It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Liberal, I am disgusted with the current state of neo-liberalism

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

If you think about it, it's only liberal in the sense of liberating the government to do whatever the heck it wants to you.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Wasn't that refuted in another thread. Why try to pass it in this one?

I see on the net that it has fallen below 50% but that is not what you are claiming.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
What does it mean to be a liberal in 2017?

Hard question to answwr.

a reply to: toysforadults

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Wasn't that refuted in another thread. Why try to pass it in this one?

I see on the net that it has fallen below 50% but that is not what you are claiming.

It's not so hard to refute.

The mean income for an American household is in the $50K range. Go to a cost of living calculator and assume you live in almost any other state of the union with that income. Then compare what you would need to make to be on comparable footing to live in a place like California or New York or Chicago.

Let's say you live in Abilene, TX, and are moving to Chicago area. $50,000 needs to be $62,607 - a 25% increase.

Moving to Los Angeles would require you to make $75,592 - a %51 increase.

Moving to New York would require you to make $93,318 - an 86% increase.

And that's just to break even with the standard of living you had in Abilene at $50,000. You know not everyone in those cities is pulling those rates to live middle class lifestyles.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

California is a big place and you are focused on the cities. Besides, none of that proves "You are either very wealthy or very poor."

Just because someone making $50K in Smallsville, USA has extra money after paying their bills does not mean that "There is barely any middle class left" in California.

You are twisting things to fit your claim.

<< 1  2   >>

join