It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Hover Board Video Seems Real To Me

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This is the latest video I found on the French hover board. It seems to be done with 6-model jet engines. The backpack has the jet fuel. You can see two fuel lines going down to the hover platform. The pilot holds a throttle controller. It must have gyros for stability. And the movement is controlled by the pilot leaning directions. But the gryos prevent him from tipping too far.

If you see the jet exhaust across the water I doubt this is fake video.

Good music too!

edit on 30-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

This one looks safer, doesn't come with 90 mph specs and a 10,000 foot ceiling....

It's my personal opinion that both are hoaxes, and before you throw the Guinness World Record at me, yes, I'm aware of that.

btw your video is not that recent, there are many that are newer.

edit on 31-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This does look like a real video. Lots of people are around watching this too, I think it is real. Notice these guys seem to be doing this over water a lot, I suppose if you crash it won't hurt as much hitting the water. Lots of boats out there waiting to pick him up if something happens too. I'm pretty sure it is real footage. Looks sort of fun, if I was younger, maybe in my forties, I might like one of those. You don't heal as fast when you are over sixty.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

I wanted one the minute I saw your link then disappointed

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Here's the latest Flyboard Air video.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

There was some sort of wind coming down when the guy landed there, the guy waiting for him had his sleeve flapping on his teeshirt pretty well. Some touchup and CGI is probably done during editing, but I think these things are out there, they are pretty much the same shape board in these two different videos.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The one made by Lexus is the coolest one Ive seen. It's 100% legit, and it just requires certain type of flooring

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Here's an early interview with the "Flyboard Air," CEO and test pilot Franky Zapata from "The Verge"

SIX ENGINES, A LOGIC BOARD, AND A BACKPACK FULL OF KEROSENE...Jet fuel can melt steely skepticism

www.theverge.com...

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
They swapped the water jet for jet engines. Nifty.

Another super cool toy I'll never get to play with.

Hmph.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Yeah it's actually legit. That tank on the back is kerosene. The thing has thrust vectoring nozzles on each engine vs moving the engines. They are working on engine out compensation with the on board computer, so it can land w/o flipping over.

I want one

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I think the guy that rode a drone like a hoverboard at the Portuguese cup final is honestly one of the more practical ones.
Link to more links and so on

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Drone's that fly and take you places assisted with mini jet engines like this will probably become common. If reliable I would not mind using it from time to time given how much traffic is simply unbearable at times.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
This is the latest video I found on the French hover board. It seems to be done with 6-model jet engines. The backpack has the jet fuel. You can see two fuel lines going down to the hover platform. The pilot holds a throttle controller. It must have gyros for stability. And the movement is controlled by the pilot leaning directions. But the gryos prevent him from tipping too far.

If you see the jet exhaust across the water I doubt this is fake video.

Good music too!

Well...decide for yourself...

Here are links to his patents on the design.

Flyboa rd patent

Pa tent 2

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

It is real, and you don't need gyros because the spinning turbine engines themselves act as gyros...

We now have turbine engines the size of large big-gulp soft drink cups that can lift 250 Lbs each. This is not only is possible, it is already being done. These turbines became popular with the large scale model remote controlled hobby aircraft that use these.

This one does 19lbs
www.youtube.com...

See how they are made
www.youtube.com...

Some here do 250 lbs!
jetbeetle.com...
edit on 31-5-2017 by anonfamily because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Looks like might be generating some ad revenue with Breitling, the watch manufacturer.

What are those algorithms controlling to help stabilize, is it just thrust level?

No. We adjust the top speed of the small turbines on the side, and also the inclination of the turboreactors itself. So it’s like we have six systems working together plus my brain and my legs.

Those two little plastic fans were steering the first itineration of the Flyboard Air? I don't think so...
I see they smartened up on their V2 model and make it look like there's actual jets there capable of thrust.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

There exists EDF (electric ducted fans) that size that can produce up to 24 Lbs of thrust.

www.bvmjets.com...

Two of them with a combined thrust of 48 Lbs is a lot of power for an air vehicle. They put these on RC jets that can fly 200 MPH. The definitely would be useful for small corrections / stability purposes...

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Of course it's real, like this one:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
CGI these days is very good.

So many reasons to believe that this isn't real , look I tried to rent the thing , contact the guy , looked at his website . Analyse the footage (they actually made a lot of mistakes in it) ITS ALL SMOKE AND MIRRORS. Well believe what you want to believe. it's possible to generate trust but to maneuver is a different story...

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

You're full of it.

How is it any different than this?

This was made several decades ago. The gyroscopic effect makes it very easy to maneuver.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join