It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covfefe

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I apologize in advance for not reading all of this thread. So if this has already been suggested...

I like puzzles. So once President Trump said some people know what it means, and therefore not a typo, I pulled out my ninja google skillz.

I got the idea that covfefe was really two words: cov and fefe.

Here's what I found:

COV

FEFE

Given Trump's background in media-- and certainly any vernacular concerning Neilson-- and his generally crude style...and if you read the context of his tweet, he just created another way to say "fake news".

COV = coverage

and

FEFE = fake ...well you know what.

Combining the two concepts you essentially get "fake news"

edit on 1-6-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

That's just brilliant , those guys should get their own show.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Just a bunch of "confusing" "memes", right?

For the most part, yes. You get a lot of stars and flags for criticizing American media.

How come you weren't able to debunk even 10% of any one of those pieces?

It would be a complete waste of my time. Everyone knows that media often shows a bias, and that television, being a visual medium, sometimes has to "enhance" their visuals. This practice goes back to the days of oil painting. Do you really think all those kings and emperors were so good looking? You only make yourself look foolish by acting like you are some sort of brilliant "guru." Please learn to be focused and concise if you actually want to inform.

What part of " global leadership is about appearances; ie; propaganda" did you not understand?

Appearances, huh? You mean like these appearances:

No, like these:
China leads the world in renewable energy.

China sets CO2 limits.

China's economic dominanace in Asia.

You need to stop thinking in memes and actually start paying attention to what is going on.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
MISTAKE
edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: loam
I learn something here every day. Though I am not sure if what you taught me today is something that I could not have lived without.

I guess I am a pretty visual person, so I had to Google how to make a fee fee. Of course Vimeo was there to educate. After watching the video I think that you just may be on to something.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It really does fit Trump like a glove (pun intended).

I think this makes sense. It sounds like something he would say.

edit on 1-6-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

You say it wouldnt be worth your time, yet you do spend ridiculous amounts of time bickering in and derailing my threads.

An Obama Hillary minion in here patting China on the back. How am I not surprised.

China, the #1 global industrial manufacturer, as well as the #1 polluter (in something like every possible type of pollution), only more recently getting on a serious track for renewable energies, and we're supposed to hip hip hooray them for they are jolly good fellos and we're the worst for not all of US losing our collective minds over CO2.

You just go on wit cho bad self.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: loamFEFE = fake ...well you know what.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Ok Folks here it is, you can say you saw it here first:
"COVFEFE" looks to be the English lettered "transliteration" of a Russian phrase. In Russian it would use the Cyrillic Letters: КО ВФЕФЕ. КО Pronounced "Ko" (long o, almost an "ah")means "Too" as in "Too much". The Root word "ФЕФ", is pronounced "Fyef". "Fyef" in Russian means "a Fetish". Russian language's writing has a little trick, instead of putting an "In" in front of the word, you put a Cyrillic "В" at the front of the word(In English it makes the V sound), and a Cyrillic "E" at the end of the word(In English it makes the "Ye" sound). This all works out to the message in Russian"Too in(or into)a Fetish". Russian speakers do all this language decoding in their heads on the fly, and a ton of other crazy tricks like this, which makes it so hard for native English speakers to learn Russian. They don't even think like we do.
Trump used the phrase; "Despite the negative press covfefe", It would fit the phrase if his intent were to say "Despite the negative press (too in a Fetish)(using a Russian phrase implies "The Media's Russian Fetish").
The first interesting thing, is that I tried to confirm this with Google translate and it would not allow the word in a sentence(the programmers probably believed this use would be too obscure to put it in the database). So, if the Media slackers tried to decode it(which they did) they would come up empty(which they did).
The second interesting thing, is that Hillary herself jumped on the bandwagon, claiming it was a secret message to the Russians. The Irony is, that it is her, and her camp, that started and keep drumming the whole false-Russian narrative, bringing it to an actual "Fetish" level.
Just my observation, or maybe it really was just a bad "Samsung-type" Auto-correct snafu?
edit on 2-6-2017 by EHowardHuntClub because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

China, the #1 global industrial manufacturer, as well as the #1 polluter (in something like every possible type of pollution), only more recently getting on a serious track for renewable energies, and we're supposed to hip hip hooray them for they are jolly good fellos and we're the worst for not all of US losing our collective minds over CO2.

Please tell me that English is not your first language. It is the only excuse for your epic lack of comprehension. Let me express this as simply as possible: propaganda is the art of making people believe what you want them to believe. It may or may not have anything to do with reality. China has been telling the world that they are going to take the lead in fighting climate change by switching to renewable fuels. Donald Trump has called climate change a "hoax," and has issued decrees allowing American businesses to pollute water and air with "clean, beautiful coal." This is what America looked like before the EPA forced utilities to reduce their use of coal, and what it will look like if your hero Trump gets his way:

www.liberalamerica.org...

Which country is demonstrating better leadership in the eyes of the world? The one that claims it is committed to cleaning up its act for the sake of its future, or the one that wants to go back to the "good old days?"
edit on 2-6-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
covfefe mon brave! Covfefe!
edit on 2-6-2017 by CrastneyJPR because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join