It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jared Kushner 'admitted Donald Trump lies to his base because he thinks they're stupid'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
www.independent.co.uk... 91.html

www.newsweek.com...

“When I was the editor of the New York Observer, Kushner and I were going back and forth about how the paper should cover him,” Elizabeth Spiers wrote in a post on Twitter. “I told Jared that I was particularly appalled by his father-in-law’s birtherism stance, which I viewed as cynical and racist. “He rolled his eyes and said ‘He doesn’t really believe it, Elizabeth. He just knows Republicans are stupid and they’ll buy it’”.

I don't think Republicans are stupid as they were my employers during the Campaign and they were very astute and knowledgeable. But I am concerned that a president thinks they are.

I know a lot of conservative members think I'm stupid and it breaks my heart.

edit on 31-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Trump lies to EVERYONE. Not really a surprise.

And Kush might be onto SOMETHING.

Trump's fans would cut their own legs OFF if it would upset a "liberal". Being called stupid? NOPE. They'll just LAUGH and claim Trump secretly loves them.

Every day Trump people remind me of ABUSED spouses making excuses.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Got a reliable link? That page no longer exists.

ETA: Nevermind, just need to add the 91.html at the end of the URL
edit on 31-5-2017 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'm amazed by this excerpt:

“When I was the editor of the New York Observer, Kushner and I were going back and forth about how the paper should cover him,” Elizabeth Spiers wrote in a post on Twitter.

Why not just y'know...stick with "good journalistic integrity at all times" rather than have a meeting to discuss the picture you want to paint?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Wouldn't surprise me.

Trump and Hillary were both egotistical enough to believe they were doing America a favor. And the people aren't smart enough to save America, so we need these clowns to save us by selling the government to corporate interests.

+3 more 
posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

So this is all based on the word of a very partisan woman who tweets stuff like this about Trump.

My estimation of Trump's IQ keeps sinking below its already low threshold. Right now it's at room temperature.

Twitter

edit on 5 31 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

A person openly claims no journalistic integrity, and then wants people to think he's credible. All this really tells me, morning a Trump supporter, is that Newsweek is a trash rag

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

“When I was the editor of the New York Observer, Kushner and I were going back and forth about how the paper should cover him,” Elizabeth Spiers wrote in a post on Twitter.

Why not just y'know...stick with "good journalistic integrity at all times" rather than have a meeting to discuss the picture you want to paint?

Editors are subservient to the Publisher. Jared was the Publisher ....It's like a military chain of command.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Because the New York Observer (now just The Observer) wasn't a newspaper, it was a tabloid rag, more or less. Much more editorial and features than hard hitting news. Plus, Kushner owns it, so how they handled trump would be of some importance simply due to the fact they had a familial relationship.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I read republicans not base. Maybe I missed it.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Wanting to believe can make a person stupid.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
he did say he could shoot someone and they'd still love him.

that is essentially saying my supporters aren't too bright.

honestly, when he said that I thought for sure he would lose support, but nope...

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Editors are subservient to the Publisher. Jared was the Publisher ....It's like a military chain of command.

Not my point. I understand how papers work. My point is that it's pathetic that "journalistic integrity" has to be discussed. Regardless of who the editor is and who the owner is.

That being said, thanks to you, username, for pointing out that it's a tabloid. I was aware of Kushner's ownership but not that it was a rag of a paper. If it's heavy on editorializing then, of course, there's going to be discussions about the slant they want to give.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
SELLING your identity to a cult leader can make you do and think STUPID things.

Look at how cult leaders have manged to CONVINCE their followers to commit mass suicide? That sounds pretty STUPID to us does it not?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

They think I'm stupid too.
I don't worry. I know I'm not.
I don't think you are either.
I also don't think stupid is party specific.
Stupid knows no bounds and affects all walks of life.
Remember Jeff Foxworthy saying they should wear a sign?

One thing stupid is is non partisan.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

So a guy who is admitting he had discussions about how to cover a topic (meaning not just tell an unbiased truth) wants us to believe him?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I would say to blindly following a party or an ideology without questions is stupid.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Because they were trying to get trump elected. The truth wasn't going to do that.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
www.independent.co.uk... 91.html

www.newsweek.com...

“When I was the editor of the New York Observer, Kushner and I were going back and forth about how the paper should cover him,” Elizabeth Spiers wrote in a post on Twitter. “I told Jared that I was particularly appalled by his father-in-law’s birtherism stance, which I viewed as cynical and racist. “He rolled his eyes and said ‘He doesn’t really believe it, Elizabeth. He just knows Republicans are stupid and they’ll buy it’”.

I don't think Republicans are stupid as they were my employers during the Campaign and they were very astute and knowledgeable. But I am concerned that a president thinks they are.

I know a lot of conservative members think I'm stupid and it breaks my heart.

So this quip is heresay. Meanwhile, we have Jonathan Gruber, Obamacare architect stating on camera that Democrats are stupid and that they purposely misconstrued facts to get it passed.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join