It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barron Trump Thought Beheaded Image was his Dad

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

MOST people who describe themselves as "progressive" have denounced it.

Something I DIDNT see with horrible images of Obama from conservatives.

Like it or NOT ... liberals are actually taking RESPONSIBILITY for this and SUPPORT the decision of CNN to fire her.

Feels good not living with a double standard.

link   
a reply to: seagull

When the Obama children were brought into it, I called it reprehensible, or words to that effect.

Nobody but Melania, if this report is to believed, brought Barron into this. We're only talking about Barron Trump's feelings because of her.

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Saying people have a mental illness just because they have a different opinion than you is what is dividing this community and country.

I don't ever want to hear you call anyone out for using divisive rhetoric when it seems to be your forte.

Sorry that I don't believe the story but maybe the next time you cry fake news you'll look yourself in the mirror and remember how you said I had a mental illness for calling this fake news and will realize what a hypocrite you sound like.

You can scream fake news all you want but when someone else does it they have a mental illness. That seems totally fair! Not.
edit on 5/31/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

(post by Blazemore2000 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I don't buy Barron's feelings as an excuse to silence offensive free speech. I find to be a cheap emotionally manipulative tactic that exhibits grandiose hypocrisy on Melania Trump's part, if in fact she's behind this report. She has no business trotting out Barron's feeling for political gain, in my opinion. She should deal with it like any other political parent.

Exactly right. As someone said, pretty much every president has had to deal with public violent depictions of themselves and the effects those have on their children. I don't recall any other president publicly complaining about the effect of those depictions on their kids. They know it will happen (part of the job) and they deal with it personally as parents. That doesn't mean I condone it. It just means it's going to keep happening, over and over and over, no matter who is president.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think Trump may have caused the longer term trauma to Barron here. Imagine the s*** an 11 year old is going to get from his school mates for crying over a lame Halloween image.

And no I do not think that an 11 year old in Baron's position would be 'traumatised' - he afterall would be used to seeing images of most his family with dead animals all over his house(s).

Even if he was in fact upset by this image then the Trumps should be protecting him - not using him politically to shame the woman. She has apologised, admitted she stepped too far over the line. I hope people will move on and this will not ruin the rest of her career. Trump will be back to whinging over Alec Baldwin soon enough.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
a reply to: MotherMayEye

MOST people who describe themselves as "progressive" have denounced it.

Something I DIDNT see with horrible images of Obama from conservatives.

Like it or NOT ... liberals are actually taking RESPONSIBILITY for this and SUPPORT the decision of CNN to fire her.

Feels good not living with a double standard.

I actually thought the Obama girls were treated to far less criticism than the Bush girls were treated to. And before them, I thought Chelsea took way too much flak.

But of all the major political figureheads in the last couple of decades, no kids got it worse than Palin's. I wasn't even a Palin supporter but I felt terrible for her kids.

Especially Trig being called a 'potato baby' and a 'prop.' Ug, people talking about how she should have aborted him or the claims about Bristol being his real mother.

There are a-holes on both sides...plenty of them. There are NO DOUBLE STANDARDS there.

ETA: BTW, where are you getting this "MOST people who describe themselves as "progressive" have denounced it" crap from? Has there been a poll or are you just pulling that outta yer butt?

I have seen some self-professed liberals denounce this. Most? No...I would not say that. Besides, I have found many progressive run to the Democratic party when they go to vote, so describing yourself as a 'progressive' is pretty meaningless.

ETA 2: BTW, I was a lifelong Democrat until I left the party and registered 'Unaffiliated,' in 2008. I actually do get the 'not living with double standards' thing.

I left the Democratic party so that I did NOT have to live/identify with their double standards.

edit on 31-5-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

but this is about trump so clearly it is different
its kathy griffin and she has money so it is different

it was a severed head not just trump being hing so its different

the unnamed source is on the side of trump so its different...its real and legit.
not dismissed as fake news

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Boadicea

Would have been cool if his parents told him he might come across an image that is not real and a mean joke.
Did They?
Maybe

Can't miss a chance to play on people's emotions though.

What you are blaming the parents???
Jeez, a new low.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
It's a shame it wasn't real.

Have to love liberal tolerance like this.

It's a shame someone you don't agree with wasn't in reality, beheaded.

The parallels to Islamic extremists continue to impress.

Keep spreading your love and tolerance.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

How many of these so called right wingers are there? The vast majority of those of us who swing to the right on such matters as policy are just as sickened, angered, and outraged about those pictures as any on the left. ...and I can not claim to be an Obama fan-boi...as you well know.

If they aren't, they've issues that need addressing with potent drugs--or a baseball bat.

I'm not a Trump fan-boi, either...which I've also made clear, yet this is so far out of bounds as to need a telescope to see it.

How anyone, of any political stripe, can see anything positive in these sorts of depictions is quite beyond me.

link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

The liberal support for this sick woman speaks volumes, but in the end they are only doing damage to themselves.

link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yeah. It's really about bashing the left as a whole whenever you can. Even if it doesn't fit.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Boadicea

Would have been cool if his parents told him he might come across an image that is not real and a mean joke.
Did They?
Maybe

Can't miss a chance to play on people's emotions though.

What you are blaming the parents???
Jeez, a new low.

i said it is a possibility.
i dont thin its a stretch to think trump would use this to play on peoples emotions.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Then you weren't looking very hard.

+1, right here.

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

No I'm not but I do have two step-children. What's your point?

Using your child as political bait is sick.

link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: seagull

When the Obama children were brought into it, I called it reprehensible, or words to that effect.

Nobody but Melania, if this report is to believed, brought Barron into this. We're only talking about Barron Trump's feelings because of her.

You can't even accept it when conservatives tell you it was reprehensible to subject Obama's children to this stuff. How about saying something like "I'm glad to hear that." You just can't accept that for some of us this isn't a partisan issue.
edit on 31-5-2017 by Khaleesi because: spelling again

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yeah. It's really about bashing the left as a whole whenever you can. Even if it doesn't fit.

No, it's really about calling disgusting people disgusting. No matter which side of the aisle they sit on.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: MysticPearl

The liberal support for this sick woman speaks volumes, but in the end they are only doing damage to themselves.

The hate is only increasing. First it's a mock beheading of Trump while trivializing those who've actually been beheaded from a modern day threat. Then they poke fun at Barron. And if that wasn't enough, they then blame Melania for being a terrible house wife.

The hate runs deep from the same party which is also obsessed with shutting down hate speech.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

What liberal support? Jesus Christ you guys have some thick skulls. No one is supporting what this bitch did, not even your favorite punching bag CNN, they fired her over it.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join