Trump never shuts his mouth and is capable of saying anything. So, what's new?

What's new....

Covfefe has taken wing and has inspired an new mock fest inspired by the twitter in chief.

I'm cool that.....Trump has become a parody of himself and lapsed back into his previous TV reality show mode.

"Here we are now, entertain us"

edit on 31-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

His choice was to throw a tantrum, or laugh it off. I suppose there would be hate no matter which direction he took.
When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
www.independent.co.uk... 91.html

www.newsweek.com...

“When I was the editor of the New York Observer, Kushner and I were going back and forth about how the paper should cover him,” Elizabeth Spiers wrote in a post on Twitter. “I told Jared that I was particularly appalled by his father-in-law’s birtherism stance, which I viewed as cynical and racist. “He rolled his eyes and said ‘He doesn’t really believe it, Elizabeth. He just knows Republicans are stupid and they’ll buy it’”.

I don't think Republicans are stupid as they were my employers during the Campaign and they were very astute and knowledgeable. But I am concerned that a president thinks they are.

I know a lot of conservative members think I'm stupid and it breaks my heart.

I think that many people, left and right, are stupid

but the trump supporters are a serious new kind of stupid that is much uglier and harder to overcome

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

www.newsweek.com...

“When I was the editor of the New York Observer, Kushner and I were going back and forth about how the paper should cover him,” Elizabeth Spiers wrote in a post on Twitter. “I told Jared that I was particularly appalled by his father-in-law’s birtherism stance, which I viewed as cynical and racist. “He rolled his eyes and said ‘He doesn’t really believe it, Elizabeth. He just knows Republicans are stupid and they’ll buy it’”.

I don't think Republicans are stupid as they were my employers during the Campaign and they were very astute and knowledgeable. But I am concerned that a president thinks they are.

but the trump supporters are a serious new kind of stupid that is much uglier and harder to overcome

I know right, all of them. Every one. They are like Muslims, bunch of terrorists, or Chinese, always doing math well.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: veracity

www.newsweek.com...

I know right, all of them. Every one. They are like Muslims, bunch of terrorists, or Chinese, always doing math well.

I wouldnt call them Muslims or Chinese, and i bet a majority of them do not do math well, but terrorist..yeah...there is alot of resemblance there.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Every president for my entire lifetime has lied to their base because they think they're stupid. It's called being a "good" politician.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Remember Jeff Foxworthy saying they should wear a sign?

not to pick nits but I think you meant Bill Engvall....

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Right now Jared is in some serious trouble. The WH knows it and is in total meltdown.

www.politico.com...

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
So now a journalist quoting a journalist = a reliable source?

The Left is really getting desperate.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Right now Jared is in some serious trouble. The WH knows it and is in total meltdown.

www.politico.com...

Old new makes the Blues.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Kushner doesn’t really believe that. He just knows journalists are stupid and they’ll buy it.

I think I did read a piece recently that quoted a study showing journalists are below average in intelligence. I'll see if I can find it. It was a week or two ago that I read it.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Every day? Ha, I knew it since his first month of campaigning. They are completely delusional.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I think I did read a piece recently that quoted a study showing journalists are below average in intelligence. I'll see if I can find it. It was a week or two ago that I read it.

Watch them at a whitehouse press briefing. They're like children.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Trump's lying goes along with another horror of this man, and that is he enflames division so much… Racist and political violence are going to skyrocket simply because of the inflaming of division that Trump incites.

The guy is absolute bad news for that alone…

Look at the beheading Griffin pictures; look at that as an example of the extreme reactions a Trump presidency has incited.

Trumps divisiveness will likely tear apart the US AND MAYBE THE WHOLE WORLD.

And the people who defend him as the scripture says:

GIVE POWER TO THE BEAST

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
So when it is an unnamed source you scream 'fake news'

Now we have a named source, but because it is an evil journalist it's 'fake news'

When is news actual news? When people say nice positive things about the president?

Be careful USA - you are becoming North Korea.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreSound
So when it is an unnamed source you scream 'fake news'

Now we have a named source, but because it is an evil journalist it's 'fake news'

When is news actual news? When people say nice positive things about the president?

Be careful USA - you are becoming North Korea.

If it's not complementary to the Orange clown, it's fake news or but..but....hillary or but....but....Obama.

They remind me of this guy! believe me. Bless their hearts!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join