It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barron Trump Thought Beheaded Image was his Dad

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: diggindirt

Two words: "unnamed sources".

You guys are letting it slide this time but any other time you'd be calling it fake news based on that fact alone. No one is saying Barron deserves to cry or be psychologically scarred, we're just questioning the validity of these unnamed sources much like you guys do in any other thread that includes them.

Two words: President Trump
www.newsweek.com...

Kathy Griffin should be ashamed of herself. My children, especially my 11 year old son, Barron, are having a hard time with this. Sick!

Straight from the horse's mouth and good enough for me. But please, continue the exercise of self immolating defensive scrambling.

5 words
trump lies all the time

and more words

why would one think he wouldnt lie about this?

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Jeeze! I hate to sound like a broken record, but where was your outrage over the Obama children's perceptions?

I can tell you what their answer was back then: "too bad, so sad, blame the parents for getting into politics, need to grow a thicker skin, up to their parents to teach them to deal with it, etc.".

Wrong. I didn't vote for W or Obama and thought the effigy imagery was disgusting.

link   

Jeeze! I hate to sound like a broken record, but where was your outrage over the Obama children's perceptions?

Again, there are threads here and links all over the net if you actually cared for an answer to your asinine, deflecting question.

Can we stop deflecting to Obama now? I mean, its never been a viable debate tactic anywhere else on this site. So why are you trying it in this thread?

link   
a reply to: proximo

Just as it shows the bias of the right every time they scream FAKE NEWS any time unnamed sources are used.

link   
a reply to: seagull

To me the photos reflect the hypocrisy of the right saying things like "Griffin is so typical of the left, they're all violent mentally ill monsters".

link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You're not a parent, are you?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Obama would have been SLAUGHTERED by conservatives here said his Daughters were "tramatized" with the fake lynching photos that circulated.

Past POTUS knew better than to EXPLOIT his children.

The topic right now ISNT the image. The topic NOW is Barron being "tramatized" .... and Trump USING his child for sympathy.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

BECAUSE HE IS DESCRIBING THE NATURAL REACTION OF AN 11 YEAR OLD CHILD TO THIS.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Speak for yourself, please. Not me.

When the Obama children were brought into it, I called it reprehensible, or words to that effect. When the Clinton girl was attacked, then, too. The Bush children. Carter's daughter.

Minor children of politicians are out of bounds, period, end of sentence. Now, then, always!

link   

originally posted by: proximo

a reply to: underwerks

Unnamed sources are totally legit in this instance but in any situation that is negative to trump unnamed sources are laughed at and dismissed..fake news
In this instance though it's for realz

How is Melania an unnamed source?

Who knows if it is real, it's impossible to tell without having been there. But I think it shows your bias to automatically claim it is fake.

well this is what the OP posted

Trump family sources tell us Barron was in front of the TV watching a show when the news came on and he saw the bloody, beheaded image. We're told he panicked and screamed, "Mommy, Mommy!"

sorry.
trump family sources

link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: windword

I never had the chance. I've been too busy defending free speech and pointing out hypocrisy.

Yes, you did. From your first reply, you had every opportunity to say anything and everything that you chose to say. It was never an either/or situation.

Thus far you have chosen not to do so, but you still have that choice. Choose wisely.

Is that what your thread is about, trashing Kathy Griffin? I thought your thread was about Barron Trump's inability to discern political satire from reality, and how we should be sensitive to his little feelings.

I don't buy Barron's feelings as an excuse to silence offensive free speech. I find to be a cheap emotionally manipulative tactic that exhibits grandiose hypocrisy on Melania Trump's part, if in fact she's behind this report. She has no business trotting out Barron's feeling for political gain, in my opinion. She should deal with it like any other political parent.

I don't like what Kathy Griffin did. I don't care for her brand of comedy at all. I don't watch her shows. But I support her right to free speech.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

BECAUSE HE IS DESCRIBING THE NATURAL REACTION OF AN 11 YEAR OLD CHILD TO THIS.

THAT DOES NOT MEAN IT HAPPENED

link   

a reply to: seagull

To me the photos reflect the hypocrisy of the right saying things like "Griffin is so typical of the left, they're all violent mentally ill monsters".

I don't think she is typical of the left. I have seen many on the left denounce this as going too far.

link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

I've asked you this question more than once. Where was your outrage when they showed W's head on a spike? You keep deflecting to Obama. He wasn't the first president to receive this kind of treatment. Were you outraged every single time this happened to a president? Or only Obama?

Were YOU outraged every single time this happened to a president? Or just when it happened to Trump?

I've already answered your question several time in more than one thread. I think it is disgusting, no matter who is in office. I thought it was disgusting then. I think it is disgusting now. Even when I don't like the elected official, I have never believed in these types of behaviors.

link   
a reply to: Involutionist

The irony is there are real men, women and *children* who actually have been beheaded by "moderate rebels" armed, funded and supported by the USA.

I wouldn't call it irony. Travesty... inhumane... shameful... unconscionable... brutal... un-American... I would start there. And then have a few choice names for the political critters responsible.

And I implore those who are offended and feel animosity via *manufactured anger* towards Kathy Griffin's actions—that demonstrated a fictitious event—to muster up the same empathy for those real-life innocent victims being slaughtered across the globe directly and indirectly by their own government's foriegn policy initiatives.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding, but if one feels true outrage for the one then one will necessarily feel true outrage for the other. Nothing "*manufactured*" about it. Nor is it an either/or situation.

I hope and pray that this is a powerful lesson for all who would lose sight of basic decency and civility...

Fair enough.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm just going to plug my ears and start calling people liars now if I happen to see stories that don't jive with my preconceived narrative of the world.

link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Kathy Griffin should be ashamed of herself. My children, especially my 11 year old son, Barron, are having a hard time with this. Sick!

What did Trump think the Obama girls were going through when he was on his birther, Obama isn't an American, tirade?

You just compared personal verbal attacks to a mock decapitation in a world where Islamofascists are actively beheading people daily...

Like I said, SAVE THIS THREAD. It will make it abundantly clear *why* the 2018 and 2020 elections in the USA will see the moderate and independent voter bases resoundingly vote against the Democratic candidates.

I don't think Kathy Griffin realizes how much ammo she just gave the right with this picture. It's will pop up again and be spread across the internet in both 2018 and 2020.

The memes right themselves. Comparisons to ISIS. Making fun of westerners who've actually been beheaded. Look how tolerant the left is. Etc, etc.

In a time where extremists get the most publicity, pushing the envelope further is self-defeating. Then again, I don't believe those in the Hollywood bubble have much perspective.

link   

Barron Trump was watching television Tuesday at home with Melania when Kathy Griffin's photo appeared on the screen, and his initial reaction was that something terrible happened to his father. Trump family sources tell us Barron was in front of the TV watching a show when the news came on and he saw the bloody, beheaded image. We're told he panicked and screamed, "Mommy, Mommy!" As it was put to us, "He's 11. He doesn't know who Kathy Griffin is and the head she was holding resembled his dad." Melania called out Kathy, saying what she did was disturbing, wrong and "makes you wonder about [her] mental health." President Trump also blasted Griffin for posing with the head, saying, Barron was having a hard time dealing with it. Griffin has apologized.

does not say melania is the source

so again, in this instance an unnamed source is totally legit and taken as gospel

in instances where trump is seen in a bad light its YUGE FAKE NEWS CAUSE THE SOURCE IS UNNAMED
hahahahaha
edit on 31-5-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

...and most conservatives with kids, or kids in their lives, wouldn't have said boo about him had he said anything. You're painting with an entirely too broad a brush.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

No, I think Kathy Griffin was within the limits of free speech (and, yes, there are some limits), but I am not surprised at the backlash she is getting and I don't disbelieve this story about Barron thinking it was real. I can see how he may have thought that.

IOW, I don't think Kathy Griffin should be jailed or deprived of any rights for this. CNN firing her? That's fine. People on the left & right (and in the center) tuning out/boycotting her. That's fine, too.

Thank you for saying that -- I agree.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join