It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1950's UFO's buzz Washington, D.C.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I heard about this awhile ago but haven't been able to come across anything about it. My father remembers it well...was front page news on all newspapapers.....anyway has the government tried to debunk it?

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Pretty vague description. Can you research it a bit before asking for info on it. I'm sure there is more that one instance that ufo's appeared allegedly near the whitehouse during the 50's

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman
I heard about this awhile ago but haven't been able to come across anything about it. My father remembers it well...was front page news on all newspapapers.....anyway has the government tried to debunk it?

Here is a great link to that very thing.

www.subversiveelement.com...

Hope that helps answer some of your questions.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Click here for a free preview of the 50-year anniversary article (which ran in 1992) from the Washington Post archives.

Oddly enough, if you search their pre-1992 archives for the original front page article, you won't find it, even though it is referenced frequently in the 50-year anniversary article...

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I remember the same thing happening in 91 or 92, if i remember correctlly their was 21 ufo's hovering over all the worlds capital cities for an hour at a time, tokyo moscow and wash. DC too.....

It was even on local news for like 10 seconds, lol
they siad they were temperature inversions...uh huh

[edit on 4-2-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
You refer to the infamous Washington Nationals sightings of July 1952.

No, they still havent successfully debunked it. The "solutions" that the govornment tried to tag them to solve the case were ten times more ridiculous and absurd than some of the crap David Icke puts out.

The offical media explaination was "temperature inversions" and that excuse holds about as much water as a sieve.

Even Blue Book was at a loss to explain.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
You refer to the infamous Washington Nationals sightings of July 1952.

No, they still havent successfully debunked it. The "solutions" that the govornment tried to tag them to solve the case were ten times more ridiculous and absurd than some of the crap David Icke puts out.

The offical media explaination was "temperature inversions" and that excuse holds about as much water as a sieve.

Even Blue Book was at a loss to explain.

no i refer to early 1990's i saw it on tv news as it was happening....

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lizzardsamok
I remember the same thing happening in 91 or 92, if i remember correctlly their was 21 ufo's hovering over all the worlds capital cities for an hour at a time, tokyo moscow and wash. DC too.....

What the frell are you saying man?

I´ve never heard of such an event ever being mentioned anywhere before. Are you just messing about or what? I wouldn´t think you are, considering what I´ve read from your posts before.
But, surely such an event, if it happened and even was on TV, if even for a short period of time, would be widely known among UFO researchers.

Please give us a little more info lizzardsamok.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
you sure it wasn't 1996 independance day LOL only kidding sounds interesting any links?

Graham

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
It's probably true, you see all kinds of stuff on the news if you watch it at the right times, in the right sort of way (and I don't mean hallucinating it or making them say what you want them to, I mean watching it in stealth mode).

What about the goddamed Disclosure Project?! That was on the major USA news all over the place, all those official people wanting to come forward with evidence about govt. and military involvment with UFOs and ETs.

And Mexico has had their OVNIs on TV for many years, since about that eclipse in '90 or '91.

Channel 5 over here in UK - they showed amazing UFO footage documentaries a few years ago - the same sort of brilliant footage that is in the Hesseman tape or DVD 5-volume set. Since then, they have shown a few other types of documentaries that are not showing anything at all, just usually debunking stuff in the worst ways.........

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
A legend which appears most probably false has it that congress was dicussing a proposal by Rear Admiral Byrd to use Antarctica for nuclear testing at the time when the phenomenon occurred.
Does anyone know how we can find out what was actually done in congress in July 1952?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

no i refer to early 1990's i saw it on tv news as it was happening....

I wasn't refering to you, actually, was responding to the original post.

Ive never heard of a bunch of UFOs hovering over the worlds capitols except in the movie Independance Day.

As Dawnaj already stated, UFO researchers would have picked up on this if it were indeed true. Could have been something else.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dawnaj

What the frell are you saying man?

I´ve never heard of such an event ever being mentioned anywhere before. Are you just messing about or what? I wouldn´t think you are, considering what I´ve read from your posts before.
But, surely such an event, if it happened and even was on TV, if even for a short period of time, would be widely known among UFO researchers.

Please give us a little more info lizzardsamok.

Thats all i remember is seeing and hearing the "temperature inversions" over all the capitol cities on channel 9 here locally, i get call sign maybe you could investigate it, i dont care much to prove ufos exist i know they do.
Ask tv stations for archived video of temp inversions not UFO youll get more UFO pictures LOL

I also remember recently a paper fire in new mexico near dulce, in the middle of desert there was a PAPER fire,lol
didnt see that either did you?
Evidence burning IMHO

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Byrd? Was that before or after he discovered those lands up at the North Pole?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
As I recall, there were actually two different Washington fleet sightings...little more than a week apart (in 52' I think) and one of the main criticisms was how long it took to scramble fighters to investigate (the crafts were gone by then). It was after this, that Ed Ruppelt (former head of Bluebook) claims the Bluebook shift went from explain to debunk.

Not only were these craft sighted visually, but they were also picked up on radar (this is where the temperature inversion explanation comes from, trying to explain the blips). However, if that was the case, there wouldn't have been VISUAL phenomenon... Not to mention, DC radar operators are some of the most skilled in the nation with so much air traffic, so to assume that each simply interpreted the blips wrong, is a huge disservice to their ability.

Yes, I do recall a blurb about it happening again in 90 or 91, and yes, I remember the temp inversion theory trotted out again, as it too appeared on radar as well.

A legend which appears most probably false has it that congress was dicussing a proposal by Rear Admiral Byrd to use Antarctica for nuclear testing at the time when the phenomenon occurred.

Presently (not sure if it was then) Antarctica is neutral territory owned by all nations if I'm not mistaken. Researchers there aren't even permitted to leave their trash there, and must fly it out!
This is to keep any effect on the environment to an absolute minimum. So I can't see tests happening.

[edit on 7-2-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
thanks for backing me up gazrok,

It was on world news everywhere i dont know how these alleged investagators missed it.....

further more I vaguely remember another wave during 1999,
over the white house at least.

same "MO" 21 UFO in V formation hovering over US capitol,
Not a word of it from media then or since
just a quick image by media to supress and pacify those who witnessed it.

I dont know why people harp on old stuff like roswell and things from 50 years ago when there is plenty of things around happening right now.
For you young ones check the 90;s for instance that decade is full of mass sightings and abductions, mine was in 95....FYI

IF you want the medias video on UFOs they have none ,
but if you ask them for videos of tempurature invesions, id bet they have plenty of those..............

[edit on 7-2-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
ufo's appeared allegedly near the whitehouse during the 50's

Have you noticed that since 1950, technology went on VERY fast.....is that weird??????????? that since that special time we started to have T.V, computers, cell phones, nuclear weapons and all kinda of new stuff? It goes on and on...

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I beleive those UFO's are the ones who dropped off George Bush- something about him not being wanted in their planet..not sure how the story went...

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Presently (not sure if it was then) Antarctica is neutral territory owned by all nations if I'm not mistaken. [edit on 7-2-2005 by Gazrok]

During and for a certain time after WWII Antarctica was being claimed by various nations. During the war Argentina laid claim to British territories in Antarctica, prompting Britain to dispatch 3 ships, including a troop carrier (supposedly sans troops) to establish a weather station in the territory and shore up their claim.
The Germans claimed part of Queen Maud Land as Neuschwabbenland.
America's Operation Highjump looked very much like an invasion- two seperate landings were made and the two forces executed what was essentially a pincer move on Queed Maud Land/Neuschwabbenland. This is interesting but not conclusive because the stated purpose of Highjump was to evaluate equipment and techniques for operations in subzero climates.

As for Admiral Byrd's supposed sightings over the poles- both were before Operation Highjump and the alleged 1952 nuclear testing idea. I would like to stress that we don't know for sure what he found down there, but extreme differences between the what was planned and what was actually done in Operation Highjump suggest that if there were hostilities they ended in defeat for the US forces.
Shortly afterward Secretary of Defense James Forrestal started talking about Zionist conspiracies and the potential for a communist invasion, was comitted to Bethesda, then was "suicided" just hours before his scheduled release.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

dont know why people harp on old stuff like roswell and things from 50 years ago when there is plenty of things around happening right now.

Well, Roswell simply has a ton of supporting evidence, and remains the best case... We've got high-ranking eye-witnesses, all with the same story, lots of civilian witnesses, an official Army press release, a newspaper and wire headline, and scores of documents supporting the events. Likewise, we've got mounting evidence proving that the USAF coverstory is completely false, including the revised coverstory in '95. No other case since Roswell has as much supporting evidence, especially such a case including recovered aliens as well as craft debris. Likewise, the things that happened after this event are equally surprising. The "invention" of the transistor, by a man whom according to his comrades simply wasn't capable of it.....the complete reorganizing of the US defense department, seemingly overnight, establishment of the CIA, breakout of the Air Force, etc. etc. all in '47 after the crash...

For a real surprising "old stuff" moment, check into the so-dubbed "Battle of Beverly Hills in '42", numerous witnesses, the Army Air Defense firing ineffectively at UFOs, planes ineffective, front page of the LA Times, etc.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join