It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clapper: We Still Have No Evidence of ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Clapper on CNN yesterday and still insists there's no real evidence of the Trump Campaign colluding with Russians !!

Another bad day for Democrats.

Maybe his message was to get off that broken axle wagon before you get reduced to Kathy Griffin art displays.

Sauce for the Goose as they say. Go Fish.

Clapper: We Still Have No Evidence of Collusion Between The Trump Campaign And The Russians

During an interview with CNN Tuesday morning, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper again stated there is no evidence to show officials from the Trump presidential campaign worked with the Kremlin to change the outcome of the 2016 election. Further, Clapper said there is nothing to show the content of routine conversations between the Trump transition team and Russian officials were nefarious in nature.

"I also have to say that with specific respect to the issue of collusion, as I’ve said before, I’ve testified to this effect, i saw no direct evidence of political collusion between the campaign, the Trump campaign and the Russians," Clapper said.

+3 more 
posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No evidence, air time = one minute.

Anti Russian rhetoric = hours and hours...

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
They have some really good people working for the intelligence agencies, some of the best in the country. If they can't find anything in over four months of extensive search, I doubt if there is anything. It becomes a waste of money after a while.

The Democrats are just trying to throw stones at Trump and the media is the slingshot. Talk about a waste of taxpayers moneys created by the press and the Far left that are causing this draw on our tax dollars. This behavior will necessitate boosting treason laws to cover this kind of social behavior, a few people and the media will cause this necessity, the thing is, the Democrats will be the ones limiting our rights if they get in power, the Republicans tend to want people to have rights.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Was something supposed to have changed between this interview and when he testified in Congress? He said he himself saw no direct evidence. He is not privy to anything the investigations are uncovering, if anything.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Uh, your title is completely bogus and the whole premise of this thread is disingenuous. I'd go so far as to call it disinfo.

"We still have..."

Is that what Clapper said? No, it's not what he said. In fact, he simply reiterated his previous statements. While he was DNI, he saw no direct evidence of collusion.

Clapper hasn't been DNI since his resignation on January 20, 2017 — 131 days ago. He has no idea what has been uncovered since then nor is he claiming to. Because you're not a drooling moron, I can only assume that you knew that when you created the thread which only leaves disingenuity.

Furthermore, according to his own testimony, Clapper was unaware of the FBI counterintelligence investigation when he was in office.

Finally, a point that really needs to be stressed repeatedly because there is an attempt — mostly by Trumpologists — to falsely assert that the investigations are simply about collusion:

Possible collusion is only one aspect of the investigations, albeit one of the most significant. The investigations are into the totality of Russian interference in the election. Even without all the circumstantial evidence (smoke, if you will) suggesting the possibility of collusion, the investigation of the DNC, DCCC and Podesta email hacks are all important and something that even Trump supporters should be in favor of.

Why wouldn't they be? More importantly, why wouldn't the President of the United States be in favor of them? Does his ego eclipse national security?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
We Do have evidence of Clapper lying multiple times to Congress and the American people.
Why the hell does he even work for us anymore?
Are these people beyond reach?
Sick of them all.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

There were more than a dozen separate investigations into Benghazi but invesitgating foreign interference into our election is a waste of money?

Exactly how much money do you think has been "wasted?" Is it anything approaching the costs for security incurred by the First Lady and the President's youngest child remaining in NYC? The fact is, it's a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things and when it comes to any other investigation — investigation with popular support from the Right I should say — no amount is too great and there's no limit on the time to be expended.

With or without the possibility of collusion, this is an issue that deserves a thorough and comprehensive investigation.

This behavior will necessitate boosting treason laws to cover this kind of social behavior, a few people and the media will cause this necessity, the thing is, the Democrats will be the ones limiting our rights if they get in power, the Republicans tend to want people to have rights.

Oh boy. The cognitive dissonance is strong with you. In one sentence, your inner authoritarian speaks about how we'll need to expand laws to silence dissenters who make you feel bad. Then in the VERY NEXT sentence, you claim that it will be the Democrats who will enact these laws because you — who just said we need to expand "treason laws" (it would actually be sedition) — "tend to want people to have rights."

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Actually the picture of this administration and the MSM and Democrat response, combined with Maxine Waters is making me think this is turning into a bizaarre, twisted, Inspector Clouseau movie.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Maybe it's time to put some sort of truth in media laws.
Starting with no corporation can call something news when it's actually classified as entertainment.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Maybe it's time to put some sort of truth in media laws.
Starting with no corporation can call something news when it's actually classified as entertainment.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I just hope they finish the investigation before Trump's term is over.

To think that this eclipses anything else on the world stage is bordering on pathetic. I wonder, will the eventual absence of evidence ever be enough to justify terminating the probe, or does it need to go forward until someone is found guilty of something?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You have forgotten about the DNC's 'Trump-card' - Mad Max, therefore your argument is invalid.........

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: rickymouse

There were more than a dozen separate investigations into Benghazi but invesitgating foreign interference into our election is a waste of money?

Exactly how much money do you think has been "wasted?" Is it anything approaching the costs for security incurred by the First Lady and the President's youngest child remaining in NYC? The fact is, it's a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things and when it comes to any other investigation — investigation with popular support from the Right I should say — no amount is too great and there's no limit on the time to be expended.

With or without the possibility of collusion, this is an issue that deserves a thorough and comprehensive investigation.

This behavior will necessitate boosting treason laws to cover this kind of social behavior, a few people and the media will cause this necessity, the thing is, the Democrats will be the ones limiting our rights if they get in power, the Republicans tend to want people to have rights.

Oh boy. The cognitive dissonance is strong with you. In one sentence, your inner authoritarian speaks about how we'll need to expand laws to silence dissenters who make you feel bad. Then in the VERY NEXT sentence, you claim that it will be the Democrats who will enact these laws because you — who just said we need to expand "treason laws" (it would actually be sedition) — "tend to want people to have rights."

I have been around for a while, it is the liberals who pass those kinds of laws if people challenge them. This is not going to end with Trump, this chaos is just going to get worse, if the Democrats win next election it will be twice as bad as it is with Trump right now. The Liberals are screwing up royaly, I would bet that they would not go a hundred days without taking action to suppress this kind of activity. The MSM may lighten up next election against a Democrat, but the internet will make up for it with crap flowing like diahrea against the next Democratic President. The Liberals and MSM are opening up pandoras box, this may destroy our American society within the next eight years. MSM is playing right into Putins hand.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm no fan of Clapper, but I guess even he is capable of making a truthful statement on the rare occasion. The MSM and Dems are making fools of themselves on this Russia business.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
We Do have evidence of Clapper lying multiple times to Congress and the American people.
Why the hell does he even work for us anymore?
Are these people beyond reach?
Sick of them all.

We have evidence he lied multiple times? Where?

He doesn't work for anyone anymore, he's retired. Which is why his statement in the interview is irrelevant to where all these Russian investigations are going, he doesn't know.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

He doesn't work for anyone anymore

That we know of.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

No.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I just hope they finish the investigation before Trump's term is over.

I hope that it's finished before the year is over myself.

To think that this eclipses anything else on the world stage is bordering on pathetic. I wonder, will the eventual absence of evidence ever be enough to justify terminating the probe, or does it need to go forward until someone is found guilty of something?

My personal opinion — and granted, it's mostly speculation based on circumstantial evidence — is that the following will be the result:

- More substantial evidence that the Russians were behind the hacks.
- No evidence of Trump himself colluding with the Russian government.
- Evidence of ethics violations from a few individuals but probably none relating directly to Russian interference.
- If anyone gets hit for something related to collusion, it'll be one of these four: Manafort, Cohen, Epshteyn or Page.

At this point, I'd also like Seth Rich's murder to be part of the FBI investigation so that any question of his involvement can be put to rest.

Since we're all making an effort to not be our normal asshole selves, I'd like to bring up a piece of the puzzle that is often overlooked because the reporting on it was framed a certain way and it came (relatively) late:

The FBI reached out to the DNC in September of 2015 because they had reason to believe that the DNC was the target of an attack by "The Dukes" (aka APT29 aka Cozy Bear). The administrator they contacted was a contractor who basically ignored their call — which was the focus of the reporting.

What concerns me is that there will be a smoking gun that cements the attribution for the hacks but because of the nature of the evidence and what it reveals about intel collection, it won't be shared with the public.

In my opinion, Trump missed an excellent opportunity and then he added fuel to the fire. He could have set aside his ego, taken the position that as President, nothing concerned him more than our national security and given his full support to the investigations.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Uh, your title is completely bogus and the whole premise of this thread is disingenuous. I'd go so far as to call it disinfo.

"We still have..."

Is that what Clapper said? No, it's not what he said. In fact, he simply reiterated his previous statements. While he was DNI, he saw no direct evidence of collusion.

Clapper hasn't been DNI since his resignation on January 20, 2017 — 131 days ago. He has no idea what has been uncovered since then nor is he claiming to. Because you're not a drooling moron, I can only assume that you knew that when you created the thread which only leaves disingenuity.

Furthermore, according to his own testimony, Clapper was unaware of the FBI counterintelligence investigation when he was in office.

Finally, a point that really needs to be stressed repeatedly because there is an attempt — mostly by Trumpologists — to falsely assert that the investigations are simply about collusion:

Possible collusion is only one aspect of the investigations, albeit one of the most significant. The investigations are into the totality of Russian interference in the election. Even without all the circumstantial evidence (smoke, if you will) suggesting the possibility of collusion, the investigation of the DNC, DCCC and Podesta email hacks are all important and something that even Trump supporters should be in favor of.

Why wouldn't they be? More importantly, why wouldn't the President of the United States be in favor of them? Does his ego eclipse national security?

I have been trying to imagine what its like to think or believe the Russian story and actually fight for the narrative when still nope nothing no matter how comments are tried to be construed.

It must be a lot of work to rebuttal some of this no evidence or fact things. Then again like one person said a hour on the Russian narrative and 1 minute on the simple no evidence to even suggest collusion or any crime. So a lot of material to work with.

I mean its easy from my view. To view it still as a connect the dots or connect the false stories from others views that believe there was collusion. For almost a year its been easy for me. I wake up daily and within 5 minutes know there is no evidence still and still a made up narrative. Show me something and sure but still not a bit. I am open to persuasion always but I still don't get it.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Yawn, the unexpergated version,

Is the OP misleading and needs revision...of course it is! More fake news from a propaganda source, and very disappointing.
edit on 31-5-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join