It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1950's UFO's buzz Washington, D.C.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
For a real surprising "old stuff" moment, check into the so-dubbed "Battle of Beverly Hills in '42", numerous witnesses, the Army Air Defense firing ineffectively at UFOs, planes ineffective, front page of the LA Times, etc.

You're not talking about the "Los Angeles Air Raid" are you? I thought opinion was pretty solid on that being a SEVERELY overblown Japanese aerial recon mission. I could be wrong of course.

As for the late 40s and early 50s... this stuff was apparently new to the military back then. They weren't used to coverups yet and it showed. In the years since then the whistleblowers have often not been credible while the cover stories have been getting more credible, so modern cases aren't as obvious. You can look back at Roswell though and the Airforce apologists are the ones who look like a bunch of lunatics in that case.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
And does anyone remember the news about a signal from space not even a year ago? It was all around for about a day, even here in slovenia on the evening news...and not a word since

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia

Originally posted by mpeake
ufo's appeared allegedly near the whitehouse during the 50's

Have you noticed that since 1950, technology went on VERY fast.....is that weird??????????? that since that special time we started to have T.V, computers, cell phones, nuclear weapons and all kinda of new stuff? It goes on and on...

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's a pretty popular theory that alot of the tech we have now is due to the reverse engineering we did on downed ufo's (ie. the roswell crash in the late 40's). You can't ignore the jump in advanced tech in the past 50 years. I would say it's a combonation of a bit of good old ingenuity and and bit of reverse engineering of recovered ufo tech

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You're not talking about the "Los Angeles Air Raid" are you? I thought opinion was pretty solid on that being a SEVERELY overblown Japanese aerial recon mission. I could be wrong of course.

Doesn't jive with the reports of the day...read the article (recent thread). We're talking about a slow moving object of approximately 100' diameter, seen by many, and even though attacked with anti-aircraft guns, planes, etc. it simply kept on going. If it was a blimp or balloon, it would have been shot to pieces.... The accounts of the AAA bursting in "rings" almost seem to indicate a shield of some sort, as it isn't their normal appearance upon bursting.

Also, there is a certain alleged top secret memo regarding this incident as well....

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Doesn't jive with the reports of the day...read the article (recent thread). We're talking about a slow moving object of approximately 100' diameter, seen by many, and even though attacked with anti-aircraft guns, planes, etc. it simply kept on going. If it was a blimp or balloon, it would have been shot to pieces.... The accounts of the AAA bursting in "rings" almost seem to indicate a shield of some sort, as it isn't their normal appearance upon bursting.

Also, there is a certain alleged top secret memo regarding this incident as well....

Extremely intriguing. I'll find the thread. By any chance did these reports make the papers? I might have the energy to take a little drive to the appropriate area and dig through old news papers if the libraries have them on film.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join