It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barron Trump Thought Beheaded Image was his Dad

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I never thought that, said that, or insinuated that.

Then why are giving me a "verbal beat down" for arguing against the need for a "restraining order" against Kathy Griffin, on Barron Trump's behalf?

Belittling my character because you don't like my opinion is beneath you.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Then why are giving me a "verbal beat down" for arguing against the need for a "restraining order" against Kathy Griffin, on Barron Trump's behalf?

Didn't happen.

I gave you a "verbal beat down" for telling a lie -- minimizing and sugar coating KG's PROMISE to go after Barron specifically into a weaselly "she didn't exclude the option." I never addressed the specific nature of her promise.

And until I read in another poster's comment that KG actually went to Sarah Palin's HOME, I had not even considered the possibility of her being a physical threat. However, that she did definitely raises red flags. Yet you refuse to address KG's previous provocations, minimize and sugarcoat and otherwise misrepresent her recent provocations, expect more from an 11-year-old than you do a grown ass woman, and have spent days and almost 40 pages doing so.

Belittling my character because you don't like my opinion is beneath you.

Your misrepresentation of my words -- and KG's words -- is not opinion. You presented your opinion and wishful thinking as fact. Your opinion...no matter how many times you say or how much you want to believe it, even if part of a vocal consensus... does not constitute fact or truth. Pretending it does would be beneath me. Molly coddling your fragile ego would be beneath me. And not calling out your mistruths would be beneath me. It would be beneath both of us.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

pretty long drawl there

i cant find what thread i posted it in but yesterday after reading many more comments from people saying things like when they were 14 for example certain images horrified them.

ive come to the conclusion that a lot of people are too sheltered. my opinion

i showed my soon to be 5 year old daughter the pic yesterday.
i said what do you think about that and she said its kinda weird then went back about her business.
no big deal. has not mentioned it since. no trauma. no nightmares.

leads me to think people definitely are blowing it way out of proportion.

i still dont think the baron thing went down as the trump unnamed source said with him crying mommy mommy.
i just dont think so.

if he did even see it i seriously doubt he thought it was real.

i just dont see it

whatever

and now people are advocating for a restraining order?
wow

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Apparently, you like Barron Trump can't tell the difference between political satire and reality.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Okay. But I find that very disturbing. You took a mighty big risk at your little girl's expense for political talking points on an anonymous forum. So I am very thankful that you did not traumatize your little girl by showing her that disgusting picture -- for her sake. And I will also hope that it doesn't haunt her in the future in both known and unknown ways.

leads me to think people definitely are blowing it way out of proportion.

It is impossible to even equate the two situations. On the most fundamental level, the level of mental and emotional understanding is vastly different, not to mention personal experiences. On the one hand, your 4-year-old daughter was shown a picture by someone she trusts, of someone that means nothing to her, which presents no personal threat to her. On the other hand, an 11-year-old whose father has been repeatedly publicly vilified and threatened sees a picture of his dad's bloody severed head on the news. That is very personal and personally threatening -- especially to a child.

Further, as you noted, your daughter could turn away and go "back about her business" because it has no personal meaning to her now or in the future. Barron cannot just forget because knows that his dad continues to be a target. For Barron it's personal and very very real.

This isn't a do-over. Since a reasonable middle ground cannot be found here, I will err on the side of caution. Better to go to extremes to protect children than to just blow it off at the expense of children.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Okay. But I find that very disturbing. You took a mighty big risk at your little girl's expense for political talking points on an anonymous forum. So I am very thankful that you did not traumatize your little girl by showing her that disgusting picture -- for her sake. And I will also hope that it doesn't haunt her in the future in both known and unknown ways.

clearly you find a lot of things disturbing. i took no risk at all. i know my kid. i wanted to see what she would say/how she would react but i did not think for an instant it would be trauma. i knew it would be no big deal to her.

i did not try to compare her to baron. more to the adults that are so disturbed they cant even look and to the people that say when they were 13 for example they were horrified at a movie or horrified when they saw a dead animal.

my daughter reacted how i expected her to.

you dont need to hope that she is not haunted in the future. thats stupid to even say really.

you my friend are making this image out to be something far, far worse than it is

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

It is what it is. Nothing more and nothing less. Our words will stand on their own merit, and cannot and will not change the truth of the matter.

It is what it is.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

It is what it is. Nothing more and nothing less. Our words will stand on their own merit, and cannot and will not change the truth of the matter.

It is what it is.

for sure
youre not wrong for how you feel
im not saying that

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i cant find what thread i posted it in but yesterday after reading many more comments from people saying things like when they were 14 for example certain images horrified them.

ive come to the conclusion that a lot of people are too sheltered. my opinion

Hey there tinysicktears.. this is the thread in which we had that convo.

Yes, my parents did keep me away from bloody stuff, but I don't remember any crushing reality checks when I found the world to be more horrific than my childhood had suggested. I don't think being too sheltered ends up creating too many long term problems.
If anything, I ended up exploring the dark side a little later through my choice in books and art..
all this is NOT to say that other ways of parenting are not equally successful and right.

My point is that it's not a bad thing to have not seen images of violent death as a young child, imo. I remember the utter horror I felt when I heard of the video of Daniel Pearl being beheaded- now I barely blink an eye when I hear about beheadings. Thing is, I'm not sure I'm better off now! Am I? OK I am tougher. Is this a good thing is my question.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I'm a Dem not a Republican and even I say that not only wasn't it funny, it wasn't professional and even CNN agreed which is why her ass was cancelled. It isn't funny to pretend you have the head of a US President. I don't care how much I hate them (Trump) or how much I disagree with everything they said or did (Reagan//Bush Sr AND W). It's completely unacceptable to act like that. Its irresponsible bc not everyone who viewed that image is emotionally stable and it provokes consideration of an idea that has absolutely zero business in the collective conscience. Get it?

edit on 4-6-2017 by PRSpinster because: No no's

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

He's 11, dude. Kids do not grasp satire in the way that adults do.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

That would make most teenagers in that institution we call high school, abnormal or autistic or both.

Which may also include graffiti artists. Maybe we should ask a Liberal just be sure.
edit on 8-6-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Do you think 11 yr olds need to respond to and perceive adult material as adults would? Really? Seriously?

The word Dense comes to mind.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RisenMessiah

I don't believe that 11 year old Baron Trump believed that was really his father's head, when and if he actually saw that picture while unsupervised. I believe that a boy of that age, education and social stature would know the difference between a staged political satirical statement and reality.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You assume too much. You can't toss in a group of people and assume they're all gonna think alike. Why, that would be like assuming all Muslims were terrorists or all White people were Religious wouldn't it.

Keeping that in mind, Baron Trump might have had a different reaction were it someone he didn't know or have attachments to. But this was his Dad, big #ing difference.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: RisenMessiah

You assume too much. You can't toss in a group of people and assume they're all gonna think alike. Why, that would be like assuming all Muslims were terrorists or all White people were Religious wouldn't it.

Keeping that in mind, Baron Trump might have had a different reaction were it someone he didn't know or have attachments to. But this was his Dad, big #ing difference.

I don't believe the OP's unsourced account that Barron Trump was unsupervised and saw this horrid thing, and went crying to Melania, saying "Mommy! Mommy"! Okay? I don't believe it!

I ASSUME the son of the President of States, whose private education has been above $45k per year, a supposed "cyber expert" according to his father, would be sufficiently educated and prepped by his parents and or handlers, to know the difference between reality and political satire. I said the same thing about Obama's girls, Sasha and Malia.

We don't threaten the 1st Amendment because of one child's supposed discomfort.
edit on 8-6-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Over psychoanalyzing a childs mind doesn't work. Why can't you just let kids be kids? Baron Trump reacted to his Fathers head which appeared to be chopped off by some psycho on Television. A news story. First reaction.

If someone tossed a real looking rubber spider at your face wouldn't you react the same way, in horror? Unless of course you prefer that kind of thing.l

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Over psychoanalyzing a childs mind doesn't work.

Pfft. I don't believe the OP's unsourced account. It makes no sense. Argue with me all you want. It won't change my mind.

We don't toss out the first Amendment because a child might feel uncomfortable, even if the child is the President's kid. Certainly, nobody cared about Sasha and Malia's feeling when their father's image was getting lynched, shot and burned in public!

edit on 8-6-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Who's arguing? I'm just using logic to show you how insane it is to think any child wouldn't react in a non-sensical fashion to seeing their Parent's bloody severed head hanging from the hand of a nutcase.

There's a Yuge difference between Bama and Trump. I don't even remember that story you're talking about much, so i gather it didnt gain as much recognition as this one did.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I do believe the argument is that it probably didn't even happen.

If it did, it probably wasn't as bad/traumatic as reported.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42 >>

join