It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barron Trump Thought Beheaded Image was his Dad

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Boadicea

Melania Trump didn't tell TMZ this story, a "Trump family source" did. No where in the article does it mention Melania as a source.

The end of the article tries to conflate the comments Melania made on twitter and the story the "source" told TMZ, which is suspect in itself that the article does that.

Red flags all over that this is manufactured.

When/if a retraction and/or clarification is posted, feel free to post it -- and I will do the same.

Melania did not refute what was reported, and her statement supported it. I have no doubt it could have happened, and therefore I do not doubt that it did happen. I would rather err on the side of caution.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

So you never take pictures of your children and show them off? Assuming you're human that is, liberals are wierd like that.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Please read my initial post again.

Here's the thing. I don't think I've seen anyone here say that they agreed with what Griffin did. Everyone has said it's tacky and gross and in bad taste. That should be the end of it

I'm glad you said that because that's exactly the point I'm trying to make. We ALL know it was wrong, and it SHOULD end there. But instead what are we seeing? People finding every reason to still deflect, even when it had to do with Barron. What does he have to do with this?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

What are the different dynamics? The only dynamic you've mentioned is that someone famous did this one.

Kathy Griffin is a nobody who fizzled out years ago who is looking for attention and she has gotten it just like those "racist nobodies" that did it to Obama got their attention.

You're splitting hairs to ignore they are the same thing.
edit on 5/31/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Trump isn't innocent, and I honestly didn't equate the image of Kathy Griffin hold Trump's head with ISIS and terrorism. I equated the image with "The Queen of Swords" from "Alice in Wonderland"..... and I equated it with the historic French Revolution, when the people took matters into their own hands and beheaded insensitive and greedy royals.

edit on 31-5-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

So you never take pictures of your children and show them off? Assuming you're human that is, liberals are wierd like that.

Not when I'm applying for a job or pushing an agenda.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Using an appeal to emotion with your child being that appeal is tacky and bad parenting.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Im not splitting hairs, but you are pulling straws.

My initial post I already said they are both within their rights. < This alone should tell you I acknowledge it.

My argument is everyone deflecting and comparing the 2 as of all the dynamics are the same, which they are not.

Beyond them being within their rights and expressing themselves by killing the President in a distasteful way, that's where the similarities in dynamics end.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

What are the different dynamics other than a famous person doing it? Please answer that question and don't continue avoiding it.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

My argument is everyone deflecting and comparing the 2 as of all the dynamics are the same, which they are not.

Why are they not the same? Please explain how the dynamics are different.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Using an appeal to emotion with your child being that appeal is tacky and bad parenting.

YES!!!

The image was in TERRIBLE TASTE ... NO argument from me.

USING your kid though? Trying to turn something tasteless a C-LIST celeb did to your favor?

SAD!
edit on 31-5-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
it was awful.
as were the MULTIPLE pictures of a lynched Obama.nvm

Somebody had to say it.
It's all about "Free Speech" and "Je suis Charlie Hebdo" until it's your guy. I'm sure that we will very soon be informed of death threats against her...being delivered without an iota of irony.
That being said, having exercised her free speech, she is also experiencing the consequences that can come with it, cuz that's how it works.
edit on 31-5-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Well, "racist nobodies" did it to Obama, a "nobody" Z-list celebrity did it to Trump.

That's about as far as the "different dynamics" go from what he's said so far. Literally splitting hairs.
edit on 5/31/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

First of all, being more famous and Influential is already a huge difference in dynamics.

Secondly the Obama hangings came from extreme right racists. Their act was shocking but not really surprising. Typical hate crime.

Griffin is not a racist, this wasn't even an act of racism or a hate crime, shocking AND surprising. This is a comic trying to make a political statement, or be extremely controversial on purpose. She knew damn well what she was doing and understood damn well the repercussions. Her fake apology was so "sincere"

What religion do they behead people like that and hold their heads in that manner?

What is the narrative with that religion coming from the west? Especially the from the LEFT? Oh by the way the same place she happens to be from.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Boadicea

Melania Trump didn't tell TMZ this story, a "Trump family source" did. No where in the article does it mention Melania as a source.

The end of the article tries to conflate the comments Melania made on twitter and the story the "source" told TMZ, which is suspect in itself that the article does that.

Red flags all over that this is manufactured.

When/if a retraction and/or clarification is posted, feel free to post it -- and I will do the same.

Melania did not refute what was reported, and her statement supported it. I have no doubt it could have happened, and therefore I do not doubt that it did happen. I would rather err on the side of caution.

This is TMZ, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a retraction or clarification.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
All you people downplaying this are a bunch of peanuts! Yeah, sure, the kid has probably seen loads of movies and shows depicting death and violence. He's an 11 year old boy, they live for that sh!t

The moment he saw this though, being 11 and no doubt with a child's imagination, the first thing he would have thought was some crazy ugly and boy is she ugly woman has hacked off my dad's head. No ifs or buts.

Same goes for all the images depicting Obama being lynched, it's pretty twisted but in the interest of free speech, anything goes.

But claiming Melania overreacted and claiming the boy wouldn't have batted an eyelid is beyond deranged.

Narcissistic fcuks!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
the difference is tho.. all those obama lynching pics werent shown on the news

people with power and influence werent the ones doing it earlier, it was a bunch of nobodies

instead of those people with influence doing something positive they have to be hateful, and the msm eats it up b/c they have a bias against trump and they would wet themselves if something did happen and they would gladly show trumps dead body on the news if given the chance

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

None of that matters. You know that Obama's girls got on the internet as all teens and tweens do. You know they had to see some of the awful things that people wanted to do Obama. You know how it must have upset them to see stuff like that. You know that their parents had to sit down with them and try to explain that their mom and dad are as safe as can be.

There really are no different dynamics here. Fear of seeing images of your dad being burned or torn about or hung is upsetting, no matter what the circumstances.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ia reply to: kaylaluv

You're missing the point Kayla, I'm not, nor have I been defending or making excuses for either side.

My initial point was quite simple. Both sides are wrong and it should've ended right there. That's my point. Why the need to deflect? Read this thread, people are making excuses and deflecting, going as far as saying it's fake and a PR stunt.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TOMFROMOZ

But claiming Melania overreacted and claiming the boy wouldn't have batted an eyelid is beyond deranged.

No one is claiming that. But, Melania DID overreact, if this story is to be believed. First families don't use their own children to thwart free speech. Michele Obama never resorted to such banalities, and I'm sure their children suffered from public displays of lynching and burnt effigies of their father's image.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join