It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Dept official stumped for 20 seconds when asked why US slams Iran but not Saudis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The video almost speaks for itself:

During a press conference about US President Donald Trump’s recent trip to the Middle East, AFP journalist Dave Clark asked a department official why the US criticizes the Iranian elections and its record on democracy, but not Saudi Arabia.

World championship in double standards... and the winner is... the US State Department... again!

source

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Shhhh....

That's where we get our oil from.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

This is what it looks like when a state department official gets red pilled from a simple question and then his mind is blown!

The fact that we are "allied" with Saudi Arabia is the smoking gun evidence, it means we are allied with radical Islam, and arm them while politically defending their barbarism.

You know, Merica!

edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago05America/Chicago531amWednesday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
We would never criticize the Saudis, even though they are known for supporting terrorism and frequently for human rights violations..

originally posted by: grey580

This might surprise you but, the US is leasing our very own off-shore oil rigs (off the Pacific Coast) to none other than Saudi Arabia! They are getting OUR oil and then selling it back to us (even though a simple cost vs. profit analysis would suggest they would be better off just selling the oil that's right under their own country). I believe the Saudis may be running out of oil or their "reserves" are highly overstated (OPEC members often falsify a lot of their "reserve" levels for various reasons)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

You have a link for that?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It does indeed seem like the west is the bitch for Saudi Arabia, this clip really speaks volumes..

On a separate note even in the UK the links with Saudi Arabia are evident to see, anyone who has passed their embassey in London would have seen the amount of resources that are pumped into their security, I have never seen a building or location with such a armed Police presence, even more so than Downing Street.. What does that tell you???...

RA

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Really doesn't require an answer. It 'should' be obvious. 9-11 not withstanding, I haven't seen any Americans killed be IEDs from SA. I haven't seen seizure and humiliation of US Navy personnel by SA. I haven't seen ballistic missile tests from SA. I haven't seen any similar Gov't sponsored groups like Hamas or Hezbollah from SA.

Don't see a Russian-Syrian coalition from SA.

'Nuff said.

edit on 31-5-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If we just toppled Saudi Arabia like we've done other sovereigns worldwide for decades, we'd make a real strike against terrorism, stand for human rights, and have the oil too.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Of the 9/11 hijackers, 15 of the 19 were Saudis (none were from Iraq or Afghanistan), and Saudi Arabia has successfully pressured the US government to squash lawsuits seeing to hold the Saudi government responsible for supporting terror.

So yes, it is most definitely a fair question to ask.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Source is Confronting Collapse: The Crisis of Energy and Money in a Post Peak Oil World by Michael Ruppert, in which he extensively cites his sources but without the book in front of me I can't look it up.

Basically Ruppert describes how Saudi Arabia's lobbying groups have exploited our spineless politicians to allow them to lease our own off-shore oil rigs and then sell that very oil back to us, even though they supposedly have some of the largest oil reserves on the planet and it would be cheaper for them to sell us their oil. Makes you raise your eyebrows though, doesn't it?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Really doesn't require an answer. It 'should' be obvious. 9-11 not withstanding, I haven't seen any Americans killed be IEDs from SA. I haven't seen seizure and humiliation of US Navy personnel by SA. I haven't seen ballistic missile tests from SA. I haven't seen any similar Gov't sponsored groups like Hamas or Hezbollah from SA.

'Nuff said.

That's because we fight their wars for them. Do you know that the US conducted a series of strikes against Yemen, around the time Obama left office? Why does the United States give a crap about Yemen? We don't. But Saudi Arabia does.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I love the fact that our commerce sec. Wilbur Ross, said that he does not see any Saudi citizen protesting their own government, so they must be happy with it....apparently, he failed to know, or if he did, acknowledge, that a Saudi citizen can be imprisoned for protesting.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Because frail people rule us. People who lack real strength and intelligence so as to rely instead on wealth and its hunger.

Because there was a jungle there millions of years ago and now they live atop its rot that they sell to us a barrel at a time.

Think about it.

edit on 5 31 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Edit : never mind should have scrolled down a bit more.
edit on 31-5-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
I love the fact that our commerce sec. Wilbur Ross, said that he does not see any Saudi citizen protesting their own government, so they must be happy with it....apparently, he failed to know, or if he did, acknowledge, that a Saudi citizen can be imprisoned for protesting.

It's no wonder why so many folks are in love with Saudi Arabia. Anti-government dissidence is met with prison and/or death.

Notice the new trend regarding all of us "Trump haters." Resident neo-cons on ATS inform us regularly that being a "Trump hater," is terroristic in nature and that we pose the greatest threat to national security.

They want the U.S. to take step in the likes of SA regarding their policies/legislation on free speech, protest, and anti-government ideals.

I could talk about the implication and involvement of SA in 9/11, the 28 redacted pages that PROVE - beyond a doubt - that Saudi officials set the entire thing up with help from multiple intelligence agencies, and even though the current administration knew full-well that it WAS an attack by Saudi Arabian extremists - we still blamed a sovereign nation that had nothing to do with the attack so we could justify an invasion and subsequent occupation for oil and heroin.

It just so happen, about a decade later or so, Americans are facing an opioid addiction/crisis.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Reminds me of the " want to get away" commercial.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

'Nuff said.

Saudi helped created God damed ISIS!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Shhhh....

Artist's conception...

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

'Nuff said.

That's because we fight their wars for them. Do you know that the US conducted a series of strikes against Yemen, around the time Obama left office? Why does the United States give a crap about Yemen? We don't. But Saudi Arabia does.

I get the Yemen example, but "we fight their wars for them?" Yemen has been a pain in the ass for a while now. The U.S.S. Cole is a pretty good eg. of that. So what other 'wars' have we fought for them?

It's fairly obvious that the Saudis see Iran as THE threat and do NOT intend on relying on the U.S.....to the tune of 300+ Billion in defense investments in the next ten years.

From what I can see, Trump has basically offered a clean slate to these ME nations. Both for their acts AND ours.

We shall see how this plays out.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

'Nuff said.

Saudi helped created God damed ISIS!

Great, so some faction in Saudi Arabia assisted in creating Isis. Fine what do you propose? Nuke 'em? Then WE armed them.

Look, none of the players are without guilt. Period. Trump is offering away out of this. Held out a hand. They will take it or they won't. If not? That 'hand' will likely become a fist!

JMO.

top topics

join